2023 UConn Football Commit - Tucker McDonald (Holden, MA) | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - Tucker McDonald (Holden, MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
H/T to Sidelines-UConn for link:

QB Hit List Profile

-> SIZE: Tucker has very good size for a 2023 Pro Style QB at 6'2" 185 lbs. He plays with a controlled aggressiveness, attacking the defense at every level. Strong throws with increased acceleration.

ACCURACY: Sharp precision passing with throws made with tight rotational spin. Very fluid and consistent arm motion adding to his accuracy.

ARM STRENGTH: He’s able to make every throw required of him. Strong forward momentum with a full arm extension. Dart-like precision, with throws made in between tight windows of space. Solid vertical passing game.

RELEASE: He throws with an over the top delivery, and fully extended release, able to add more height to his passes. Shows good footwork prior to his set up. Very consistent delivery with a fluid arm motion.

THROW ON RUN: This is an area of strength for Tucker. He works well moving laterally across the backfield, opening up passing lanes while showing good vision downfield. A very athletic QB who uses his quickness to seek out possible opportunities.

FOOTWORK: He’s very agile within the pocket, able to get out of traffic. Good speed and quickness on his runs.

POISE: Very confident in his ability to lead his team downfield. He shows good patience in the pocket as he waits for the play to develop.

POCKET PRESENCE: Does a nice job picking up on defensive pressure. Very agile, with excellent mobility.

DECISION MAKING: He’s able to locate his primary receivers with quick initial reads. Does a nice job surveying the field for big play opportunities while on the go

TOUCH: Very good at adjusting the velocity of his delivery, throwing a catchable ball, with a softer release. He’s able to get the ball in between zone coverage into soft areas of the defense. <-

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
THROW ON RUN: This is an area of strength for Tucker. He works well moving laterally across the backfield, opening up passing lanes while showing good vision downfield. A very athletic QB who uses his quickness to seek out possible opportunities.

FOOTWORK: He’s very agile within the pocket, able to get out of traffic. Good speed and quickness on his runs.

These were the two things I looked at from his tape before I read this analysis.

He looked good moving to his left and throwing across his body. With the offense Mora says he wants to run, having a QB with accuracy while on the move is an essential skill.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think he is an athletic QB who can run so I wouldn’t call him a traditional pro style QB.
Yeah....I can see from the highlights he is mobile. But he definitely isn't duel threat like Roberson or Tyler Phommachanh. Not saying it's an issue...but it seems like Mora isn't putting all his eggs in one basket. Mixing it up isn't a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom