2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
I will say that the Rutgers board suggests that she has "issues" that may have soured some prospective places on signing her. That may or may not be true, I do agree that apparently there were locker room issues when she left Rutgers, but who was responsible I wouldn't know, and not sure posters on a message board know either..
Have to be careful with this "issues" narrative. And I've only seen one or two posters on the RU board go there with it. Most on the RU board knew of no "issues" when she left RU. She just wanted a bigger stage (and may have seen the tough coaching transition that was to come).

Majority of the RU board don't claim to know but are trying to piece it all together.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Have to be careful with this "issues" narrative. And I've only seen one or two posters on the RU board go there with it. Most on the RU board knew of no "issues" when she left RU. She just wanted a bigger stage (and may have seen the tough coaching transition that was to come).

Majority of the RU board don't claim to know but are trying to piece it all together.
Exactly - that was my understanding at the time she left. That there was locker room issues was almost certain, but there is absolutely no way of knowing if she was involved at all. Unfortunately, over the last few years that Vivian was there, it appeared that locker room issues came up late in a number of seasons. Don't know anything about them.

At the time - when Diamond left Rutgers - I thought it was a good choice on her part. I hated the way many folks on the Rutgers board talked about both Vivian and certain players (not Diamond). I don't think the Rutgers board (and arguably the fanbase) has recovered their equilibrium. Now that I am nowhere near Rutgers - and don't know all that much about the team - I read the message board, but rarely contribute, certainly nothing about the current team.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And then there was one (at least on this list). Stage is all yours, Ms. Owusu.

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers) Norfolk State
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown) Oklahoma State
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College) Duke
  • Jaden Owens, 5'7" Sr. (Baylor, UCLA) TCU
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland)
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC) Texas A&M

Guards/Wings
  • Beyoncé Bea 6’1" G from Idaho Washington State
  • Aicha Coulibaly 6’0" G from Auburn Texas A&M
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) South Dakota
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.) Vanderbilt
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) Mississippi State
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest) Tennessee

Forwards
  • Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State) Villanova
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas) Mississippi State
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia) University of Southern California
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul) LSU
  • Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6'2" Sr. (Cal) South Florida

Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech) Going Pro in Spain
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville) Kansas State

Reaction Score
And then there was one (at least on this list). Stage is all yours, Ms. Owusu.

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers) Norfolk State
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown) Oklahoma State
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College) Duke
  • Jaden Owens, 5'7" Sr. (Baylor, UCLA) TCU
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland)
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC) Texas A&M

Guards/Wings
  • Beyoncé Bea 6’1" G from Idaho Washington State
  • Aicha Coulibaly 6’0" G from Auburn Texas A&M
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) South Dakota
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.) Vanderbilt
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) Mississippi State
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest) Tennessee

Forwards
  • Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State) Villanova
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas) Mississippi State
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia) University of Southern California
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul) LSU
  • Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6'2" Sr. (Cal) South Florida

Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech) Going Pro in Spain
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville) Kansas State
Wait ... is she the one who was the Meyers-Drysdale award winner, 2-time All-American, 3-time (out of 3) All-B1G 1st or 2nd teamer, 2-time B1G tourney MVP, ESPN #5 rated HS player, loved by Shakira, Angel, & Diamond

OR

is she the one who couldn't garner minutes from D'Asia Gregg, not listed on ESPN's top 35 nor 24/7's top 30 players in the portal, had 13 points in 90 minutes (shooting 4-25 from the field with as many turnovers as assists) after her return from a broken pinky, seemingly disliked (by season's end) by the entire V Tech core of quality players?

I can't remember which one she is???

Reaction Score
Wait ... is she the one who was the Meyers-Drysdale award winner, 2-time All-American, 3-time (out of 3) All-B1G 1st or 2nd teamer, 2-time B1G tourney MVP, ESPN #5 rated HS player, loved by Shakira, Angel, & Diamond

OR

is she the one who couldn't garner minutes from D'Asia Gregg, not listed on ESPN's top 35 nor 24/7's top 30 players in the portal, had 13 points in 90 minutes (shooting 4-25 from the field with as many turnovers as assists) after her return from a broken pinky, seemingly disliked (by season's end) by the entire V Tech core of quality players?

I can't remember which one she is???

LOL - she's both. Definitely an enigma based on her career to date.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If Owusu has already used her immediate eligibility transfer, then perhaps she needs to graduate so that she can play immediately. Regardless of whether any schools have made offers, perhaps nothing can be decided and announced until she fulfills undergrad requirements and therefore qualify as a grad student.

Reaction Score
If Owusu has already used her immediate eligibility transfer, then perhaps she needs to graduate so that she can play immediately. Regardless of whether any schools have made offers, perhaps nothing can be decided and announced until she fulfills undergrad requirements and therefore qualify as a grad student.
You are correct that she needs to graduate to play immediately. Interesting if it is not known by now if she has the sufficient credits to do so. Can she take summer classes to fulfill that requirement if necessary?

What if she doesn't graduate? Overseas? I thought that she really needed to redeem herself with the right fit this year -- possibly went from a projected 1st rounder to not even being invited to camps as a free-agent.

If she graduated -- what do people think is the best fit now that most school's rosters are pretty much set? I was thinking TCU until they got Owens. Coach who runs pro style, player-friendly offense and has taken chances on players (eg., DeCosta). I know it's far from the DMV, but if she was in W this year like she anticipated, she would probably be as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are correct that she needs to graduate to play immediately. Interesting if it is not known by now if she has the sufficient credits to do so. Can she take summer classes to fulfill that requirement if necessary?

What if she doesn't graduate? Overseas? I thought that she really needed to redeem herself with the right fit this year -- possibly went from a projected 1st rounder to not even being invited to camps as a free-agent.

If she graduated -- what do people think is the best fit now that most school's rosters are pretty much set? I was thinking TCU until they got Owens. Coach who runs pro style, player-friendly offense and has taken chances on players (eg., DeCosta). I know it's far from the DMV, but if she was in W this year like she anticipated, she would probably be as well.

Her graduation status was clarified some time ago. Haven't seen anything indicating her situation has changed.

Reaction Score
Her graduation status was clarified some time ago. Haven't seen anything indicating her situation has changed.

Thank you. Did not know that and was basing my comments on BRS24's uncertainty regarding that.

So where do you think would be a good landing spot? IMO, very crucial, but not tons of options (shouldn't go somewhere with another ball dominant guard, like V Tech with Georgia A) remaining.

Reaction Score
Thank you. Did not know that and was basing my comments on BRS24's uncertainty regarding that.

So where do you think would be a good landing spot? IMO, very crucial, but not tons of options (shouldn't go somewhere with another ball dominant guard, like V Tech with Georgia A) remaining.

Really don't know where she would be a good fit. Like you, I think the options where she could be a fit seem limited. Last I recall seeing was that she had a visit at Penn State and there were rumours she was visiting an SEC program.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Thanks - I must have missed this post in the midst of all the other portal and WNBA activities.

Reaction Score

She graduated

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Many students from Montclair High School have enrolled at various HBCU and they, upon graduation, have spoken about the same attributes your work colleague does: definite sense of place, spirit and mission. Very all-for-one. Let's hope it works for Diamond.
I remember seeing a game of she playing against Olivia Miles and it was "can you top this" every possession. Thrilling hoops. Maybe we'll still see it; albeit in the NCAA postseason.

I know many HBCU graduates (friends and family) and all of them wouldn't trade their college experiences they had for the world. Very strong sense of pride. They can criticize their school, but watch out if an outsider starts to criticize the same institution. :eek::confused::oops::D

I'm sure you remember Chanette Hicks from VPI. She was an outstanding player for them, but transferred after her junior season to Norfolk State. She ended up as the MEAC Player and Defensive Player of the year her final season of play.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Wow, Williams is touring the country! I remember her spending a year (or two) in Missouri due to her dad's job, then going to upper New York State, then south to Florida; now all the way to Oregon. Whew. Sweet stroke that has been rarely seen on a consistent basis.

She's probably a grad transfer (I think she sat a year out at 'Cuse), so one year for the Ducks.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Wow, Williams is touring the country! I remember her spending a year (or two) in Missouri due to her dad's job, then going to upper New York State, then south to Florida; now all the way to Oregon. Whew. Sweet stroke that has been rarely seen on a consistent basis.

She's probably a grad transfer (I think she sat a year out at 'Cuse), so one year for the Ducks.

AFAIK she did not graduate from USF. She played one year at USF, one year at Cuse, a RS at Cuse, so she should have 3 years left to play (including her COVID year).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
AFAIK she did not graduate from USF. She played one year at USF, one year at Cuse, a RS at Cuse, so she should have 3 years left to play (including her COVID year).
First and foremost, can you please tell me what "AFAIK" means? I could then perhaps appreciate the context is which it's used. ;) Thanks...I'm not up to speed on every acronym (who is?)

If Williams has not graduated, she'll have to sit a year out under the new guidelines for 2nd transfers, unless she petitions the NCAA for various reasons.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
First and foremost, can you please tell me what "AFAIK" means? I could then perhaps appreciate the context is which it's used. ;) Thanks...I'm not up to speed on every acronym (who is?)

If Williams has not graduated, she'll have to sit a year out under the new guidelines for 2nd transfers, unless she petitions the NCAA for various reasons.
As Far As I Know is AFAIK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom