OT: - 2022 US Open (Golf) | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 US Open (Golf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was hoping someone else would start the thread this time, but it's getting close so here it is. All the guys 100:1 or less:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Scheffler while hot earlier has not been on his game as of late.

JT has been solid, Rahm seems to have his putting back and Rory just won on a similar course last week. I expect the winner to come from one of those three.

Not sure of Koepka's health, but if he's gotten over the injuries, he's always in the mix even though he hasn't really played a lot lately.

Spieth wins when he's draining 10 to 20 foot putts with regularity and he hasn't been doing that.

Sometimes I have a clear favorite like Scheffler at the Masters this year - but this week, not feeling anyone is a clear cut favorite.

Not going out on a limb here - taking Rory (partly sentimental).

Reaction Score
My picks this week: Xander, Lowry, Homa, Sungjae

Anyone going since its in Boston? Tickets were going for a ton on Stubhub

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Scheffler while hot earlier has not been on his game as of late.

JT has been solid, Rahm seems to have his putting back and Rory just won on a similar course last week. I expect the winner to come from one of those three.

Not sure of Koepka's health, but if he's gotten over the injuries, he's always in the mix even though he hasn't really played a lot lately.

Spieth wins when he's draining 10 to 20 foot putts with regularity and he hasn't been doing that.

Sometimes I have a clear favorite like Scheffler at the Masters this year - but this week, not feeling anyone is a clear cut favorite.

Not going out on a limb here - taking Rory (partly sentimental).
i agree - no idea who is going to win
if i had to pick, one of: Fitzpatrick, Xander or Varner

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'll go with one of Ancer, Zalatoris, Rory and JT.

Reaction Score
I hope weather is good and they dry the course out.
I’m all over the place on my 1 and done. Thinking Scheffler, Cameron Davis, Hovland or Cameron Smith of those I have left

Reaction Score
I hope weather is good and they dry the course out.
I’m all over the place on my 1 and done. Thinking Scheffler, Cameron Davis, Hovland or Cameron Smith of those I have left
I’m terrible at this but lots of talk about how driving is key at this course because fairways are narrow….and Cam has been struggling off the tee

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Absolutely no feel for this.

Very few players have played this course. It's not a very technical course. It's a US Open so fairways and greens are never bad.

Zalatoris finally win or does he become the next Fowler or Schauffele?? Bridesmaid for life.

Gimme JT, Zalatoris, Burns and Homa.

Reaction Score
Absolutely no feel for this.

Very few players have played this course. It's not a very technical course. It's a US Open so fairways and greens are never bad.

Zalatoris finally win or does he become the next Fowler or Schauffele?? Bridesmaid for life.

Gimme JT, Zalatoris, Burns and Homa.
It has Pebble-sized small greens, that much I do know.

Reaction Score
Not terribly excited about this course. Listened to Homa yesterday and it sounds like the greens are soft to start the week and the graduated rough should make it much easier to score than say a Chambers or Shinnecock. Think winner comes in around -14, if you hit fairways youre gonna hit greens here. Think we see JT coming through with his second of the year here, especially with his form.
Others I like are Willy Z, Rory (although don't love his wedge game on this course) and Conners as an iron player who should excel here

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not terribly excited about this course. Listened to Homa yesterday and it sounds like the greens are soft to start the week and the graduated rough should make it much easier to score than say a Chambers or Shinnecock. Think winner comes in around -14, if you hit fairways youre gonna hit greens here. Think we see JT coming through with his second of the year here, especially with his form.
Others I like are Willy Z, Rory (although don't love his wedge game on this course) and Conners as an iron player who should excel here

Put me firmly in the winning score will be -6 or worse.

I was high on Connors and Ancer going in to this year and both have been total duds. I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on either one which means one of them will do well. You can add Hovland to this list.

Agree with @NJHusky that Cam Smith's driver has been a train wreck and that doesn't bode well on this course.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Rory (although don't love his wedge game on this course)
I'm curious what you don't like about his wedge game on this course. His wedge was the reason he won the tournament last week.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what you don't like about his wedge game on this course. His wedge was the reason he won the tournament last week.
When Rory misses, he tends to miss long with his wedges. With how most of these greens are sloped, long is dead. You have to be short and pitching back up into the grain to have easy up and downs. He's 150 at scrambling from the rough and 80 at proximity to the hole from 100 yards in, both which hell have a lot of this week

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Put me firmly in the winning score will be -6 or worse.

I was high on Connors and Ancer going in to this year and both have been total duds. I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on either one which means one of them will do well. You can add Hovland to this list.

Agree with @NJHusky that Cam Smith's driver has been a train wreck and that doesn't bode well on this course.
Ancer did get a top 10 @ PGA.

The thing about Brookline is that it can be played a myriad of ways - there aren't many holes with distinct specified landing areas. One can get creative in how they attack it. And I think that favors a solid iron player like Ancer.

Reaction Score
Anyone here ever play the course? If so, any specifics to watch for?

Reaction Score
Varner at the bottom of the list. He's played pretty well in the open especially Bethpage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was hoping someone else would start the thread this time, but it's getting close so here it is. All the guys 100:1 or less:

Matt Fitzpatrick won 2013 US Amateur at this course and is ranked #18 in the world. Don' see him listed but he's worth a look.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just don't try to fly in or out of Logan. What a catastrophe. Can't believe they closed a tunnel while hosting the U.S. Open and NBA finals.

Reaction Score
I'd bet HV3 to be a R1 or R3 leader, then hammer the over on an over/under Sunday 78 ha

Reaction Score
Fitz and Lowry usually play well on tough tracks. No surprise if either top 10

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anyone here ever play the course? If so, any specifics to watch for?
Never played there, but walked it in '99 during a Ryder Cup practice round (which was also a job interview!). It's known for small, canted greens. It should be hard to go low, the course record is 64, There's an early blind par three (#2), some blind fairways, and #9 has a pond that cuts way into the fairway at about 320 from the tee, so bombers likely won't be bombing that one. Scoring will likely be on the back 9 as the front is only a par 34. A few of the holes on the back look like they should be pretty easy, but the small greens make it deceptively harder than it looks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never played there, but walked it in '99 during a Ryder Cup practice round (which was also a job interview!). It's known for small, canted greens. It should be hard to go low, the course record is 64, There's an early blind par three (#2), some blind fairways, and #9 has a pond that cuts way into the fairway at about 320 from the tee, so bombers likely won't be bombing that one. Scoring will likely be on the back 9 as the front is only a par 34. A few of the holes on the back look like they should be pretty easy, but the small greens make it deceptively harder than it looks.
They changed the layout some. #8 is now a par 5. 2022 U.S. Open: Inside the The Country Club's championship layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom