2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 80 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score

JD DiRenzo is a 6-6 315lb OL from Hammonton, New Jersey attending Sacred Heart University (Grad Transfer). Since entering the Transfer Portal a little less than 24 hours ago, he has received other offers from Ball State, Buffalo, FIU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Purdue, SMU, Syracuse, Temple, Texas Tech, Toledo, Washington State and WVA.

Highlights

(No offers coming out of high school)

-> "After the fall season, I was planning on declaring for the NFL draft," DiRenzo explained. "I talked with some agents and scouts. They told me that due to how crowded the draft was going to be this year that it would be better for me to move up and face competition on the FBS level to improve my draft stock. That is what I am trying to do with my last year."

While several schools want him, DiRenzo is working through what he wants in his next opportunity. With a growing list of options, the talented tackle is working through his own agenda to find the right fit.

"The first thing for me is to find a situation where I can be a plug and play starter," DiRenzo said. "I want to help win games right away. I want to improve as a player, so I want to go somewhere that I can get better. No one is every really good enough. You can always improve. I am not sure you ever fully reach your potential. You just have to work to get better. I want to be able to showcase my abilities against good competition and get looked at that way." <-

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
-> "After the fall season, I was planning on declaring for the NFL draft," DiRenzo explained. "I talked with some agents and scouts. They told me that due to how crowded the draft was going to be this year that it would be better for me to move up and face competition on the FBS level to improve my draft stock. That is what I am trying to do with my last year."

While several schools want him, DiRenzo is working through what he wants in his next opportunity. With a growing list of options, the talented tackle is working through his own agenda to find the right fit.

"The first thing for me is to find a situation where I can be a plug and play starter," DiRenzo said. "I want to help win games right away. I want to improve as a player, so I want to go somewhere that I can get better. No one is every really good enough. You can always improve. I am not sure you ever fully reach your potential. You just have to work to get better. I want to be able to showcase my abilities against good competition and get looked at that way." <-
Well I know a place where there is a wide open job opportunity for left tackle…. Right tackle too.

Reaction Score

Situation like this, I always think may be the kid has a GF at SHU he doesn't want to go to far away from. His offers piled up fast that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I think he just likes the new graphics sometimes… not as predictable
:D

Reaction Score
I think he just likes the new graphics sometimes… not as predictable
:D

I think the the #HUSKYREVOULTION ones
Maybe sweating up a new motto but the others seemed to possibly look like he got bat signal with some of his retweets and Hillard’s post that seems to be a commitment post

Reaction Score
Mora has followed Rice transfer Derek Ferraro ( 6’6, 315, offered 12/1 and has family connections to the UConn football), UNH RB Carlos Washington JR. ( has visited and has like the some of Mora recent tweets), and Northwestern transfer Brandon Joseph ( followed also by Pearson, Hillard , the new defensive GA, and Luke Carrezola).

Reaction Score
Mora has followed Rice transfer Derek Ferraro ( 6’6, 315, offered 12/1 and has family connections to the UConn football),

Derek Ferraro is a 6-6 315lb OL from Iona Prep New Rochelle NY>Rice University (Grad Transfer). Other current offer from Samford and Stony Brook.

Ferraro’s Dad & Grandfather both played for UConn.

Ferraro’s current offers are: Houston Baptist, Jackson State, Maine, New Hampshire, Northern Colorado, Montana, Samford, Southeastern Louisiana, Richmond, Stony Brook, Toledo & William&Mary.

Reaction Score
Ferraro’s current offers are: Houston Baptist, Jackson State, Maine, New Hampshire, Northern Colorado, Montana, Samford, Southeastern Louisiana, Richmond, Stony Brook, Toledo & William&Mary.
I found it interesting that he had recently followed two transfers that already talked about

Reaction Score
I count 8 Connecticut kids and 8 Massachusetts kids on the Michigan Wolverine roster. Directly attributable to Don Brown - who's been gone 2 years. Yes, they are upperclassmen now. Many Prep connections. Hmmm

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Who Are Our Coaches Following 4.0 (since 12/25) Happy New Years Everyone!
  • Big move this week for Derek Ferraro, getting the follow from Coach Mora @Alum1620
  • DB/WR Lee Mollette III picked up a follow from Pehrson.
  • Jurreninte Davis has us in the final 5 with Coastal Carolina, Jackson St, Memphis, and Arkansas St.
  • Zion Turner picked up an offer from Temple Univ.
  • Malik Hamm picked up offers from Bowling Green, Western Kentucky, and James Madison
  • Evan Deckers picked up offers from Duke and ECU
  • EJ Warner picked up an offer from Temple Univ.
  • OL Tre'Mond Shorts lost a follow from Charlton
  • De-commit Jeremiah McGill picked up 4 follows from the coaching staff
  • OL target Deyavie Hammond and DL/TE Jenkins picked up two.
  • Jason "Jenk" Jenkins picks up offer from UVA
  • Non-followed Kobe Perry decided to transfer to UCF.
*** means new follows.

Commits Not Officially Signed
  1. Nigel Fitzgerald (WR) > Old Dominion University (Transfer Portal)
  2. Cale Millen (QB) > Northern Arizona University (Transfer Portal
  3. Taquan Roberson (QB) > Penn State University (Transfer Portal)
Mora + others
  1. John Paul Flores (OL) > Dartmouth College (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, Shearer, Allen, and Zyskowski)
  2. Jurreinte JD Davis > Middle Tenneessee St. (Mora, McClendon, Petrarca, Diabate, Charlton, Allen, and Zyskowski)
  3. Isiah Davis (DB) > Creekside HS, GA (Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Smith, Pehrson, Hill and Zyskowski)
  4. Tre'Mond Shorts (OL) > Eastern Tennessee St. (Transfer Portal) (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski)
  5. Zion Turner (QB) > St Thomas Aquinas School, FL (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton. Hill, and Zyskowski)
  6. Michael Vice (TE) > Samford University (Transfer Portal) (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Hill, and Zyskowski)
  7. Lee Molette III (DB/WR) > Ravenwood HS, TN (Mora, Petrarca, Hill, Zyskowski, and Pehrson***)
  8. Steven Stilianos (TE) > Lafayette College (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, and Sammis)
  9. Malik Hamm (DL) > Lafayette College (Mora, Spanos Barthel, and Zyskowski)
  10. Treyson Bourguet (QB) > Salpointe Catholic HS, AZ (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson)
  11. Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal (WR/TE/LB/DE) > Taft School CT, (Mora, Petrarca, Smith, and Zyskowski)
  12. Evan Deckers (LS) > UMass (Grad Transfer) (Mora, Barthel, Shearer, and Zyskowski)
  13. Camryn Edwards (RB/DB) > Norwalk HS, CT (Mora, Charlton, Hill, and Zyskowski)
  14. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) > Brophy College Prep, AZ (Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, and Zyskowski)
  15. Derek Ferraro (OL) > Rice University (Grad Transfer) (Mora***, Smith, Charlton, and Zyskowski) ***Moved Up
Assistant Coaches Only
  1. Jeremiah McGill (DB) > Chaminade-Madonna Prep, FL (McClendon, Barthel, Spanos*, Smith*, Hill*, Zyskoski*) (Decommit)
  2. Deyavie Hammond (OL) > Independence Community College (JUCO ) (Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis*, and Zyskowski*)
  3. Jayson Jenkins (DL/TE) > Notre Dame HS, NJ (Charlton, Barthel, Spanos*, and Zyskowski*)
  4. Kareem “KJ” Burke (WR) > Raines HS, FL (Spanos, Petrarca, Smith, Hill, and Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  5. Reggie Jean (DL) > Foundation Academy, FL (Spanos, McClendon, Petrarca, Smith, Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  6. Logan Bernesser (DL/OL/TE) > Shaler Area HS, PA (Spanos, Smith, and Sammis)
  7. Kareem Lewis (DB/ATH) - Roman Catholic HS, PA (Spanos, Smith, and Zyskowski) (Decommit)
  8. Justice Ugo (DB) > Blinn Junior College, TX. (Pehrson, Hill, and Zyskwoski)
  9. Alex Bauman (TE/DL) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank NJ (Smith, Barthel, and Zyskowski)
  10. Da’Quan Gonzalez (DB) > Loomis Chaffee School, CT (Hill and Zyskowski)
  11. Jake Delfino (OL) > Trumbull HS, (PWO Offer) (Sammis and Zyskowski)
  12. Avery Powell (DB) > St Peter’s Prep, NJ (Hill and Zyskowski)
  13. Jaylan Sanchez (Athlete) > St Peter’s Prep, Jersey City NJ (Smith and Zyskowski)
  14. Zions Cheeks (LB) - Penns Grove High School, Carneys Point New Jersey (Spanos and Zyskowski)
  15. Keaton Thomas (WR) > Ponte Vedra High School, Ponte Vedra Beach FL (Smith and Zyskowski)
  16. Kayne Udoh (RB) > St. Augustine Prep, Richland New Jersey (Spanos and Zyskowski)
  17. Ja’Shon Little (OL) > Danbury High School, Danbury CT (Spanos, Charlton, and Zyskowski)
  18. Prince Samuels (DE) > Windsor High School, Windsor CT (Charlton and Zyskowski)
  19. Jaden Blue (WR) > Temple University (Grad Transfer) (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  20. Jared Verse (DL) > University of Albany (Transfer Portal) (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  21. Brad Harris (OL) > St. Joseph Prep, Philadelphia PA (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  22. Terrell Jones (DE/LB) > Hoover High School, AL (McClendon and Hill)
  23. Marquise Allsup (DB/ATH) > St Vincent Pallotti High School, Laurel Maryland (Barthel and Zyskowski)
  24. Kha’lil Eason (RB/WR/ATH) > Brunswick School, Greenwich CT (Barthel)
  25. Jmariyae Robinson (WR) > Cocoa High School, Cocoa FL (Smith)
  26. George Steele (DB) > Jacksonville State (Transfer Portal) (Petrarca)
  27. Tajae Broadie (DL) > Middletown Area High School, Middletown PA (Zyskowski)
  28. Breven Stubbs (DB/ATH) - > Fort Hill High School, Cumberland MD (Zyskowski)
  29. Isaiah Broadway (APB) > Lancaster High School< Lancaster TX (Zyskowski)
No Follows
  1. Segree Graham (DL) > Bartram Trail High School, St. John FL
  2. Josh McCarter (TE) > Cedar Hill High School, Cedar Hill Texas
  3. Omari Murdock (WR) > Allen High School, Allen Texas
  4. Conor O’Neil (QB/ATH/DB) > Bronxville High School, Bronxville New York (PWO)
  5. Hunter Clark (LB/RB) > Brunswick School, Greenwich CT (PWO)
  6. RJ Maryland (TE/WR) - > Southlake Carroll HS
Committed Elsewhere
  1. Koby Perry (DB) > Austin Peay University (Grad Transfer) Central Florida

Reaction Score
No public offer out there yet, but one guy I have been looking at is Ty Wise 6'2'' 226lb Indiana LB who entered the portal on 12/13. Wise redshirted 2020 and played on special teams in 2021. He has Mora, Diabate, Zyskowski, Roundtree and Carrezola following and he has given back follows to the same plus new coach Doug Shearer. HUDL tape suggests he would be a solid OLB that perhaps could be coached into an MLB.

Committed to Miami University tonight

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Committed to Miami University tonight

Would love to play at a Miami in the future. Beautiful campus and good mid major team. Also let my wife there so…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom