2022-23 Roster | The Boneyard

2022-23 Roster

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's now never too early, and never ends.

1649368468376.png

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
So Aubrey played as a freshman in 2019–20, and as a sophomore in the 20-21 Covid year. She was out this year, 21-22, as a medical redshirt.

Since the Covid year does not count, it seems like she actually has three years left if she wants to.

Am I correct?

Reaction Score
I like the way this looks. A nice young team building chemistry as they grow

I would love Angel Reese and a strong graduate transfer Guard (Dijonai Carrington) like to come to Storrs in the fall.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So Aubrey played as a freshman in 2019–20, and as a sophomore in the 20-21 Covid year. She was out this year, 21-22, as a medical redshirt.

Since the Covid year does not count, it seems like she actually has three years left if she wants to.

Am I correct?
Yes

Reaction Score

Am I correct?
No medical redshirt for Aubrey. She never played this season.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
No medical redshirt for Aubrey. She never played this season.

I guess the question is how her “missed season”, however pigeonholed or defined, is treated for eligibility purposes.

Are you saying it counts against her, so that she only has two years remaining? What if she played 5 minutes against Arkansas and then stopped playing due to injury?

Reaction Score

I would love Angel Reese and a strong graduate transfer Guard (Dijonai Carrington) like to come to Storrs in the fall.
think you meant someone else, Carrington is in the WNBA

Reaction Score
I guess the question is how her “missed season”, however pigeonholed or defined, is treated for eligibility purposes.

Are you saying it counts against her, so that she only has two years remaining? What if she played 5 minutes against Arkansas and then stopped playing due to injury?
You get 5 years to play 4 seasons, or in the case of those that played in 2020 6 years to play 5. If she played 5 minutes and then stopped and didn't play for the rest of the season, she could apply to get the year back but it has to be proven that she couldn't come back and play which obviously Aubrey couldn't after having back surgery.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The term "redshirt" is being tossed around here incorrectly. Actually it's a made up term and I do not beleive it is a term in the rulebook at all but maybe I'm wrong.

Forget the term redshirt. The basic rule is you have 5 years to use your 4 years of eligibility.

As far as Aubry she has used 1 year of eligibilty (freshman). Then the covid rule came into play for her second (Sophomore) year so that year does not count as either used eligibility or as a year of the 5 year "window". It does not exist...wiped clean.

This past season she did not play a minute on the court so she has not used a year of eligibility. Since she did not play at all there will be no need to apply for a medical waiver ("redshirt" if you will).

So she has used 1 year of her 4 years of eligibilty to date and has the window of the next 3 years to play out that eligibility. Assuming she plays those three years of eligibilty in the next three calendar years no waiver is required.

Reaction Score
I like this chart, as it is easier to decipher for me anyway. Take notice of the symbols as to who is eligible for an extra year for covid or "red shirt"/not playing years.

What are the numbers for in the chart listed above? Like the red #1's?

uconn scholarship chart.JPG

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The term "redshirt" is being tossed around here incorrectly. Actually it's a made up term and I do not beleive it is a term in the rulebook at all but maybe I'm wrong.

Forget the term redshirt. The basic rule is you have 5 years to use your 4 years of eligibility.

As far as Aubry she has used 1 year of eligibilty (freshman). Then the covid rule came into play for her second (Sophomore) year so that year does not count as either used eligibility or as a year of the 5 year "window". It does not exist...wiped clean.

This past season she did not play a minute on the court so she has not used a year of eligibility. Since she did not play at all there will be no need to apply for a medical waiver ("redshirt" if you will).

So she has used 1 year of her 4 years of eligibilty to date and has the window of the next 3 years to play out that eligibility. Assuming she plays those three years of eligibilty in the next three calendar years no waiver is required.
Thank you for clarifying that.

Reaction Score
Looking at that depth chart, hopefully there is a plan in place for some quality transfer portal pieces.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I like this chart, as it is easier to decipher for me anyway. Take notice of the symbols as to who is eligible for an extra year for covid or "red shirt"/not playing years.

What are the numbers for in the chart listed above? Like the red #1's?
The numbers next to players names are the rankings coming out of HS, just as a reference. There was some discussion way way back about rosters and rankings, so I added them. The chart I made has gone thru some changes based on input by others. I added the second section to show what rosters look like if players used a covid year, as it showed a significant change, especially in 22-23 if ONO, CW, and EW returned, and again in 24-25 for PB, NM, and AE. I also keep players grouped with their recruiting class, as I don't assume anything about redshirt/extra years, so in the case of Aubrey, she is a senior for next season, and if she returns for a 5th year, I'll add her back in.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looking at that depth chart, hopefully there is a plan in place for some quality transfer portal pieces.
Agreed. 10 is a short number. 12 is much better. With 10, 1 injury and they can't go 5v5 when away from home. (men practice players don't travel with team as far as I know)

So picking up a couple players (portal or walk-on) seems like a good idea.

Reaction Score
With a revolving door on every college campus, Geno must add more scoring, rebounding, defense minded players.

Reaction Score

If Carrington can play like she did against us on the regional in ‘21, we’ll take her in a heartbeat!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom