2022 UConn Football Commit - Prince Samuels (Windsor, CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Prince Samuels (Windsor, CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You'd think the hope is to get him as close to Trevardo 2.0 as possible. A 4.6 isn't spectacular for a DE anymore, but get him a year or two in the weight room to gain explosion and let's see what he can do.
A 4.6 is fantastic for a college defensive end. The average forty time for a defensive end at the nfl scouting combine is a 4.8.

We desperately need speed off the edge on defense. He should be tried on defense first.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Welcome! Let's go!

Lets Go Ok GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

Reaction Score
The coaches will be fighting over this recruit.
LOL, this made me smile... :) Open minded, likes both sides of the ball. I'm sure Jim will break up the fight and use him at the optimum position for him and the team. :D
Mora some positive news to have a Prince in the house @ ( Rentschler Castle ) ;)
Welcome Sir Samuels, looking forward to watching you play.

Reaction Score
Great athlete with legit speed. His biggest issue will be focusing on one position. Seems to want to play them all! That's a good problem to have. Looks like we need him at DE but feels like a red zone threat as well.

Reaction Score
This converted Victor Rosa's finish time to a 4.73. I'm pretty sure Rosa is faster then that.
That is one of his 100m times. His personal best is 10.94 which translates to a 4.56 40 using the calculator. One note, you really can’t look at the calculator as precisely accurate as some athletes are quicker at the start and some have another gear as they run.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That is one of his 100m times. His personal best is 10.94 which translates to a 4.56 40 using the calculator. One note, you really can’t look at the calculator as precisely accurate as some athletes are quicker at the start and some have another gear as they run.

Actually it's runner who don't lose as much of a gear rather than have another gear.

Even the greatest sprinters of all time get progressively slower splits the last 1/3 of the 100 dash. When you see a runner pulling away at end it's because they are slowing down more gracefully than the rest of the field.

Usain%2BBolt%2B9.69%2BAnalysis.JPG

Reaction Score
40 yard dashThis is a test of speed and power. From a three-point stance, a player runs 40 yards as fast as he can. Split times are recorded at 10 and 20 yards to measure acceleration. The 10-yard time is especially important for offensive and defensive linesmen because they usually don't run further than that during a play.

Maybe JM has seen Prince's 10 yard time!
40 times don't matter for a DE unless the QB takes a REALLY deep drop or gets flushed out of the pocket.
Be quick for 10 yards and you can be a star at UConn and maybe the NFL.

Reaction Score
40 yard dashThis is a test of speed and power. From a three-point stance, a player runs 40 yards as fast as he can. Split times are recorded at 10 and 20 yards to measure acceleration. The 10-yard time is especially important for offensive and defensive linesmen because they usually don't run further than that during a play.

Maybe JM has seen Prince's 10 yard time!
40 times don't matter for a DE unless the QB takes a REALLY deep drop or gets flushed out of the pocket.
Be quick for 10 yards and you can be a star at UConn and maybe the NFL.
First 15 makes or breaks a forty. It’s all about time to acceleration to top speed.

Reaction Score
Actually it's runner who don't lose as much of a gear rather than have another gear.

Even the greatest sprinters of all time get progressively slower splits the last 1/3 of the 100 dash. When you see a runner pulling away at end it's because they are slowing down more gracefully than the rest of the field.

Usain%2BBolt%2B9.69%2BAnalysis.JPG
Michael Johnson hit his top speed at 120 meters.
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 12.15.43 PM.png

Reaction Score

-> Samuels—a 6-foot-4, 215-pound senior who plays football and basketball at Windsor High—is excited to take an in-person visit to UConn later this month to meet with first-year football coach Jim Mora. He’s excited to make his commitment official soon after by signing a National Letter of Intent to play for the Huskies during the spring signing period that begins on February 2. <-

-> “Every time I think about it I smile,” Samuels said. “It’s a blessing. I can't thank the UConn coaching staff enough for the offer and can’t thank my coaches at Windsor enough for getting me the exposure. I can't wait to get to campus. We have to come in and play with a chip on our shoulders because everyone is going to be watching us and expecting us to perform well. We have to show up and show out.” <-

->Samuels has stayed in close contact with Mora, though the two have not had an in-person meeting since their first encounter in late November. He is looking forward to meeting the rest of Mora’s coaching staff and touring the team’s facilities and the rest of the campus on his official visit. “I can already tell that (Mora) is a really good guy and a good coach,” Samuels said. “I can't wait to go on the tour. It'll be a great time. I'm really excited about seeing everything.”

Samuels isn’t sure whether he will play on offense or defense at UConn. He will leave that decision up to the coaching staff. “I like playing on both sides of the ball,” Samuels said. “They'll tell me where they want me positioned. I do like to play offense but when I think about defense, I think about how fun it is to hit and rush the quarterback and do all that stuff. So I'm up in the air right now. UConn recruited me as athlete.” <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom