2023 McDonald’s AA game selections | The Boneyard

2023 McDonald’s AA game selections

Reaction Score
Notre Dame with 2
Arizona with 2

That's it for the teams with 2. That leaves 14 teams with 1 MAA each. So, the talent looks to be broadly distributed. Good for more parity.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think it’s related to injuries. Shane Laflin tweeted a few weeks ago that injuries and early enrollment would keep some kids off the team. I know Toomey was injured much of the high school season and Kitts enrolled early at South Carolina. Dew may be injured as well I’m not sure.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Back in 2010, Madison Williams (Michigan State) 6'6" (6'7" on the roster) was named a McDonald's All American and she was Ranked 100 on the ESPN Hoopgurlz (or whatever the affliation was at the time).

Of the top 15 that year, Alyssa Thomas (7), Shoni Schimmel (8), Cassie Harberts (11), Kristen Doherty (12) , and Whitney Bays (13) were all looked over for the honor. Alicia DeVaughn (Maryland Terrapin) was ranked 57th by Hoopgurlz and got the selection. The Single Hoopgurlz rankings aren't the be all end all and I'm not sure what all goes into making a McDonald's All American selection, maybe it's more than stats, like for the Gatorade Players of the Year.

Reaction Score
Some players VERY high on Hoopgurlz (ESPN) Top 100 list didn't get selected. Sierra Toomey #4, Montaya Dew #8. Does that seem kinda bizarre?

Is Toomey even playing? Didn't she tear her ACL at the end of the season last year?

Reaction Score
Back in 2010, Madison Williams (Michigan State) 6'6" (6'7" on the roster) was named a McDonald's All American and she was Ranked 100 on the ESPN Hoopgurlz (or whatever the affliation was at the time).

Of the top 15 that year, Alyssa Thomas (7), Shoni Schimmel (8), Cassie Harberts (11), Kristen Doherty (12) , and Whitney Bays (13) were all looked over for the honor. Alicia DeVaughn (Maryland Terrapin) was ranked 57th by Hoopgurlz and got the selection. The Single Hoopgurlz rankings aren't the be all end all and I'm not sure what all goes into making a McDonald's All American selection, maybe it's more than stats, like for the Gatorade Players of the Year.
Bays didn't make it because she tore her ACL and never played. Laurin Mincy tore her ACL as well but made the team.

Reaction Score
Some players VERY high on Hoopgurlz (ESPN) Top 100 list didn't get selected. Sierra Toomey #4, Montaya Dew #8. Does that seem kinda bizarre?
Who says the selectors even look at Hoopgurlz? Maybe they look at ASGR or another ranker. Maybe they do a composite. Maybe they go to coaches and ask them who they considered in the class. maybe they look at who had the most and best purported offers. Who knows?

Reaction Score
Who says the selectors even look at Hoopgurlz? Maybe they look at ASGR or another ranker. Maybe they do a composite. Maybe they go to coaches and ask them who they considered in the class. maybe they look at who had the most and best purported offers. Who knows?
Many of the members of Premier Basketball Report (which provides ESPN with the rankings) are on the committee, so there’s definitely some overlap there.

Reaction Score
Big 12 got only three, one for my gals and one each for the almost SEC Texas and Oklahoma rosters, so really only one for the league. Weird not seeing Baylor on the list, guess that is LSU's slot now.

First time ever for Iowa State to have a player on both the men's and women's Mac squads so Cyclone fans are pretty happy about the recruiting for this class.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thanks all for the responses. I knew Kitts enrolled early, didn't realize Dew had. And yes if Toomey has been out injured that makes sense as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom