2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
I’m thinking she must be getting a waiver. Not sure how those work, but agree that she gets one or sits a year.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Last season, second time transfers (non-grad) lke Dre Edwards and Aliyah Matharu had to sit out.

Reaction Score
Last season, second time transfers (non-grad) lke Dre Edwards and Aliyah Matharu had to sit out.
And the rules regarding waivers have changed as well as the NCAA reduced what would be considered an acceptable reason for applying. If I remember correctly, coaching changes at the school the player is transferring from will not be considered a valid reason.

Reaction Score
Was Graves on vacation, and suddenly realized he needs some more players for next season?

Unfortunately the Oregon staff hit the portal like they were recruiting for a community college.
Program is a fall comet at the moment. Crazy how badly having Nyara Sabally and Sedona Prince really hurt the team.

Reaction Score

Top 10 ranked recruit (ESPN) and MacDonalds All American in 2020 but never really got her career going at Syracuse or USF due to series of injuries. Hopefully ready to go and gets her waiver. Three years eligibility. Here is a little more detail on Williams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
late push for portal championship by OK State

What a nice addition to that Oklahoma State squad!! I just love what Coach Hoyt did with the Cowgirls last season. What a bounce back year in year One for that program. I can not wait to see what happens in year two under Coach Hoyt.

Reaction Score
I think it was less about choosing the right fit than about finding a school at all.

She took multiple visits. I’d say def a fit. She could’ve stayed in the sec

Reaction Score
Oregon adds another guard

Oregon landed a commitment from North Alabama transfer Skyler Gill on Thursday. A two-time conference Defensive Player of the Year​

Likely this completes the 23-24 Ducks roster. Although if Priscilla Williams fails to obtain her waiver Graves may want another. He has stated he would like to go with 12 this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon adds another guard

Oregon landed a commitment from North Alabama transfer Skyler Gill on Thursday. A two-time conference Defensive Player of the Year​

Likely this completes the 23-24 Ducks roster. Although if Priscilla Williams fails to obtain her waiver Graves may want another. He has stated he would like to go with 12 this season.

Huh… didn’t he say something about not wanting to use the portal at one time

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think it was less about choosing the right fit than about finding a school at all.
That's kind of the way I'm looking at it....desperation meets desperation.
Coach Kieger, with all due respect, keeps bringing in folks but the phrase "mired in mediocrity" comes to mind.
Even with Mckenna Marisa, Leilani Kapinus and freshman standout Shay Ciezki coming back, she rolled the dice to ensure a jump to extend/ensure a contract.

As for Ms. Owusu saying she liked the coach and girls, which was a polite diss of Kenny Brooks, really? Brooks is known for being as even-steven as it gets and Va. Tech players are just fine, thank you very much.

This could be, umm, interesting. Looks like ND transfer Alli Campbell, another shooting guard, has another block to playing time as she comes back from yet another injury.

Lastly, did you note they referred to Owusu as a shooting guard? Ball will be in Marisa and Ciezki's hands.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
And then there were none (at least on this list). Good luck to commitments and teams.
Back to high school recruiting ;)

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers) Norfolk State
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown) Oklahoma State
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College) Duke
  • Jaden Owens, 5'7" Sr. (Baylor, UCLA) TCU
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland) Penn State
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC) Texas A&M

Guards/Wings
  • Beyoncé Bea 6’1" G from Idaho Washington State
  • Aicha Coulibaly 6’0" G from Auburn Texas A&M
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) South Dakota
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.) Vanderbilt
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) Mississippi State
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest) Tennessee

Forwards
  • Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State) Villanova
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas) Mississippi State
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia) University of Southern California
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul) LSU
  • Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6'2" Sr. (Cal) South Florida

Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech) Going Pro in Spain
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville) Kansas State

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Kate Gilbert's best friend in basketball is Anaya Peoples. Class acts, both. They knew each other from AAU, then both started at Notre Dame and now they'll finish their collegiate ball at DePaul. All power to both of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's kind of the way I'm looking at it....desperation meets desperation.
Coach Kieger, with all due respect, keeps bringing in folks but the phrase "mired in mediocrity" comes to mind.
Even with Mckenna Marisa, Leilani Kapinus and freshman standout Shay Ciezki coming back, she rolled the dice to ensure a jump to extend/ensure a contract.

As for Ms. Owusu saying she liked the coach and girls, which was a polite diss of Kenny Brooks, really? Brooks is known for being as even-steven as it gets and Va. Tech players are just fine, thank you very much.

This could be, umm, interesting. Looks like ND transfer Alli Campbell, another shooting guard, has another block to playing time as she comes back from yet another injury.

Lastly, did you note they referred to Owusu as a shooting guard? Ball will be in Marisa and Ciezki's hands.
When watching Owusu's highlight reel or workouts, her crossover stepback jumper and other moves look more (W)NBA ready than any other player (with the possible exception of CC). However, in retrospect, her decision to join the Hokies was a bad fit, that became worse as another ball-dominant guard (Amoore) took her game to the next level. I respect Coach Brooks for not ducking the question regarding Owusu's PT after she returned from injury. He repeatedly stated that they would have to change their identity to incorporate her style of play. Not only did they have a long winning streak that culminated with an ACC tourney win and a FF appearance, they were beating great teams with a high average margin of victory. It understandably weighed heavily on Owusu, as I cannot recall a basketball player of that pedigree being put in a similar situation, nonetheless, she handled it poorly with her teammates.

Regardless of what position she was listed (she has been termed both a shooting guard & point numerous times in her career), I don't think that she will strictly be off-ball. I agree that even with some nice pieces that you mentioned that will surround her, I can't see PSU making a huge leap (like Illinois did this past year) in the B1G this year. Ashley needs to show the WNBA execs so many things on (eg., defense) and off (obviously) the court this year to reestablish her pro prospects.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Bruno has lost some tremendous players to the portal over the last couple years, but just like Freese (and others) has had to do to a greater extent, in this day and age all you can do is reload to the best of your recruiting abilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom