2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Look at Mac Jones. He was drafted into a great situation with the Patriots. The Pats have a Hall of Fame head coach, a very experienced OC, and they have brought Jones along slowly which has made him look pretty good. You put Lawrence on the Pats and he would have looked pretty good this year as well.

Maybe, but if you watch Lawrences last college game he also had no clue what to do at end of game situations and was mostly just throwing balls to wide open receivers. Same could be said of most good college QB's but Lawrence just looked more like a playground legend to me. Not something he can't learn, but I don't think played in many close games in his life.

Reaction Score
This may well be the breakthrough get that allows UConn to attract more highly rated players from the portal. Once the word gets out that UConn is really building fast, that should make it easier. A couple of players for the OL will be needed to fully utilize a QB upgrade. And while they are at it, a couple of impact players on the DL. So getting that first high profile player is critical. Let's see who else joins the budding avalanche.

Reaction Score
His offers out of HS are more indicative of his actual play on the field? Cool. Makes sense. Kids with good offers are always great, you're right, that is all that matters.

He could be great, he could not be. What I said regarding his play against Iowa is a fact. Being good because he got offers is pure speculation and hope.
And Tim Boyle was awful for UConn and lackluster for Western Kentucky, but here we are watching him start for the Lions while Goff is out. But keep going on how one, just one game, means Ta'Quan is the worst QB you've ever seen play football.

Reaction Score
It’s like none of y’all have watched UCONN football these past couple years or refuse to acknowledge how bad our program sunk under that other guy, y’all are letting his performance in the Iowa game, which is one of the hardest places to play, especially for a back up QB who was CLEARLY underprepared, determine if he can play or not when we started JACK ZERGIOTIS in our opener last season. I really can’t take some of y’all seriously

Reaction Score
Man the crazy on the yard is even stronger. We get a 4 star qb and people are not thrilled. Jeez. Channeling my inner Rick Pitino from his time in Boston. ‘The negativity on this board sucks’. Welcome TaQuan I’m thrilled you’re here!!

Reaction Score
Man the crazy on the yard is even stronger. We get a 4 star qb and people are not thrilled. Jeez. Channeling my inner Rick Pitino from his time in Boston. ‘The negativity on this board sucks’. Welcome TaQuan I’m thrilled you’re here!!
UConn gets a very highly regarded transfer QB from PSU

Recruit struggles in the one game where the starter goes down and he was thrown in under prepared for

BY: This is the worse QB of all time and I can't be Mora is wasting his time with this kid.

Never change boneyard.

Reaction Score
Good pickup, don’t know how anyone can be critical. We need to upgrade talent at qb. Obviously we aren’t going to get a proven fbs qb to transfer here. This is the type of guy you hope to be able to bring in.

He shouldn’t and won’t be anointed the starter based on offers out of high school. I can’t imagine we’ll have anything but an open competition.

Reading much into one game against Iowa is silly. I watched that game he was awful, the offense couldn’t move the ball once he went in. But it was his first real action on the road against a top defense. Says almost nothing about whether he can be an upgrade here. And hyperbole like calling it the worst qb play you’ve ever seen is straight up telling on yourself that you haven’t watched many UConn games the past 10 years.

Reaction Score
Keep it on topic... 2022 QB competition discussion is here: 2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion...

-> McKenna, who texts Roberson regularly, is eager to see him get another chance. “He needs to play,” McKenna said. “He hasn’t played football in a while other than practice. He needs to get on the field and play. I’m ecstatic for him.” <-

-> According to McKenna, Roberson is coming in with something to prove. “He really wants it,” McKenna said. “You’re getting a kid that’s extremely motivated to prove what he can do at this level. You’re going to get a leader as a quarterback. You’re going to get a positive guy. He is always positive, always on to the next play. “His teammates will love him. He’ll have no problem fitting in.” <-

->“We had a bunch of good players,” McKenna said, “but he was our quarterback. He’s going to fit in right away. He’s used to competing, so I’m not worried about that, and neither is he.” <-

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Keep it on topic... 2022 QB competition discussion is here: 2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion...

-> McKenna, who texts Roberson regularly, is eager to see him get another chance. “He needs to play,” McKenna said. “He hasn’t played football in a while other than practice. He needs to get on the field and play. I’m ecstatic for him.” <-

-> According to McKenna, Roberson is coming in with something to prove. “He really wants it,” McKenna said. “You’re getting a kid that’s extremely motivated to prove what he can do at this level. You’re going to get a leader as a quarterback. You’re going to get a positive guy. He is always positive, always on to the next play. “His teammates will love him. He’ll have no problem fitting in.” <-

->“We had a bunch of good players,” McKenna said, “but he was our quarterback. He’s going to fit in right away. He’s used to competing, so I’m not worried about that, and neither is he.” <-

Sounds good. Beaudry was a leader, Whitmer was a leader. What we need is someone who can help us put up 30+ points a game!

Reaction Score
This is a recruiting breakthrough, no doubt about it. We need to welcome the young man and give him our support. He needs to know that we CT Yankees can be just as welcoming as anywhere in the nation.

As for the naysayers and doubters, just realize it is early days. Let's just see if this recruitment and others can get UConn even more help up front on both sides of the ball. Time to relax and enjoy, really. The show is just starting.

Reaction Score
The most worrisome thing in this thread is that people think Steven Krajewski is a good QB at this level. I’m glad he’ll be in the QB room for the continuity and experience but if he is seeing the field at all in non-blowout minutes we have major issues.
From what I hear, he is a good dude with heart and personality. What he isn't is a D-I starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom