2023 UConn Football Commit - Toriyan Johnson (Andover, New Hampshire) | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - Toriyan Johnson (Andover, New Hampshire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's just possible a certain regional recruiting bias can really help us. Especially after we vanquish BC and they drop football. This guy looks like another high upside recruit. This year's going to be interesting. The year after could involve a lot of humble pie being dished out.

Reaction Score
Found this 2021 NEPSAC Basketball Showcase profile for Johnson (teammate of new football commit Cleto Chol):

Toriyan Johnson (2023) 6’11 forward/center Proctor Academy (NH) - Johnson has tremendous floor presence, with big time potential. His touch around the rim is unmatched. He is exploring the physicality of the game, as he is beginning to understand how to exploit his height/weight to his benefit. His conditioning undermines his potential defensive presence, but that will adjust with time. Can produce from the third level, however, he will abandon aspects of his offensive strengths in response to a few makes. His upside is tremendous, if he can figure it out, he could be a blue chip kid.

Reaction Score
Surprised there weren't more schools interested in him. Hard to reach size and can't teach height.
Was thinking the same thing!

Welcome to the dog pound! Keep ‘em in NE!

1655784917990.gif

Reaction Score
Here he is on the basketball court. Certainly has athleticism. The potential is thru the roof.

His athleticism really shows up on the basketball tape. I'm now convinced he's a future star. He's raw but loaded with talent.

Reaction Score
Surprised there weren't more schools interested in him. Hard to reach size and can't teach height.

From a recent Rivals article on 2023 commit Cleto Chol (worth the read):

-> Chol is especially excited about being able to play with his longtime friend, Toryian Johnson. "Toriyan and I have been talking about going to the same school together for a while. He’s not just my teammate, he's been my roommate during my time at Proctor as well and I’ve known him since 5th grade. I truly look at him as a brother and no scale can properly represent how excited I am to share this experience with him too."

And as for what UConn can expect from Johnson, from someone who knows him best? "You can’t teach a lot of the things Toriyan can do at 6’8 320 so UConn fans should know they’re getting a prospect that’s gonna be dangerous in a couple of years of further development." <-

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Welcome Toryian! Looked like you were serving up some breakfast with all of those pancakes you were dishing out in the Twitter clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom