2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 82 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Warners getting screen time on the LSU-K State game today because of their son who is a wide receiver grad student.

Reaction Score
A lot of offers on the table. I have a hunch we will be transitioning a bit from evaluation to closing the deal on some players that we expect to upgrade the depth chart early. Love the focus on OL and I'd sell that to the skill position guys still making up their minds. Bring a couple more in then close the deal with the RB's, QB's etc.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Dre Butler is a 6-5 280lb DL from Covington Georgia attending Auburn University. Other offers from Colorado, EKU, FAU, Liberty, Marshall and WKU. (Transfer Portal)

If I am not mistaken, Stephon Castle is from his hometown of Covington. Couple of years older, but might have some connections to each other.

Reaction Score

Tapuvae “Snoop” Amaama is a 6-5 330lb OL from Skyridge High School in Lehi, Utah. Other offers from Akron, BYU, CMU, Colorado State, FAU, Grambling, Hawaii, Liberty, Jackson State, Miami (FL), Morgan State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Syracuse, Texas State and UVA.

Highlights

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the 2022 team take the field, but it's pretty obvious we've never had a staff with a recruiting game plan like Mora has. I'm still reminding myself "this is year 0 now", but the upgrade at the QB spot (plus keeping our 2 best QBs on roster) seems to be a great sign of things to come.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the 2022 team take the field, but it's pretty obvious we've never had a staff with a recruiting game plan like Mora has. I'm still reminding myself "this is year 0 now", but the upgrade at the QB spot (plus keeping our 2 best QBs on roster) seems to be a great sign of things to come.

It should be obvious. Randy was involved with every offer, every recruitment, our sales pitch. Now, you see Shearer chasing the long snapper; Sammis out turning over OLine rocks; Hilliard chasing speed DBs from places we've never been; and John Allen straightline recruiting Hicks & Fitzgerald within a week of being on board. Just the difference in weeks.

Reaction Score
Prince Samuels committed? Sounds like it

I had popped up a thread on the main board. If it didn’t come direct from Samuels I wouldn’t have.

->This already has been a busy week for Samuels. He was on the court Tuesday at Wethersfield as Windsor rolled 107-58. Earlier in the day, Samuels, a two-way threat on the field, was named to the 89th New Haven Register All-State football first team as a defensive end.

And now here he was discussing his college plans.

“I’ve decided to accept the offer,” Samuels said.

To go to UConn?

“Yes,” he said.

Samuels still has to make an official visit to Storrs later this month, so let's call this something just short of an official commitment.

Samuels was in his first class of the morning in late November when his teacher answered the phone and asked him to report to the school’s main office.

“It definitely surprised me,” Samuels said.

Thoughts obviously run through a young man’s head. He was a little worried. Was it good? Was it bad?

It was new UConn football coach Jim Mora.

“I wasn’t expecting to see him during my school day,” Samuels said. “It was the first time I had ever spoken to him.”

Had you been in contact with UConn?

“No,” Samuels said.

The two spoke, they spoke a little more and, dang, if Mora didn’t make a scholarship offer right there. Mora clearly has put more focus on in-state talent, both prep and CIAC. Victor Rosa, Clingan’s point guard at Bristol Central, who had committed to UConn under former coach Randy Edsall; Brady Wayburn, Denzel Mountali and Derek Spearman from Loomis Chaffee and Ben Murawski from St. Thomas More signed in December. Mora also has extended an offer to Norwalk’s Cam Edwards. The second signing period begins in February.

Samuels had 14 sacks, four forced fumbles and more than 70 tackles in Windsor’s run that finally ended Dec. 12 with a Class L finals loss to Maloney. As a receiver, he also had six touchdown catches, including two in the stunning come-from-behind upset of St. Joseph in the state semis.

“It was a major upset — not for us of course,” Samuels said. “We got to the ‘ship, so we’re pretty proud of ourselves for that. We do wish we came out on top. It happens.”

So do you want to play offense or defense in college?

“That’s a tough question,” said Samuels, who said he had some consideration from Syracuse, Illinois and Iowa. “I like to be on both sides of the ball. (UConn) recruited me as athlete.” <-

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Who Are Our Coaches Following 5.0 (Lots in the last two days)

News and Notes
  • Jmariyae Robinson has no follows because I forgot to stop following Coach Smith from the HCRE staff sorry
  • OL John Paul Flores received offers from Arkansas St and picked up his 11th follow from the staff.
  • OL Issac Owusu-Appiah received offers from Rice and Arkansas St
  • OL Derek Ferraro received offers from New Mexico St, Delaware, Western Michigan
  • OL TreMond Shorts lost a follow from Charlton
  • DL/TE Jayson “Jenks” Jenkins received offers from Tennessee
  • New offer to DL Dre Butler (Transfer Auburn) other recent offers Colorado, FAU, Liberty, WKU, and Marshall
  • ATH Jalen Sanchez has received an offer from Villanova
  • DL Dre Butler picked up Mora and 2 other follows on the staff HE also picked up offers from Tulsa and Jacksonville State
  • QB Treyson Bourguet picked up a follow from Zyskowski
  • RB/DB Camryn Edwards picked up two more taff follows
  • DL Malik Hamm received an offer from North Texas
  • New offers OL Amaama and OL Barboza, picked up Mora follow along with others on the staff
Commits Not Officially Signed
  1. Nigel Fitzgerald (WR) > Old Dominion University (Transfer Portal)
  2. Cale Millen (QB) > Northern Arizona University (Transfer Portal
  3. Taquan Roberson (QB) > Penn State University (Transfer Portal)
Mora + others
  1. John Paul Flores (OL) > Dartmouth College (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, Hilliard***, Shearer, Allen, and Zyskowski)
  2. Jurreinte JD Davis > Middle Tenneessee St. (Mora, McClendon, Petrarca, Diabate, Charlton, Allen, and Zyskowski
  3. Isiah Davis (DB) > Creekside HS, GA (Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Pehrson, Hilliard, and Zyskowski)
  4. Camryn Edwards (RB/DB) > Norwalk HS, CT (Mora, Charlton, Hilliard, Pehrson*, Sammis*, and Zyskowski)
  5. Tapuvae “Snoop” Amaama (OL) - Skyridge High School, Lehi, Utah (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Hilliard)
  6. JD DiRenzo (OL) >Sacred Heart University (Mora, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, Barthel, Zyskowski)
  7. Tre'Mond Shorts (OL) > Eastern Tennessee St. (Transfer Portal) (Mora, Petrarca, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski)
  8. Zion Turner (QB) > St Thomas Aquinas School, FL (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton. Hilliard, and Zyskowski)
  9. Michael Vice (TE) > Samford University (Transfer Portal) (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Hilliard, and Zyskowski)
  10. Lee Molette III (DB/WR) > Ravenwood HS, TN (Mora, Petrarca, Hilliard, Zyskowski, and Pehrson)
  11. Mac Hollensteiner (OL)>Georgetown University (Mora, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski)
  12. Isaac Owusu-Appiah (OL) >Coastal Carolina (Mora, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski)
  13. Treyson Bourguet (QB) > Salpointe Catholic HS, AZ (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, and Zyskowski***)
  14. Tres Barboza (OL) >University of Texas- El Paso (mora, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski)
  15. Steven Stilianos (TE) > Lafayette College (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, and Sammis)
  16. Malik Hamm (DL) > Lafayette College (Mora, Spanos Barthel, and Zyskowski)
  17. Evan Deckers (LS) > UMass (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Barthel, Shearer, and Zyskowski)
  18. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) > Brophy College Prep, AZ (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, and Zyskowski)
  19. Dre Butler (DL) -> Auburn University (Mora*, McClendon, Charlton*, and Zyskowski***)
  20. Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal (WR/TE/LB/DE) > Taft School CT, (Mora, Petrarca, and Zyskowski)
  21. Derek Ferraro (OL) > Rice University (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Charlton, and Zyskowski)
Assistant Coaches Only
  1. Jeremiah McGill (DB) > Chaminade-Madonna Prep, FL (McClendon, Barthel, Spanos, Hilliard, and Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  2. Tommy Zozus (LS) > FIU (McClendon, Petrarca, Pehrson, Shearer, and Zyskowski)
  3. Kareem “KJ” Burke (WR) > Raines HS, FL (Spanos, Petrarca, Hilliard, and Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  4. Deyavie Hammond (OL) > Independence Community College (JUCO ) (Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski)
  5. Jayson Jenkins (DL/TE) > Notre Dame HS, NJ (Charlton, Barthel, Spanos, and Zyskowski)
  6. Reggie Jean (DL) > Foundation Academy, FL (Spanos, McClendon, Petrarca, and Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  7. Justice Ugo (DB) > Blinn Junior College, TX. (Pehrson, Hilliard, and Zyskwoski)
  8. Alex Bauman (TE/DL) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank NJ (Barthel, and Zyskowski)
  9. Prince Samuels (DE) > Windsor High School, Windsor CT (Spanos, Zyskowski)
  10. Da’Quan Gonzalez (DB) > Loomis Chaffee School, CT (Hilliard and Zyskowski)
  11. Jake Delfino (OL) > Trumbull HS, (PWO Offer) (Sammis and Zyskowski)
  12. Avery Powell (DB) > St Peter’s Prep, NJ (Hilliard and Zyskowski)
  13. Zions Cheeks (LB) - Penns Grove High School, Carneys Point New Jersey (Spanos and Zyskowski)
  14. Ja’Shon Little (OL) > Danbury High School, Danbury CT (Charlton, and Zyskowski)
  15. Jaden Blue (WR) > Temple University (Grad Transfer) (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  16. Jared Verse (DL) > University of Albany (Transfer Portal) (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  17. Brad Harris (OL) > St. Joseph Prep, Philadelphia PA (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  18. Terrell Jones (DE/LB) > Hoover High School, AL (McClendon and Hilliard)
  19. Marquise Allsup (DB/ATH) > St Vincent Pallotti High School, Laurel Maryland (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  20. Kayne Udoh (RB) > St. Augustine Prep, Richland New Jersey (Spanos and Zyskowski)
  21. Logan Bernesser (DL/OL/TE) > Shaler Area HS, PA (Spanos and Sammis)
  22. Kareem Lewis (DB/ATH) - Roman Catholic HS, PA (Spanos and Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  23. Kha’lil Eason (RB/WR/ATH) > Brunswick School, Greenwich CT (Barthel)
  24. George Steele (DB) > Jacksonville State (Transfer Portal) (Petrarca)
  25. Tajae Broadie (DL) > Middletown Area High School, Middletown PA (Zyskowski)
  26. Breven Stubbs (DB/ATH) - > Fort Hilliard High School, Cumberland MD (Zyskowski)
  27. Isaiah Broadway (APB) > Lancaster High School< Lancaster TX (Zyskowski)
  28. Jaylan Sanchez (Athlete) > St Peter’s Prep, Jersey City NJ (Zyskowski)
  29. Keaton Thomas (WR) > Ponte Vedra High School, Ponte Vedra Beach FL (Zyskowski)
  30. Segree Graham (DL) > Bartram Trail High School, St. John FL (Zyskowski)
Official Visit/ Offer???
  1. Kezerrian Wash (DB)> Newton, MS (Mora and Hilliard)
No Follows
  1. Elijah Adams (LB/ATH) >ASA Miami (JUCO)
  2. Josh McCarter (TE) > Cedar Hilliard High School, Cedar Hilliard Texas
  3. Omari Murdock (WR) > Allen High School, Allen Texas
  4. Jmariyae Robinson (WR) > Cocoa High School, Cocoa FL
  5. Conor O’Neil (QB/ATH/DB) > Bronxville High School, Bronxville New York (PWO)
  6. Hunter Clark (LB/RB) > Brunswick School, Greenwich CT (PWO)
  7. RJ Maryland (TE/WR) - > Southlake Carroll HS

Reaction Score
Linebacker coach Diabate has no follows to any of the recruits.
Is he still on the staff?

Reaction Score
I had popped up a thread on the main board. If it didn’t come direct from Samuels I wouldn’t have.

->This already has been a busy week for Samuels. He was on the court Tuesday at Wethersfield as Windsor rolled 107-58. Earlier in the day, Samuels, a two-way threat on the field, was named to the 89th New Haven Register All-State football first team as a defensive end.

And now here he was discussing his college plans.

“I’ve decided to accept the offer,” Samuels said.

To go to UConn?

“Yes,” he said.

Samuels still has to make an official visit to Storrs later this month, so let's call this something just short of an official commitment.

Samuels was in his first class of the morning in late November when his teacher answered the phone and asked him to report to the school’s main office.

“It definitely surprised me,” Samuels said.

Thoughts obviously run through a young man’s head. He was a little worried. Was it good? Was it bad?

It was new UConn football coach Jim Mora.

“I wasn’t expecting to see him during my school day,” Samuels said. “It was the first time I had ever spoken to him.”

Had you been in contact with UConn?

“No,” Samuels said.

The two spoke, they spoke a little more and, dang, if Mora didn’t make a scholarship offer right there. Mora clearly has put more focus on in-state talent, both prep and CIAC. Victor Rosa, Clingan’s point guard at Bristol Central, who had committed to UConn under former coach Randy Edsall; Brady Wayburn, Denzel Mountali and Derek Spearman from Loomis Chaffee and Ben Murawski from St. Thomas More signed in December. Mora also has extended an offer to Norwalk’s Cam Edwards. The second signing period begins in February.

Samuels had 14 sacks, four forced fumbles and more than 70 tackles in Windsor’s run that finally ended Dec. 12 with a Class L finals loss to Maloney. As a receiver, he also had six touchdown catches, including two in the stunning come-from-behind upset of St. Joseph in the state semis.

“It was a major upset — not for us of course,” Samuels said. “We got to the ‘ship, so we’re pretty proud of ourselves for that. We do wish we came out on top. It happens.”

So do you want to play offense or defense in college?

“That’s a tough question,” said Samuels, who said he had some consideration from Syracuse, Illinois and Iowa. “I like to be on both sides of the ball. (UConn) recruited me as athlete.” <-

Way back a decade ago ... we had a load of these. Kid told the coaching staff; but no twitter and no promotion. I suspect there are still a few kids that are toeing this path. Who needs the twitter machine. You know you are committed and your path is set. Control this with family, hs and friends. We may still have another one hanging - that Danbury OT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom