2022 Giants Thread | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I thought I would get 2022 off to a great start with the question how does an NFL quarterback end up with a 5 QBR?
I didn't see that. Are you serious? You shouldn't see any of the QB's coming back. Except Danny. He wasn't bad. He was getting better and brings some value to the table.

Reaction Score
Here’s a question: if you put BOTH NY football teams together, could you field a competitive NFL squad?? Discuss

Reaction Score
Really sucks the Jets blew it. The new GM could have had the 4th pick of the draft for the Gmen

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Seriously here is what I think. Gettleman is gone, Judge stays but get a real offensive coordinator. Jones gets another year (unless the neck injury is really bad). Barkley stays (even though I am tired of his "promise"). Engram and Shepard are gone but the other WRs are staying. Matt Peart (too bad) is gone. Solder is gone, but they will keep the rest of the O line. I don't know what to say about the D though. They have so little offense and you can't fix major holes in both.

Reaction Score
I agree with what you say will happen but what SHOULD happen is they hire a GM from outside the organization who would just clean house.
But the owner is a complete disaster and likely won’t

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I didn't see that. Are you serious? You shouldn't see any of the QB's coming back. Except Danny. He wasn't bad. He was getting better and brings some value to the table.
4 for 11 for 24 yds, 2 INTs, 4 fumbles sacked four times for 34 yds. He gained minus 10 yds for the game

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Seriously here is what I think. Gettleman is gone, Judge stays but get a real offensive coordinator. Jones gets another year (unless the neck injury is really bad). Barkley stays (even though I am tired of his "promise"). Engram and Shepard are gone but the other WRs are staying. Matt Peart (too bad) is gone. Solder is gone, but they will keep the rest of the O line. I don't know what to say about the D though. They have so little offense and you can't fix major holes in both.
There is to much money invested in Barkley. I was a Barkley fan. The night he was selected by the Giants I ordered his shirt the next day from sports store in Harrisburg. Too many injuries. He may recuperate to 90%. I thought Engram wasn't bad. Again injuries'. They have no offense. Sad for the receiver's. Seemed Danny was running for his life most of the time.

Reaction Score
There is to much money invested in Barkley. I was a Barkley fan. The night he was selected by the Giants I ordered his shirt the next day from sports store in Harrisburg. Too many injuries. He may recuperate to 90%. I thought Engram wasn't bad. Again injuries'. They have no offense. Sad for the receiver's. Seemed Danny was running for his life most of the time.

You should never spend money or high picks on running backs. Too prone to injuries and shorter shelf life. If you have a good enough line you can put anyone back there and produce.

Reaction Score
Gettleman out, Judge and his staff out. Kitchens is much worst than Garrett I don’t know what this moron is thinking he’s dreadful. Defensively they were showing promise last half of ‘20 but somehow they’ve gone backwards. I mean if the other team got the ball back with 2-3 minutes left in the first half it was 90% guaranteed they were punching it in. That’s a bad pattern for a coach.

Let the new GM bring his guy and his staff in. Daniel Jones I think is fine get him a line and an OC I’d be happy. Pass rusher please? Gettleman never addressed this or a solid linebacking crew. I will say Carter and a couple others show some promise and they lost their best Martinez to injury.

They have a chance to get better in the draft bring someone in who can be sure that happens. And please know now, not later, Judge is NOT the answer!

Reaction Score
Gettleman out, Judge and his staff out. Kitchens is much worst than Garrett I don’t know what this moron is thinking he’s dreadful. Defensively they were showing promise last half of ‘20 but somehow they’ve gone backwards. I mean if the other team got the ball back with 2-3 minutes left in the first half it was 90% guaranteed they were punching it in. That’s a bad pattern for a coach.

Let the new GM bring his guy and his staff in. Daniel Jones I think is fine get him a line and an OC I’d be happy. Pass rusher please? Gettleman never addressed this or a solid linebacking crew. I will say Carter and a couple others show some promise and they lost their best Martinez to injury.

They have a chance to get better in the draft bring someone in who can be sure that happens. And please know now, not later, Judge is NOT the answer!
Daniel Jones is not fine. He can't read defenses. Goes through his progression at a snail like speed. Turns the ball over at an alarming rate. Hasn't show good accuracy. And he panics under pressure. What other team could he start for? What other team would want him as their starter? He is a MAJOR part of the problem.

Reaction Score
Daniel Jones is not fine. He can't read defenses. Goes through his progression at a snail like speed. Turns the ball over at an alarming rate. Hasn't show good accuracy. And he panics under pressure. What other team could he start for? What other team would want him as their starter? He is a MAJOR part of the problem.

He could start for plenty of teams of which have a good offensive line and an offense that isn’t predictable. He’s far from THE problem on this team. No other QB has to run for his life every game like he has throughout his young career. Not saying he’s great but he hasn’t been on a team that’s been any good at all.

Reaction Score
Because he sucks and hasn't helped the team get any better.

Your call. Bigger picture see potential on a real horrid team. Barkley sucks too then right, couldn’t play for another team? He hasn’t helped the team either, nor has anyone else for years. Crappy coaching, crappy drafts and free agent signings. Not saying he’s Brady but he hasn’t had a fair shake.

Reaction Score
Your call. Bigger picture see potential on a real horrid team. Barkley sucks too then right, couldn’t play for another team? He hasn’t helped the team either, nor has anyone else for years. Crappy coaching, crappy drafts and free agent signings. Not saying he’s Brady but he hasn’t had a fair shake.

If you think Barkley is the same player after his injury(s) you must be watching replays of his rookie year because he's not even close to the same player.

Reaction Score
If you think Barkley is the same player after his injury(s) you must be watching replays of his rookie year because he's not even close to the same player.
Of course he’s not, look at the team he plays for. The line, the play calling it’s a pitiful situation for any offensive player. He’s not the same but he look like he’s getting some of it back end of the year but very little space to work in.

Any coach that would play Glennon at the end of the year instead of giving Fromm a look is a moron. You’re going to lose, you know Glennon is horrible at best. Fromm came in one game looked great and in control. Next one in a half not so much but please don’t take him out see where it goes. Just stupid people in any managerial role in this organization. Clean it out completely start from scratch if it means Jones then fine but the players that are worth anything at all are now with the NFLs most disastrous organization in football. No clue who’s any good because the staff and ownership has zero clue!!!!!

Reaction Score
Jones has PTSD playing behind this offensive line. Not that I’m saying I know for sure he’s the answer but to me I have no problem giving him one more year to show something.
Two of the top 3 picks should be offense.
With o-line being one of them. If they love Pickett and think he’s the future than take him first and then go o-line second round. Or go O-line rounds 1 and 2.
With our second first rounder I want the Georgia LB or Utah LB. I love both players and the Giants old tradition of having great LBs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom