2023 UConn Football Commit - Jalen Mitchell (Rockledge, Florida) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - Jalen Mitchell (Rockledge, Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I love this. I saw Jalen run at Rockledge High. Cocoa High is their rival and where Tim Passmore played. How is Passmore doing? Not sure how much he played last season.

Reaction Score
I think this is a very nice addition to the RB room. I don't see him as a rambling/bruiser type, so not a true Burns replacement. I think he's sort of a hybrid - speed and a bit of power (he actually goes down a bit easier than I would have thought). Should compliment the rest of the RB's.
This thread sums up why it is so difficult to project these players. Post #12 says he is one of the best after contact; post 24 says he goes down easy. What do any of us really know??

Reaction Score
This thread sums up why it is so difficult to project these players. Post #12 says he is one of the best after contact; post 24 says he goes down easy. What do any of us really know??
Watch his 2021 highlights and make up your own mind.

IMHO, looks like a strong runner that breaks many tackles. Always seems to be moving forward and finishes runs. Decent vision, likes to go north/south, has some burst but not a lot. Does not have top end speed. Decent hands. Solid short yardage and goal line back.

The good news is he older and should be stronger than he was in 2021. Another good tool for Charlton's toolbox.

Reaction Score
This isn’t a good signing it’s a great signing. Obviously health was an issue last year but Mitchell is a lead back. In my opinion becomes most talented back on the roster.

Reaction Score
Watch his 2021 highlights and make up your own mind.

IMHO, looks like a strong runner that breaks many tackles. Always seems to be moving forward and finishes runs. Decent vision, likes to go north/south, has some burst but not a lot. Does not have top end speed. Decent hands. Solid short yardage and goal line back.

The good news is he older and should be stronger than he was in 2021. Another good tool for Charlton's toolbox.
he definitely shows a downhill running style... and he finishes his runs... we need that... Hoping we have/had some hidden gems on OL that really allow for this to show out...

Reaction Score
I know - it's funny how his YAC is high but yet he kind of goes down easy. It might be that while he is not a total bull/hard to bring down he bounces off of initial contact well. Both can be true. Like I said, I think he can add to the RB room by doing several things very well. :)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Just a thought. Shouldn't a running back be running these drills holding a ball?

Good, honest question. There are drills that focus on holding on to the ball, which I'm sure Jalen practices ad nauseum.

However, the drills in his video seem to be tailored to his rehab from a leg injury and that's where his focus should be.

Reaction Score
Just a thought. Shouldn't a running back be running these drills holding a ball?

Some of those workouts are absolutely absurd. Squats on a stability ball and whatever that one leg workout is called on the bosu ball require a level of stability and core strength that I can't wrap my head around. No wonder the guy was known for yards after contact

Reaction Score

Jalen Mitchell is a 5-10 220lb RB from Rockledge Florida attending Louisville. (TransferPortal). Other offers from Akron.

Pre-injury season highlights:

Just saw this. Hope I'm not being repetitive, but he has quick feet, runs with power and has great hands as a receiver.
Great addition.
Welcome Jalen. You're exactly the player we needed to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom