2022 UConn Football Commit - Dayne Shor (Alpharetta, Georgia) | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Dayne Shor (Alpharetta, Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In interesting article on some of his struggles and why he entered the transfer portal. Great that the young man is able get help dealing with problems that too many of us push aside for years.
one more reason to root for Dayne.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In interesting article on some of his struggles and why he entered the transfer portal. Great that the young man is able get help dealing with problems that too many of us push aside for years.
one more reason to root for Dayne.

Pretty amazing story...sounds like a great kid. Looking forward to seeing him on the field!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have we ever had a transfer or commit with a more impressive list of Offers? Wow.

The ones of the top of my head would include the RB who transferred from USC and famously fumbled at the Big House forever putting him in RE's dog house, the grad transfer RB a few years ago from the U or the kid who transferred from Notre Dame. The fact that I don't remember any of their names off the top of my head is an indicator of the impact they had on the field at UConn.

Biggest thing with this kid besides his size is the four years of eligibility remaining.

Reaction Score
At this point, what do we think our offensive line looks like for next year ? Has the offensive line become a position of strength?
It does not, no. It is a huge get and I hope to see the kid dominate, but it’s way too early to call our OL a point of strength. I’d be thrilled if the big boys up front prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
The ones of the top of my head would include the RB who transferred from USC and famously fumbled at the Big House forever putting him in RE's dog house, the grad transfer RB a few years ago from the U or the kid who transferred from Notre Dame. The fact that I don't remember any of their names off the top of my head is an indicator of the impact they had on the field at UConn.

Biggest thing with this kid besides his size is the four years of eligibility remaining.

Shumate was the transfer from USC. And I know we’re supposed to blame Edsall for everything, but two or three weeks after the fumble in the big house he got the start at home against Vandy when Todman was out and Robbie Frey was banged up. He fumbled again, was generally ineffective and Frey came in for the second half and was much better. And then he was relegated to special teams permanently.

But that’s a great signing, and hopefully the young man becomes a multi-year impact starter for us. Whether it’s this year or not, who knows.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Shumate with the transfer from USC. And I know we’re supposed to blame Edsall for everything, but two or three weeks after the fumble in the big house he got the start at home against Vandy when Todman was out and Robbie Frey was banged up. He fumbled again, was generally ineffective and Frey came in for the second half and was much better. And then he was relegated to special teams permanently.

But that’s a great signing, and hopefully the young man becomes a multi-year impact starter for us. Whether it’s this year or not, who knows.

Yeah, I kinda remembered something beyond the UM game, but that fumble at the goal line was a killer for that game. I don't blame RE for Shumate. Kid had his chance and blew it but we also know once in the RE doghouse you aren't getting out.

My bigger point between the USC, U of Miami and Notre Dame transfers is each of them was highly recruited out of HS and had tons of good offers before going to marquee programs. They transferred and it wasn't just because they were talented but buried on the depth chart. They showed that even at a school playing at UConn's level (and opponents level) that they weren't high level, high impact D1 players.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I kinda remembered something beyond the UM game, but that fumble at the goal line was a killer for that game. I don't blame RE for Shumate. Kid had his chance and blew it but we also know once in the RE doghouse you aren't getting out.

My bigger point between the USC, U of Miami and Notre Dame transfers is each of them was highly recruited out of HS and had tons of good offers before going to marquee programs. They transferred and it wasn't just because they were talented but buried on the depth chart. They showed that even at a school playing at UConn's level (and opponents level) that they weren't high level, high impact D1 players.
Zach Frazier (Notre Dame started multiple games and the BCS bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom