2022 UConn Football Commit - Tres Barboza (Castroville, Texas) | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Tres Barboza (Castroville, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL. Internet graphics aren't going to win us any games. Anyone care instead to figure out if this guys was any good while he was at UTEP?
Someone doesn’t understand how recruiting works. While we might not care how graphics look, kids definitely do. Scrolling through Twitter and they see something unique that catches their eye is just another way programs gain exposure to prospective student athletes.

Reaction Score
LOL. Internet graphics aren't going to win us any games. Anyone care instead to figure out if this guys was any good while he was at UTEP?
According to the UTEP gameday depth charts he was a back-up at RT to a RS-FR in 2021. It says he has only 8 games played and 1 start in his career, so he did not exactly kill it with PT at UTEP and it doesn't even show him in their participation chart at all last season. (No known info regarding injuries)

Reaction Score
According to the UTEP gameday depth charts he was a back-up at RT to a RS-FR in 2021. It says he has only 8 games played and 1 start in his career, so he did not exactly kill it with PT at UTEP and it doesn't even show him in their participation chart at all last season. (No known info regarding injuries)

Uh oh.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Love the size
You cant teach size so its up to him to strive for success and the coaches to bring the best out of him
Welcome to UConn Tres

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We absolutely need bodies that have the bulk to play in the trenches. Ideally it would be great to add a handful of kids through the portal that can end up in the NFL. I do don't think we are in a position yet to make that a criteria.

I'm very happy we landed this kid. I would like a few more his size.

Reaction Score

El Paso Times calling his time there as an injury plagued career. Said had a number of P5 offers out of JC. Hopeful.

Reaction Score
El Paso Times calling his time there as an injury plagued career. Said had a number of P5 offers out of JC. Hopeful.
According to UTEP’s message board when he committed he had 2 P5 offers and 2 G5 offers other than UTEP but didn’t list the schools

Reaction Score
I understand your point, but what I am focused on is the complete overhaul and upgrade to the program. Minor things like graphics won’t win games, but acting like a 21st century FBS program in all respects is all part of the equation. It’s new here, but it’s one of many signals that we are not going quietly into that deep dark night.

the real question I have is he better than what we have? The fact that he played on a bowl team suggests he should be.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Worst case scenario it's a mature body with D1 experience for the second team or scout team.

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest one reason UConn hasn't played well is the competition in practice against the 2's and scout team wasn't very strong. UConn didn't have roster depth to push and develop the starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom