2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion... | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion...

Reaction Score
Mora needs to stop kicking the can down the road and name a starter.
Diaco named 2 by now. Everyone down to 4th string was some type of starter including the hydration manager.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Diaco named 2 by now. Everyone down to 4th string was some type of starter including the hydration manager.
Well they were all partners in helping us to get better.

Reaction Score
Mora mentioned an unsigned QB, whose name he couldn't say, who will be coming into the class. Could that be Millen? If not, any sense whom it might be?

Reaction Score
Mora mentioned an unsigned QB, whose name he couldn't say, who will be coming into the class. Could that be Millen? If not, any sense whom it might be?
Its Millen... he hasn't transferred yet. Zion Turner (still in high school) will not be on campus till summer camp as well.

Reaction Score
Been here longer than you buddy, but I don't just need to fill the pages with garbage like you. I cannot wait for you to argue that fact when you simply could look to the left of any post to see. But for you those dates probably will just flatly be ignored and you will write 20 responses on how I cannot prove I have been here longer than you even though is is plainly within your eyesight on this page.

Since you talk about the "mathematics" of hypothesis testing, which is a particularly weird way of talking about it, I will walk you like a little child through the one we are experimenting with here. If you actually did understand what even the word hypothesis means, you would understand that all it takes is one example to reject the Null hypothesis of him not being recruited by a P5 school as a QB. Given that the West Virginia article talks about him from his very own mouth being recruited as a QB to West Virginia, a P5 school, you can immediately reject the Null and accept the alternative hypothesis of him having been recruited as a P5 QB. You don't prove the alternative hypothesis like you are asking everyone to do, that's impossible and I imagine even in your convoluted rants, that is exactly what you are leaning on here, you simply reject the Null as at least medic and I have successfully done already. No matter how long you continue to ignore multiple reputable articles on this, including direct words from the horses mouth, it doesn't change reality.

Now it appears that what you call "mathematics" and I call scientific method has beyond any doubt proven that you are nothing but a troll on here and that your thousands of posts more than mine are probably just garbage.
Wow, blown away by this. Talk about ad hominem!! Ask a question around here and get completely and repeatedly trashed in about 150-200 words including name calling. By someone with 238 posts. What can we conclude from that? Other than if you call someone a name you have thrown in the towel. Thanks for the concession.

Reaction Score
At this point, The Onion has become Pulitzer level investigative journalism. Nothing makes sense anymore.
Very true. In fact I shared a hilarious Onion piece on FB once and got flamed by people who thought it was serious. Despite clearly being labelled as satire and "Not the news". ;)

Reaction Score
Its Millen... he hasn't transferred yet. Zion Turner (still in high school) will not be on campus till summer camp as well.
Thanks Medic A real quarterback competition with talented qbs. My testosterone levels have jumped over 1000.

Reaction Score
He may also decide what type of offense he will run based on the Quarterback that emerges as the best; if there is a clear 'winner'.
You know, what should have been done here since PP demoted Moorhead in 2011, but instead tried to force kids into systems they didn't fit.

It's so nice to feel like the program is being run by someone that is up to date and competent. P's biggest problem was his loyalty to GDL, had he literally had any other OC, he would have had a much more successive stint with Brown's defensives. Diaco was just in over is head and has come out and said as much. The college game passed Edsall by. His style worked the first time around, but the game changed since he was fired from Maryland and he was just too stubborn to admit he was wrong. Now Mora is running the program like a big time football program and it feels like the last 12 years are a distant memory.

Reaction Score
From today’s NLI signing day media availability germane to the thread discussion:

—> Mora has put emphasis on filling the quarterback room. Huskies freshman Tyler Phommachanh, recovering from a torn ACL, and redshirt junior Steven Krajewski, who took most of the snaps in 2021, will be back. They’ll be joined by the experienced Roberson and Zion Turner, a highly decorated high school quarterback from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Cale Millen, the son of former NFL quarterback Hugh Millen, is also expected to sign as a transfer from Northern Arizona.

Mora’s checklist for quarterbacks is based on his time in the NFL, learning from Bill Walsh, Mike Holmgren and Steve Mariucci.

“No. 1 is leadership ability,” Mora said. “Leadership is not words, it’s action. They are all leaders, and you see it in their actions and the way people react to them. You have to be a great decision maker. The most valuable asset out there is that ball. You have to know when to concede a play, take a sack. You have to have accuracy as a quarterback. These guys are all in difference stages of their development as far as accuracy, but we all believe they will be accurate passers as their footwork improves. Another thing is mobility, I don’t mean to be a runner but to be able to move in the pocket, make plays with your legs and your arm. And then arm strength.”

Phommachanh, from Stratford and Avon Old Farms, had three promising games before going down with a knee injury. Mora said his recovery is going well, and he is hopeful of having him ready for summer practices.

Mora doesn’t consider himself a believer in the two-quarterback approachs, but he’s open to it. What he will have is some intense competition for snaps. “You need to have consistency,” he said. “In an ideal world, you want one guy.” <-

Reaction Score
Wow, blown away by this. Talk about ad hominem!! Ask a question around here and get completely and repeatedly trashed in about 150-200 words including name calling. By someone with 238 posts. What can we conclude from that? Other than if you call someone a name you have thrown in the towel. Thanks for the concession.
I'm sorry. I apologize for you thinking that I called you a name. I would never want you to think that or to do that. It wasn't name calling, but rather simply stating a fact about who you are on here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sounds like Tyler Phommachanh won't even begin full training until summer. I really don't expect anything from him next year. That's not a cheap shot at his talent or anything else. I just believe the staff will shelve him if at all possible to save a year and make sure whenever they do decide to use him, he is fully rehabbed and has been practicing at full speed.

Reaction Score
Roberson will be getting a lot of snaps this spring. More than Tyler got as a 3rd string freshman player with a couple of starts. More than Drena, He will have a leg up on Millen and Turner. Steve K will find out where he stands after the spring game.

Reaction Score
From today’s NLI signing day media availability germane to the thread discussion:

—> Mora has put emphasis on filling the quarterback room. Huskies freshman Tyler Phommachanh, recovering from a torn ACL, and redshirt junior Steven Krajewski, who took most of the snaps in 2021, will be back. They’ll be joined by the experienced Roberson and Zion Turner, a highly decorated high school quarterback from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Cale Millen, the son of former NFL quarterback Hugh Millen, is also expected to sign as a transfer from Northern Arizona.

Mora’s checklist for quarterbacks is based on his time in the NFL, learning from Bill Walsh, Mike Holmgren and Steve Mariucci.

“No. 1 is leadership ability,” Mora said. “Leadership is not words, it’s action. They are all leaders, and you see it in their actions and the way people react to them. You have to be a great decision maker. The most valuable asset out there is that ball. You have to know when to concede a play, take a sack. You have to have accuracy as a quarterback. These guys are all in difference stages of their development as far as accuracy, but we all believe they will be accurate passers as their footwork improves. Another thing is mobility, I don’t mean to be a runner but to be able to move in the pocket, make plays with your legs and your arm. And then arm strength.”

Phommachanh, from Stratford and Avon Old Farms, had three promising games before going down with a knee injury. Mora said his recovery is going well, and he is hopeful of having him ready for summer practices.

Mora doesn’t consider himself a believer in the two-quarterback approachs, but he’s open to it. What he will have is some intense competition for snaps. “You need to have consistency,” he said. “In an ideal world, you want one guy.” <-
Mora really emphasized that arm strength is about 4th or 5th on his list of what he looks for in a QB. Leadership and decision making being top priority bodes well for Tyler Phommachanh. His quick decision making as a true freshman was outstanding. If he is 100% come August he will be in play for the starting position as he should be given how the team responded to him last year.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mora really emphasized that arm strength is about 4th or 5th on his list of what he looks for in a QB. Leadership and decision making being top priority bodes well for Tyler Phommachanh. His quick decision making as a true freshman was outstanding. If he is 100% come August he will be in play for the starting position as he should be given how the team responded to him last year.

yeah but accuracy is up there after valuing the ball. Tyler Phommachanh missed a bunch of throws by a lot when he tried to throw on the run. If he can use his mobility to shift the pocket and set his feet before he throws, he'll be in the mix. Otherwise, it will be tough.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry. I apologize for you thinking that I called you a name. I would never want you to think that or to do that. It wasn't name calling, but rather simply stating a fact about who you are on here.

Here's a basic fact about the Boneyard. Parents read this. And players. If WE post a Commitment thread, please frigging have the good sense to be respectful of OUR collective joy of adding another talent and YES - don't pollute it with nonsense. Like> asking why one FBS program didn't offer a Tennessee kid when there are 30 FBS programs within a few 100 miles. And he had plenty. OR etc etc. It is the one thread where you should not go beyond the boundary of decency.

Reaction Score
Here's a basic fact about the Boneyard. Parents read this. And players. If WE post a Commitment thread, please frigging have the good sense to be respectful of OUR collective joy of adding another talent and YES - don't pollute it with nonsense. Like> asking why one FBS program didn't offer a Tennessee kid when there are 30 FBS programs within a few 100 miles. And he had plenty. OR etc etc. It is the one thread where you should not go beyond the boundary of decency.
Here is an even more basic fact. I wrote a ton of really really complementary things about what I think is one of our best QB recruits ever in an attempt to stop a person who continually was spreading negative misinformation about that recruit and ignoring factual evidence presented by not only me, but Medic. There is not a single parent or player who would be upset with me for that or for identifying the spreader of the misinformation as a troll, which is by definition what that poster is doing.

Maybe you should give the lecture to the guy who was directly spreading negative information about the recruit instead of the guy who was hyping the recruit up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom