2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 69 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I get what you are saying but KJ just tweeted this out. If he wasn't seriously considering us and just doing his friend a favor then I would be more concerned.

Sorry guys... I might have jinxed us on this one. I swear his tweet was up a few minutes ago showing his buddy on defense and asking Coach Mora to take a look at him.

Reaction Score
Medic, I know you still have them listed as commits. Question, what's the odds that Timothy Passmore or D'Mon Brinson sign this week or are even still committed? Both were Edsall commits way back after June visits, but neither has much on their twitter account though Passmore still has a Uconn commit & tweet from June on his. And the only thing I've seen about Uconn in months from Brinson is him retweeting McGill decommiting and I don't think I ever saw a tweet confirming Uconn. Anyone read recent info on these 2 ?
The simple reason I have them still listed as commits is I haven’t seen anything to the contrary. Wouldn’t surprise me either way though come Friday.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The simple reason I have them still listed as commits is I haven’t seen anything to the contrary. Wouldn’t surprise me either way though come Friday.
There are always signing day surprises (as you know better than anyone)!! At least, that has been the case in the past.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys... I might have jinxed us on this one. I swear his tweet was up a few minutes ago showing his buddy on defense and asking Coach Mora to take a look at him.
Yeah I agree. I think Burke ends up signing w UConn and if that’s the case imo we burned too many scholly on a loaded wr room

Reaction Score
Also trying not to overload the roster with incoming freshmen. A mix of high school commits and filling holes with JUCOs and portal players will balance out scholarship spots available in ensuing years. Lots of chess pieces being moved around with positional needs and years of eligibility. This is all being done with an expectation of talent improvements for high school recruiting in 2023 and beyond.
^^^ This. It appears the roster has been updated on the UConn football site. I did a quick check of scholarship players, and I could be slightly off with FR and SO, but the breakdown looks like this:

Grads: 1
SR: 4
RJr: 9
JR: 4
RSo: 11
SO: 21
RFr: 15

I’m sure Mora is looking at this and wants to add a number of kids with 1 or 2 years of eligibility left both to gain more experience and to balance the roster as only 5 kids are slated to have used up their eligibility next year. And I would think he wants to bring in at least 20 in 2023.

Reaction Score
Isn't signing day Wednesday 12/15?

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree. I think Burke ends up signing w UConn and if that’s the case imo we burned too many scholly on a loaded wr room

and you are an expert and have knowledge about this ... from what source? feel? Quija board?

We have been uber successful getting speed playmakers from Florida. Both Edsall (after a pursuit) and Mora vetted him. What praytell gives anyone here confidence that you have superior evaluative skills?

Reaction Score
Looking at other schools recruiting it appears many had about 20 recruits prior to the beginning of the season. But yes some seem like easy commits. Hope for surprises and late bloomers.

Reaction Score
and you are an expert and have knowledge about this ... from what source? feel? Quija board?

We have been uber successful getting speed playmakers from Florida. Both Edsall (after a pursuit) and Mora vetted him. What praytell gives anyone here confidence that you have superior evaluative skills?
not discussing about Burke specifically. I think Burke would be a terrific signing probably the most talented of the group. I meant more broadly.. didn’t think we would sign 3-4 starting caliber WRs when there are 3-4 starters already on the team. Really appreciate the humor though.

Reaction Score
With Donovan Branch recommitting maybe he’ll bring back teammate Reggie Jean.

Reaction Score
you are reading too much into it

WE have several 230-240 kids coming as well. With Nigel ... and now Joly, we are now bringing in kids we haven't in a decade; that most every other major FBS program has. 6-4 6-5 225 Wideouts. Useful in many ways
They tried filling that role. Diaco brought in Frank Battle and Aaron McClean. Edsall tried Tyler Davis and Donavon William's. Now have Jefferys and Clercius if you consider him as a big reciever.

Reaction Score
Semi OT but thought that I'd throw it on this thread: Yesterday was listening to Sirius-XM while driving & heard a discussion on the Childers-Neuheisel show with a "recruiting expert". The guest stated that the transfer portal has been a boon to recruiting to the detriment of players in the juco ranks. Neuheisal reaffirmed that thought with the comment that the portal IS the new juco method of recruiting players.
After listening to this discussion for a few minutes, my only thought is if most schools aren't mining the juco ranks for players, I'm VERY happy that Coach Mora is so active offering juco players. There is talent out there to be had.

Reaction Score
They tried filling that role. Diaco brought in Frank Battle and Aaron McClean. Edsall tried Tyler Davis and Donavon William's. Now have Jefferys and Clercius if you consider him as a big reciever.

very good response

Yes. We have tried to fill this role - over and over. I like Clercius: he has made some really tough catches at key moments of games. He should be targeted more going forward.

Both Tyler Davis + Donovan Williams were more used as TE/WR hybrid. (and David seemingly thrived to the point of NFL) They both blocked a lot - and maybe there's one thing to credit Diaco. Frank Battle made no impression. Aaron McLean was productive and I thought had a decent career; though I thought another guy unutilized.

Jefferys? OK. I think he has dropped most things I've seen thrown to him and not many catches. He still has eligibility.

I hope Davenport - and maybe July immediately - fits in with Ross - Drayton - Marion. Clercius. Turner. Unlike 2021, I think that gives you about 4 different type of guys. Plus a decent TE makes for a more diverse Pass game. QB of course needs to accurate etc etc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom