2023 UConn Football Commit - Joseph Fagnano (Williamsport PA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - Joseph Fagnano (Williamsport PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maine career passing stats:

008.jpg

Reaction Score
Would he really leave Maine after 4 years of starting to be a backup here? Maybe D1 perks are that good?
Must be as he is following the lead of his former head coach. That and the possible next step under coach Mora.
Not to mention the facilities and surrounding classmates / players being a step up.

Reaction Score
He throws a really nice accurate medium/deep balls. I think he may have more upside than Turner…. One thing I noticed , instead of immediately running away when there is pressure, he steps up in the pocket and isn’t afraid to get hit while throwing the ball. I like that and we really need a qb who can do that.
And he knows how to and is effective running the zone read.

Reaction Score
He throws a really nice accurate medium/deep balls. I think he may have more upside than Turner…. One thing I noticed , instead of immediately running away when there is pressure, he steps up in the pocket and isn’t afraid to get hit while throwing the ball. I like that and we really need a qb who can do that.
A big part of that is that he is 6-3 225. He can take a hit.

The others. ZT- 5-11, 198. Tyler Phommachanh- 5-10, 182. TR- 6-0, 203. CM- 6-3 203.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Hopefully he isn't injury prone...

"The big thing for Fagnano is going to be staying healthy. He only played in eight games combined in 2020 and 2021. If he can stay on the field, he will give the Huskies an experienced quarterback that can either compete for the job or be a solid back-up."

Reaction Score

"The big thing for Fagnano is going to be staying healthy. He only played in eight games combined in 2020 and 2021. If he can stay on the field, he will give the Huskies an experienced quarterback that can either compete for the job or be a solid back-up."
How much was he hurt? I read he had an ankle injury in 2021 but he played 11 games in 2022. Yeah, hopefully it's just a one off.

Reaction Score

In the 2020 season, which was played in the spring of 2021 due to COVID, Maine played 4 games. In the fall 2021 season, he sprained his ankle early in the season and eventually came back at the end of the season.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So this makes at least two new faces in the QB room and one with whose performance the Offensive Coordinator is personally familiar.

I think UConn needs a couple more developed wide bodies along the line, but with Victor Rosa, Brian Brewton, and the returning receivers, the offense is looking up.

Welcome to the huddle, Joe!

Reaction Score
So this makes at least two new faces in the QB room and one with whose performance the Offensive Coordinator is personally familiar.

I think UConn needs a couple more developed wide bodies along the line, but with Victor Rosa, Brian Brewton, and the returning receivers, the offense is looking up.

Welcome to the huddle, Joe!
There is some nice OL who backed up last year. Transfers from Michigan and Alabama plus the young monster Murawski.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Realizing of course that highlights are just that, it certainly seems he throws a very catchable ball; it appears to gently land right in the hands of the receiver.
When I started watching the highlights, my initial thought process was that there wasn’t a lot of zip on the ball. But he can make all the throws, and he is getting the ball there on time and more importantly, as you point out, he’s throwing catchable balls. Definitely makes the quarterback room better. Welcome aboard Joe!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This is a trust Charlton move. Stats tell you some things. What we don't know is how many times was he hit, sacked, held the ball too long, got rid of it too early, etc. If he stays healthy, he will have the best command of the offense in that room.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In the 2020 season, which was played in the spring of 2021 due to COVID, Maine played 4 games. In the fall 2021 season, he sprained his ankle early in the season and eventually came back at the end of the season.
I would think the New England Football Journal would have good insight on his history since they actively cover Maine.

Their comments seem to overstate his injury issues.

Reaction Score
This is a trust Charlton move. Stats tell you some things. What we don't know is how many times was he hit, sacked, held the ball too long, got rid of it too early, etc. If he stays healthy, he will have the best command of the offense in that room.
Which has to be why he was brought in. Knows the playbook and system and if nothing else can act as a mentor in a room lacking experience. A coach in waiting?

Reaction Score
This is the bottom line. Charlton knows what he can do and wanted him, so this has to be good. We just don't know whether he wanted him to be the #1, compete to be the #1 or just add depth for practices.

Reaction Score
This is the bottom line. Charlton knows what he can do and wanted him, so this has to be good. We just don't know whether he wanted him to be the #1, compete to be the #1 or just add depth for practices.

You can eliminate option 3, he's not coming here for practice depth, I think that much is obvious. Based on everything we know about him he has a good chance to be our starter for game one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom