2022 UConn Football Commit - Dayne Shor (Alpharetta, Georgia) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Dayne Shor (Alpharetta, Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like Mora is a good coach for helping Shor through the issues outlined in the article. Obviously much less of a spotlight and pressure at UConn than Alabama. Could be a tremendous building block for the offensive line. Mora has certainly looked everywhere to upgrade the talent. If he starts producing NFL draft picks along with the appeal of the decent independent schedule the recruiting (both HS and portal) could see a huge upgrade.

Shor is certainly different than most transfers. An early enrollee who went thru spring practice and then went into the portal. No game tape or long term experience even on a scout team. Hopefully the quality of the offers (Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, Oklahoma, ect..) is an indication of his potential.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It does not, no. It is a huge get and I hope to see the kid dominate, but it’s way too early to call our OL a point of strength. I’d be thrilled if the big boys up front prove me wrong.
I don’t see how anybody can make any predictions good or bad or in between with a program and team so different personnel wise from even last year. Those betting lines on Utah St. are pretty silly and it’s impossible to know in what direction. We sure are getting several kids who come from decent programs or were recruited originally by high level
programs.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the proximity of Herren Wellness, which is based in Massachusetts, influenced Dayne's UConn commitment. The facility was mentioned in one of the links explaining what Dayne had been going thru.
I would imagine so. Ya know, football player in sleepy Connecticut is a nice gig. He can go to school, play football, and he doesn't have this pressure. Good school. good facilities, quiet and I am imagining he can do outpatient stuff.

Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn Dayne!
He can absolutely help us out over the course of his career. OL is key to our success. But as important as doing welI I want him to be well at UConn and enjoy everything there is to offer as a student athlete. We're all in this for the long haul.

Reaction Score
Amazing that all these high level P5 recruits and transfers didn’t need convincing to come here!:D:D:D:D:D
Who said they didn't need convincing? The difference is that this staff believes it has something to sell and thus is having more success at convincing. I'm sure they've struck out many times in rebuilding the roster since last fall, but there's no question the excitement and talent levels are both up. Now let's see if they can take it to the field........

We all have demons and I don't think many adults really appreciate the pressures on this generation as they strike out into a rapidly changing nation/world in an era where everything they do is often exposed. Great job by Dayne pursuing help with his demons and I hope he turns out to be a tremendous role model on, and far more importantly, off the field.

Reaction Score
Who said they didn't need convincing? The difference is that this staff believes it has something to sell and thus is having more success at convincing. I'm sure they've struck out many times in rebuilding the roster since last fall, but there's no question the excitement and talent levels are both up. Now let's see if they can take it to the field........

We all have demons and I don't think many adults really appreciate the pressures on this generation as they strike out into a rapidly changing nation/world in an era where everything they do is often exposed. Great job by Dayne pursuing help with his demons and I hope he turns out to be a tremendous role model on, and far more importantly, off the field.
I think he was making fun of Randy Edsall

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Poking fun at the former regime

Reaction Score
At this point, what do we think our offensive line looks like for next year ? Has the offensive line become a position of strength?
Yes. Mora has built a stacked-up OL. DL looks good too!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
His commitment video is incredible.
He also writes and expresses himself extremely well. Kudos to Dayne, and a rare find in my recent experience. We may have a future author and/or cinematographer being shaped at UConn, with him shaping defenses along the way.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, I kinda remembered something beyond the UM game, but that fumble at the goal line was a killer for that game. I don't blame RE for Shumate. Kid had his chance and blew it but we also know once in the RE doghouse you aren't getting out.

My bigger point between the USC, U of Miami and Notre Dame transfers is each of them was highly recruited out of HS and had tons of good offers before going to marquee programs. They transferred and it wasn't just because they were talented but buried on the depth chart. They showed that even at a school playing at UConn's level (and opponents level) that they weren't high level, high impact D1 players.
Zach Fraser started for us. He got us to let's see, the Fiesta Bowl. I would count that as impact. He also threw the ball that Kashif Moore caught 1 handed against South Carolina which we won as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Zach Fraser started for us. He got us to let's see, the Fiesta Bowl. I would count that as impact. He also threw the ball that Kashif Moore caught 1 handed against South Carolina which we won as well.

Forgot about Zach. I was thinking of the LB who transferred a few years ago.

Reaction Score
WE WANT THE SMOKE!!

Welcome Dayne. Let’s get to work!!

1654574346799.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads