2022 UConn Football Commit - Will Knight (Smyrna, Delaware) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Will Knight (Smyrna, Delaware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know nothing but it seemed like they recruited some players that may be decent at blocking. If Will, Nate and others can get first downs and touchdowns I’d find that pretty exciting.

Reaction Score
Think him and carter are gonna be a great 1-2 and then you mix in brewton and Darius bush we’ll be cooking

Reaction Score
I think there won’t be one bell cow back next year and that’s okay. Competition is great. I also think Rosa is going to see meaningful snaps.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
5'8" 213-225 lbs- kid's a fire hydrant on wheels. "Modern" high flying O is great- but I still love a little smash mouth running game a la Dixon/Sherman. Gonna be fun watching DBs bouncing off this load.
Still have to be able to get your third and ones. Nice to see us land a guy that can move a pile

Reaction Score
Welcome Will.
Always like RB's with the Emmitt Smith body type. Finds and hits holes fast and hard, quick moves to avoid tackles and shows nice speed down the field. Fun to watch him stand up LB's and some linemen when blocking too.

Reaction Score
The guy averaged over 7 yards a carry as a starting TB at Delaware. That doesn’t sound like a short yardage back to me. That sounds like someone who was brought in to compete with and share time with Carter.
There's nothing wrong with depth and a little competition. I still remember Todman/Dixon. Injuries happen too...

In the videos I watched I was most impressed with the kid's field vision. A lot of big guys just run toward the least contact and then try to drag a tackler a couple yards forward. He seems to have some patience waiting for plays to develop or holes to open.

Reaction Score
Sounds like an upgrade especially considering the fact that Mensah was not granted an invite back.

Reaction Score
I like our running back group next year with Carter, Brewton, Knight and Rosa. No complaints here.

Now keep offering offensive linemen in the portal! (Guidone was great start, hoping other dominoes start to fall that allow a few more O Linemen commits soon)

Reaction Score
I like our running back group next year with Carter, Brewton, Knight and Rosa. No complaints here.

Now keep offering offensive linemen in the portal! (Guidone was great start, hoping other dominoes start to fall that allow a few more O Linemen commits soon)

For folks hoping to see an immediate improvement of talent that would lead to wins, give me a QB (not easy), on WSDE who can get to the QB and two or three real OL. On both lines, it is much more likely that you're getting an OL or DL in as a transfer, portal or JUCO, than that a true frosh is going to walk in and have the immediate impact you need.

Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with depth and a little competition. I still remember Todman/Dixon. Injuries happen too...

In the videos I watched I was most impressed with the kid's field vision. A lot of big guys just run toward the least contact and then try to drag a tackler a couple yards forward. He seems to have some patience waiting for plays to develop or holes to open.
We had Dixon, Todman and Donald Brown on the team at one point. We forget that. We not have Carter, Burns, Knight and Rosa. But I suspect Rosa is going to be playing in the slot a lot more than in the back field.

Reaction Score
We had Dixon, Todman and Donald Brown on the team at one point. We forget that. We not have Carter, Burns, Knight and Rosa. But I suspect Rosa is going to be playing in the slot a lot more than in the back field.

Robbie Frye overlapped with that group as well. We could run the ball very well. Still remember running Dixon left on three consecutive plays in OT at ND. Total physical overmatch at that point.

Reaction Score
For folks hoping to see an immediate improvement of talent that would lead to wins, give me a QB (not easy), on WSDE who can get to the QB and two or three real OL. On both lines, it is much more likely that you're getting an OL or DL in as a transfer, portal or JUCO, than that a true frosh is going to walk in and have the immediate impact you need.
My order of need:
1. QB: people keep defending our abysmal qb play on coaching and offensive line. While both have an impact on qb play, a good qb can make plays even under poor circumstances. We did not have that. Need to find a solid qb(s) in the portal to compete for the starting gig. A good qb masks a lot of deficiencies.
2. Edge Rusher(s): We had zero rush and as much as people want to blame the scheme, it wasn’t the scheme. We did not have any edge players that could win matchups one on one. And we don’t need just one, we need several. Doesn’t matter the position, just need someone who can line up outside and bring pressure. This still has not been addressed for next season and until it does this will again be a bottom feeder defense.
3. O Line - I am confident a couple of the youngsters on O Line will improve due to another year in the weight room, but that was as worse of an O Line we have seen since the jump to FBS. Staff did great job getting FCS All American in Guidone. But need 3-4 more from portal - that’s how dire of a situation this is.

Reaction Score
Robbie Frye overlapped with that group as well. We could run the ball very well. Still remember running Dixon left on three consecutive plays in OT at ND. Total physical overmatch at that point.
The Oline absolutely drained the entire defense at that point. Everyone in that stadium knew what was coming, there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Reaction Score
LETS GOOOOOO

1640158380667.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members