OT: - 2022 US Open (Golf) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 US Open (Golf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And Tigers shot over the water to the pin as the light was waning at some tournament I can't remember.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And Tigers shot over the water to the pin as the light was waning at some tournament I can't remember.
I guess it was at Firestone - World Golf Championships. Not a major but an important tourney. And apparently it wasn't over water. Still a cool shot with some interesting spectator highlights (no pun intended).

Reaction Score
Loosing Morikawa or any of the young guns will really hurt the tour but Liv is throwing around crazy money guaranteed
I think Colin would have loved a 54 hole tournament, as long as he could pick which holes or days. If he goes, he’s dead to me, just like anyone that supports MBS.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think Colin would have loved a 54 hole tournament, as long as he could pick which holes or days. If he goes, he’s dead to me, just like anyone that supports MBS.
I think LIV golf s;ucks for sure. Not a fan. I wonder how many of us would have been against the ABA or WHL.

Reaction Score
I have no idea. This was back in 1996. I was over there alone, with my sticks. I'd already played the Eden and Strathyrum courses (the latter in wind and rain and got lost and started playing a whole other course). I was planning on leaving early the next morning to hit some Scotch distilleries to the north. But as I was eating dinner in some Turkish place in the middle of town, I overheard a conversation between a party of three American guys and their wives and how their fourth lost all their luggage, including clubs and wouldn't be making their tee time the next morning. After a short conversation they asked what I was doing at 7am.

So to answer your question, for me, it was about 12 hours :D
Very cool story

Reaction Score
Dick Groat’s grand-nephew just joined LIV Golf. The fact that he has verbally destroyed Mickelson at least makes for a juicy storyline.

Reaction Score
I think LIV golf s;ucks for sure. Not a fan. I wonder how many of us would have been against the ABA or WHL.
Apples v Oranges. Not even close to the same comparison. I remember the AFL too. Entertaining games that were on late (after the Giants).

Reaction Score
Apples v Oranges. Not even close to the same comparison. I remember the AFL too. Entertaining games that were on late (after the Giants).
Agreed. All those businesses were trying to make money. LIV is tossing such crazy money with zero interest in P&L. How do u compete with an entity that has a bottomless pit of money and doesn’t care about profit , regardless of where it’s coming from ?

Reaction Score
Brooks Koepka becomes latest star golfer to leave PGA Tour for LIV Golf Series, sources confirm

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's all about making $ for less time on the road, IMHO. I'm not surprised by some of the defections as most cite spending more time with family, but for guys like Westwood and Poulter, it really is the last payday they'll get as they'll be banned from the Champions Tour. I'm wondering how their competitive instincts will deal with that since neither (well, possibly Westwood) will really have a chance to win on the LIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom