2023 UConn Football Commit - Cleto Chol (Salem, MA) | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - Cleto Chol (Salem, MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Cleto Chol is a 6-6 240lb DL/LB/WR/TE from Salem MA attending Proctor Academy High School in Andover, New Hampshire. Other offers from Bryant, Fordham, Lafayette, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, UMass and Yale.

Highlights

Also plays basketball @ Proctor:

2021 NEPSAC Showcase Profile: Cleto Chol (2023) 6’8 forward Proctor Academy (NH) - Chol is one of the most diverse big men in the New England class of 2022. He has the ability to run the show, shift to off guard and exploit angles on the wing, and punish you with creativity and finesse in the post. His talent is quickly being tapped, but there are many more aspects and nuances that remain dormant within his abilities. He can fill it up on the offensive side of the ball, while defending the opponent’s best player. His engine is elite for his age. If he continues to refine aspects of his work ethic and commitment, he may find himself entertaining a lot of college interest. NERR profile

Reaction Score
Congrats Cleto and welcome to the pound!

It will be interesting to see how he develops weight and position wise. If he can hold the weight he could be another Matt Peart or is he fast enough to be a TE? There are plenty of offensive tackles in the NFL who started out as TE's in college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is crazee! We got a good one here based on the posted summary. Athletic, great defender, offensive skills. A guy that needs to be somewhere on the field. I have a real good feeling about this new Husky. Hard worker with lots of skills that makes everybody better. A winner.

Reaction Score
Congrats Cleto and welcome to the pound!

It will be interesting to see how he develops weight and position wise. If he can hold the weight he could be another Matt Peart or is he fast enough to be a TE? There are plenty of offensive tackles in the NFL who started out as TE's in college.
I love the OL but feel he might have skills that translate better at LB or TE or DE.

Reaction Score
Welcome Cleto! That video was awesome!!

1655784795551.gif

Reaction Score
I love the OL but feel he might have skills that translate better at LB or TE or DE.
I imagine he’ll be packing on some more muscle and will be up around 265 or so, making for a very nice TE or DE with edge pass rushing strengthens.

Reaction Score
I imagine he’ll be packing on some more muscle and will be up around 265 or so, making for a very nice TE or DE with edge pass rushing strengthens.
I think he is coming in as a LB as that is the coach he tagged and was mentioned in the text portion of the commitment video

Reaction Score
I think he is coming in as a LB as that is the coach he tagged and was mentioned in the text portion of the commitment video
Hmm..I guess that would make him a strong side OLB in a 3-4.

Reaction Score
Hmm..I guess that would make him a strong side OLB in a 3-4.
He has OLB listed in both his Twitter and instagram bio. In his instagr Bio he lists himself as a OLB/DE

Reaction Score
I would love having a TE with some length. Could really have an advantage over some LBs and safeties with a 6'6" frame. However, if he becomes a 6'6" 270+ DE I could live with that. If he is 240 as in high school it is a mystery where he will end up on the college field in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
I would love having a TE with some length. Could really have an advantage over some LBs and safeties with a 6'6" frame. However, if he becomes a 6'6" 270+ DE I could live with that. If he is 240 as in high school it is a mystery where he will end up on the college field in a couple of years.
Yup.. Kendall Reyes comes to mind when I think about this kid... Reyes was a lot smaller when he first signed with us as opposed to where he ended up... I can something similar with this young man... but I think he comes a little bigger than Kendall did initially...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Offer from Yale - impressive
Coaching staff seem to be concentrating on these great athletes that the big schools are ignoring - work with them and they will turn out to be gems
Welcome Cleto!!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Offer from Yale - impressive
Coaching staff seem to be concentrating on these great athletes that the big schools are ignoring - work with them and they will turn out to be gems
Welcome Cleto!!!
I agree. But if you had posted this a year or two ago, people would have agreed with it then. The difference will be in the coaching this time around.

Reaction Score
It seems like he was more of a basketball player. Interesting article linking him to Marcus Zegarowski of Creighton.

Pingree's Chol transfers to Proctor; poised for breakout season
Operative word may be "was". Appears now to focus on football recruitment.

Side topics from UConnJim's linked 2020 article: Cleto Chol was then described as 6'8" 210 (now reported as 6'6' 240; take the average 6'7" 225 with upside muscle potential), mother is a village leader in South Sudan, and his kid brother Chris, Proctor Academy '24, then 14, is now a 16 year old, sophomore, 6'4" SG/SF hoop or TE/WR recruit.

Reaction Score
adding 45lbs in the past year helps explain why he doesn't have more major D1 offers. Looks like UConn got him before he blows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom