Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
29DAE4E6-7681-480F-88A0-5FC479F22E73.jpeg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you survive a high rise collapsing around you and your family, getting six outs in front of a hostile crowd can’t be that nerve wracking.

I said before the regional that we didn’t really know how good we were because of the great season against a week computer schedule. Now we know. Whoever and wherever we play next week, we’re not going there thinking we’ve already accomplished our goal.
I just want to see us play in a ball park with a full sized outfield. I have my suspicions that seeing the too close center field wall caused our batter's to over swing a bit too often.

Reaction Score
I just want to see us play in a ball park with a full sized outfield. I have my suspicions that seeing the too close center field wall caused our batter's to over swing a bit too often.
Klein Field (Stanford) is 335 down the lines and 400 to center. Bobcat Park (Texas State) is 330 down the lines and 404 to center. So very similar to Elliot Ballpark (330 and 400) and definitely bigger than Maryland which was 325 and 385

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I honestly don't like baseball but watched the whole game. It's big for the university. Did some research and realized we have been to the CWS five times prior. However, the last visit was in 1979 before the advent of super regionals. It is time to go back.

Reaction Score
I love college baseball more than most. Have watched nearly 20 champions crowned in Omaha over the years. This weekend has been insane all over the country in terms of high drama, competitive and fun baseball. So glad to have a Big East squad with a chance to punch their ticket to Omaha next weekend. Rooting hard for the Huskies and hope to see the Hook C in Omaha in two weeks.

Reaction Score
As a high school umpire for over 35 years, I can unequivocally say that was an easy call to make, and the correct call. The box on the first base line that starts at 45 feet is the runners lane. The runner must have a least on foot on the foul line to be considered in that lane. The Maryland batter/runner clearly had both feet inside the foul line in fair territory and that altered the throw to the first baseman. The fact that the batter/runner collided with the first baseman has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is where the feet of the batter/runner are in running up the line. Dead ball, batter/runner out, all runners return. Easy call. The announcers sounded like they had absolutely no clue about this rule. The color commentator actually said, "I don't understand it". SMH. Plus, I think they missed it, but I believe Alleyne, the Maryland bater/runner was ejected by the home plate umpire.
Plus the collision occurred because the bar runner was so far inside fair territory.

First basemen was expecting the throwing to the inside and tried to hang in as long as he could. The collision occurred at the last sec as the first basemen tried to cross into foul territory to avoid the runner who was inside of the runner's lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom