2023 Home Opener vs NC State moved to Thursday Nite (8/31/23) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Home Opener vs NC State moved to Thursday Nite (8/31/23)

Reaction Score
On the first week of classes I think it's going to be very difficult for students to head to this game on a Thursday night. Therefore I'm against it.
You're kidding, right? It's the perfect time.. before kids get fully acclimated into classwork mode... And we should be a much better looking football team too... Exciting moment for UConn, the student athletes, and students as a whole at that moment...

Reaction Score
Chastising people for not spending one of their few vacation days to go watch us get our butts kicked is a bad look.
How do you know how many vacation days anyone has? What I'm trying to say is that the people that can't find that 1 weekday a year to come watch the game have not put going to the games a top priority, which is the biggest difference between us and fans of all the teams down south. I guess you figure we are going to get our butts kicked, and to me,that is a bad look.

Reaction Score
How do you know how many vacation days anyone has?
Thank you for making my point.

You don't know about anyone else's situation, so to judge them for not being able to take off work is just totally out of touch with the reality of the present day.

I say this as someone who has attended many Thursday night openers.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for those that can’t make it but in this age of hybrid remote work, I just don’t see fans having to work being a material problem to having a sell out on the night before the Friday before Labor Day.

Reaction Score
It's all in how you want to prioritize your life. I'm retired now, so I'm not in the same boat, but when I worked, there was never a game I didn't go to because I had to work instead. Sometimes people just look for excuses!
This is no attack, just a pet peeve of mine that so many folks confuse the definition of excuse with the word reason. Not everyone has the type of job as thousands of others and many are more flexible than others. That and family situations, along with the kids summer sports etc. You must have had a sweet job compared to many and and now retired, kudos for that. Do be reminded when the fan base returns this will not be a topic. :cool: I will be there with another but two of my party will not and they have reason.
I'm disappointed that I'll be unable to attend opening day at the Rent since Thursday nights are the only nights I'm unavailable. Looks like I'll have to list those tickets on StubHub.
Sad you can't be there but assured there is a reason and not just an excuse. ;)

Chastising people for not spending one of their few vacation days to go watch us get our butts kicked is a bad look.
I like the chastising part but ...... and it's a big but ....... we may be presently surprised. :D

Reaction Score
How do you know how many vacation days anyone has? What I'm trying to say is that the people that can't find that 1 weekday a year to come watch the game have not put going to the games a top priority, which is the biggest difference between us and fans of all the teams down south. I guess you figure we are going to get our butts kicked, and to me,that is a bad look.
Please stop. I prefer playing the Thursday night before Labor Day to Saturday myself, but it’s beyond dumb to think you know enough about any one person’s work situation to be critical of them because they can’t go. Whenever you schedule a game, the date and time will work better for some than others. No reason to criticize those it doesn’t work for.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Win the opener on 8/31 and....

bottle opener GIF

Reaction Score
This whole thing makes me laugh. 2/3rds of our hoops schedule is on a weeknight. If you can’t go don’t go. Enjoy on TV. But don’t complain about it. If the game was on Saturday half the people would say they have some family picnic to go to and can’t go. If you want to be there you find a way to get there. It’s not like kickoff is 1:30 on Thursday.

This fan base and CT residents in general will always complain about something.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for those that can’t make it but in this age of hybrid remote work, I just don’t see fans having to work being a material problem to having a sell out on the night before the Friday before Labor Day.
I'm old and admit it but when did the Thursday before Labor Day become part of the holiday or anyone's vacation? That and the keyboard generation not understand so many others work situations?
Laborer, carpenter, plumber, electrician, doctor, nurse, PA, truck driver, heavy equipment operator, doctor, anesthesiologists, Lawyer, landscaper, police, fire and rescue teams, I could go on forever.

We are in the age of hybrid remote privileged remote workers dictating how the common hard working man should spend there time or money. Not something for myself ...

Reaction Score
Damn, first week of classes and it’s a Thursday night?

Time to party and hopefully try to remember her name.

Reaction Score
It’s all about desire. It always has been. If you truly wanted to be there you’d make the time, find the money, arrange your schedule, prioritize your obligations, make plans and show up. If not, that’s perfectly OK, but ask yourself if anything else happening on that Thursday evening could ever have you jumping through hoops to attend. If the answer is yes, then a Husky football game just doesnt rise to that level of priority. No judgment is being passed here, just be honest with yourself.

Reaction Score
This whole thing makes me laugh. 2/3rds of our hoops schedule is on a weeknight. If you can’t go don’t go. Enjoy on TV. But don’t complain about it. If the game was on Saturday half the people would say they have some family picnic to go to and can’t go. If you want to be there you find a way to get there. It’s not like kickoff is 1:30 on Thursday.

This fan base and CT residents in general will always complain about something.
Well said

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom