2022 W draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 W draft

Reaction Score
we can't know until the season start, Im not impressive with ryhne Howard she's overrated....she didn't deserve to be in the top 5 like did u guy's see her in the tourm.... if CW play as she should ...She could be number1

Reaction Score
we can't know until the season start, Im not impressive with ryhne Howard she's overrated....she didn't deserve to be in the top 5 like did u guy's see her in the tourm.... if CW play as she should ...She could be number1
I wasnt impressed with Howard when she got eliminated by Iowa last year. She didnt show any heart, but she got her average Points per Game once the game was over. Caitlin Clark had the passion and audacity to take over that game. However, there are traits to her game that would be appealing to WNBA teams.

First and foremost, it is becoming more and more difficult for rookies to stick. Now that veterans and superstars can be paid more, there is less cap space for as many players. But the rookies will be cheaper? Yes they are, but so will players from some of the previous draft classes as well, and they will be more experienced. Having said that, I think Howard brings more to the table than most players I'm her class do.

She is the main option at Kentucky. If she got drafted, I would predict she would come off of the bench and learn. She has a lot of one on one skills, which are very important in the W. She can hit tough shots, and she is physical. No GM is thinking that they are going to get a starter caliber of player from this next draft. It's all about building their draftee. Howard has more potential than most.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wasnt impressed with Howard when she got eliminated by Iowa last year. She didnt show any heart, but she got her average Points per Game once the game was over. Caitlin Clark had the passion and audacity to take over that game. However, there are traits to her game that would be appealing to WNBA teams.

First and foremost, it is becoming more and more difficult for rookies to stick. Now that veterans and superstars can be paid more, there is less cap space for as many players. But the rookies will be cheaper? Yes they are, but so will players from some of the previous draft classes as well, and they will be more experienced. Having said that, I think Howard brings more to the table than most players I'm her class do.

She is the main option at Kentucky. If she got drafted, I would predict she would come off of the bench and learn. She has a lot of one on one skills, which are very important in the W. She can hit tough shots, and she is physical. No GM is thinking that they are going to get a starter caliber of player from this next draft. It's all about building their draftee. Howard has more potential than most.
Howard definitely has starter potential from the get go. She's a fantastic scorer from anywhere and has great size and athleticism. She reminds me a lot of a young Sheryl Swoopes in that regard. Smith has starter potential if she improves her perimeter shot this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Howard definitely has starter potential from the get go. She's a fantastic scorer from anywhere and has great size and athleticism. She reminds me a lot of a young Sheryl Swoopes in that regard. Smith has starter potential if she improves her perimeter shot this year.
I am giving up predictions seeing Onyenwere.

Reaction Score
Howard will the number #1 pick simply because of what she can do on the offensive end of the floor. I don’t think there’s a player who would be picked over her in college basketball other than Paige who is not draft eligible. I’m more of a Na’Lyssa Smith fan than I am Howard, but I still think Howard goes first.

Reaction Score
On the Boneyard. Someone stated she told the coaches she planned to play two years. I don't know what her plans are, just stating what I read.
Ahhh, hope they’re right.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I remember reading that too..I also remember reading that the world was going to end in 2012.
It was supposed to end way before that, remember Y2K?

Reaction Score
It was supposed to end way before that, remember Y2K?
I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet..shocking I know.
Seinfeld Kramer GIF

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
On the Boneyard. Someone stated she told the coaches she planned to play two years. I don't know what her plans are, just stating what I read.
I remember reading that, too. However, I'm skeptical.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well, unless the coaches themselves are posting on the Boneyard, I'm left to wonder how this "someone" would know what she told the coaches.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure she could start at Indiana.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, unless the coaches themselves are posting on the Boneyard, I'm left to wonder how this "someone" would know what she told the coaches.
You have to ask that someone.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
There was video interview posted on the BY where she said she had two years and she planned to play under Geno for that time before she went pro.

That video may have been before she ever had a practice with the team. Don't know. I suspect that's where the comments that she's going to be here for 2 years come from.

Having said that. She could decide to leave and go to Europe tomorrow. But there is the potential for her to continue her training for 2 years at UConn.

Reaction Score
I take it with a grain of a salt. If you want Geno to be interested, you need to say you’ll be here for 2 years.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why in the world you would take Cate Reese over ONO? I’m not even a UConn fan but that is ridiculous to me.
Anybody that understands basketball wouldn't. But that's why these bloggers are sitting on their couch with a laptop instead of of working in a team's front office. I hope nobody takes these lists seriously.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anybody that understands basketball wouldn't. But that's why these bloggers are sitting on their couch with a laptop instead of of working in a team's front office. I hope nobody takes these lists seriously.
I think they call that Click bait. BTW I highly recommend this Netflix series of the same name. It get a little corny at the end but lots of twist and terns before that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom