2022 & 2023 POI and recruit Shopping Cart | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 & 2023 POI and recruit Shopping Cart

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dangerfield - I love her- but she never won a title and struggled mightily in the Final Fours. Mightily.

In 16-17. Played 17 minutes Was 0-1 from the floor. Had 1 point. Had 3 assists and 2 turnovers. Their pg hit the GW shot.

In 17-18. Played 30 minutes Was 3-11 from the floor. Had 8 points. Had 4 assists and 3 turnovers. Their sg hit the GW shot and their SG and SF hurt UCONN badly.

In 18-19. Played 39 minutes Was 2-11 from the floor. Had 4 point. Had 9 assists and 1 turnover. -- Terrific with assists to turnovers but still couldn't shoot. I wouldn't say she was known for her defense either. A perimeter defender wasn't the problem in this game.
And yet became the WNBA ROY. Go figure.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
So what happens to everyone’s shopping cart if UConn picks up Lavender Briggs in the transfer portal?
Most of us skip the short order line, and hope Ms. Briggs makes us forget about our carts. You know better than most that once a recruit or transfer becomes a Husky she is family. We will discuss her game until we drop we may even list, state and tear it apart on the BY, we just won't put up with an outsider doing the same. For some remember tearing down someone's game is just another way of separating different aspects of the game. I for one at this time prefer a recruit over a transfer based on the current roster. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Most of us skip the short order line, and hope Ms. Briggs makes us forget about our carts. You know better than most that once a recruit or transfer becomes a Husky she is family. We will discuss her game until we drop we may even list, state and tear it apart on the BY, we just won't put up with an outsider doing the same. For some remember tearing down someone's game is just another way of separating different aspects of the game. I for one at this time prefer a recruit over a transfer based on the current roster. ;)
I lost the bubble on this one: Will Briggs be immediately eligible or will she have to petition the NCAA to be able to play this coming season? Did she enter into the Portal on or prior to July1st? Complicating matters is that Florida had a recent unexpected coaching change which might be good ammunition for someone needing to file a petition for immediate eligibility?

Reaction Score
I lost the bubble on this one: Will Briggs be immediately eligible or will she have to petition the NCAA to be able to play this coming season? Did she enter into the Portal on or prior to July1st? Complicating matters is that Florida had a recent unexpected coaching change which might be good ammunition for someone needing to file a petition for immediate eligibility?
I think she may have to petition the NCAA but not to burst any bubbles she was in Waco recently and follows only Baylor coaches on Instagram. So do with that information what you will lol

Reaction Score
Dangerfield - I love her- but she never won a title and struggled mightily in the Final Fours. Mightily.

In 16-17. Played 17 minutes Was 0-1 from the floor. Had 1 point. Had 3 assists and 2 turnovers. Their pg hit the GW shot.

In 17-18. Played 30 minutes Was 3-11 from the floor. Had 8 points. Had 4 assists and 3 turnovers. Their sg hit the GW shot and their SG and SF hurt UCONN badly.

In 18-19. Played 39 minutes Was 2-11 from the floor. Had 4 point. Had 9 assists and 1 turnover. -- Terrific with assists to turnovers but still couldn't shoot. I wouldn't say she was known for her defense either. A perimeter defender wasn't the problem in this game.

IMO UCONN just needs balance. In 16-17 and 17-18 the guards played terribly. In 18-19 (and 19-20 even though no Tourney) - they were just too small. In 20-21 their upfront scoring capabilities were extremely limited. UCONN only scored 59 points vs Arizona.
UCONN's center scored 1 point. And it took her 7 shots and four FT's to get that one point.
No disagreement with your assessment of CD final four play but if she had been in the game the last minute against Mississippi State we likely win.

Reaction Score
No disagreement with your assessment of CD final four play but if she had been in the game the last minute against Mississippi State we likely win.

I don't think so. But hey - I love her- too bad she didn't get a shot in her senior year - a Big Elite 8 Game. Anyway, I'd love to see a Rice commit.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It's happened in the last week or so, at least 2 POI in my cart and others have received offers from Geno and UCONN. The 2 most recent I have seen are the #1 in my cart Ciera Toomey yesterday while Ms. Shade received an offer from Geno last week. Not sure if Fulwiley has an offer, so we wait. The most pressing is our potential remaining pick for 2022 we now enter the the sound proof room counting down the days until the next announcement from our POI's.

Reaction Score
It's happened in the last week or so, at least 2 POI in my cart and others have received offers from Geno and UCONN. The 2 most recent I have seen are the #1 in my cart Ciera Toomey yesterday while Ms. Shade received an offer from Geno last week. Not sure if Fulwiley has an offer, so we wait. The most pressing is our potential remaining pick for 2022 we now enter the the sound proof room counting down the days until the next announcement from our POI's.
Fulwiley has a lot of talent and I don't see her going anywhere that she has to wait 1-2 years to get major PT. I'd be very surprised if she winds up anywhere other than S.C.

Reaction Score
Do you think she has a clear path at S.C.? It looks a bit crowded there as well.
Have to wait and see how good these incoming SC guards are to determine that but if she does have to wait, it might be more comfortable right there in her backyard. She’s definitely not going to move past Bueckers and Fudd.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Have to wait and see how good these incoming SC guards are to determine that but if she does have to wait, it might be more comfortable right there in her backyard. She’s definitely not going to move past Bueckers and Fudd.
One thing for sure, there will be biting of finger nails wringing of hands and an overwhelming anxiety on the BY waiting for the recruits to fall in place. Other than actual games the closest we come at UCONN to combat. Maybe not with the intensity that existed for Azzi however I think as we wait many BY members will have a few cases of elevated blood pressure. I'm ready for the next batch of POI and recruit announcements........... I can do without the never ending list by recruits of my top 100 teams and today I'm going all the way down to my top 97 teams, look at me.:eek:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure whom we can get, but I'd be thrilled with Jocyte. She is insanely good for her age. Are we sure she's 2023? She's only 15--and has been playing against pros since age 13.

I love Booker. Her skills should make her a lockdown defender.

I like Toomey's skills, height, and personality.

Shade is really good. So is Cunningham.

Fulwiley is really fun to watch.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It looks like the rest of the 22 class is waiting for signing day in November, similar to how Azzi played it. There are alot of 23 kids we have been following, and I wouldn't be surprised if the really sought after recruits will wait till next year to make their choice. This anxiety will go on forever, so the quicker November comes the easier our thoughts of the future will be put aside as we watch our present Huskies perform. THREE more months to Arkansas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom