2022 & 2023 POI and recruit Shopping Cart | The Boneyard

2022 & 2023 POI and recruit Shopping Cart

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Nary a day goes by when there are not multiple post on the BY recruiting thread on POI and potential recruits. With the recent and current youth camps and tourneys there are too many mentioned players to count, players all the way to the class of 2026. Many players a good number of BY members seem to like a lot, me included. We like many but can sign few.
In the next class 2022 imo we have room for one more player in addition to the twin power players already committed. My pick is KIKI Rice, period! Not looking for 2-3 players just your #1 2022 POI, support your position if you want. For the 2023 season I see the possibility of signing 3 players. I would love to have Cunningham but feel she is staying out west therefore my pick for a big is Ciera Toomey, exceptional footwork and ball handling for a big with a nice scoring touch. My 2 other picks are Malaysia Fulwiley and Ashlyn Shade. I really like both very much and if you have seen video on them you know why.
I owe a lot of what I have learned about these players in no small part to our fellow BY'ers, Sluconn Husky, Alydar, Bobby J, CocoHusky and many more. Many of you putting forward videos, stories, articles and tweets about many players. I showed what's in my cart now it's time to show us who's in your cart.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You didn't make this easy- nice job.
For the remaining 22 spot I like Bransford more than I like Rice although I could live with or without either. Bransford is my pick because she shown interest in UCONN the longest having visited on her dime as a Sophomore. If I can only pick 3 in 2023 give me Juste Jocyte , Madison Booker and Aalyah Del Rosario because I would be adding 3 players to the roster that are not duplicative of anyone on the existing roster.
Jocyte is currently playing SF international but she came up a PG she would get minutes at 1-3. Booker is the most versatile two way player in the class & would be a nightmare wing defender and here is the surprise: You can run the UCONN High Post Offense through Booker the same as Geno did with Gabby. I envision Del Rosario to be a mobile hammer. She is a dominating rebounder and UCONN is going to have the horses to get out and run. Del Rosario also has a good set of hands to get me easy baskets. and get to the foul line enough. This might sound politically incorrect but Arnold, Hidalgo, Fulwiley & Shade or on the smaller side and I feel like I've seen this movie before: Crystal was a fantastic floor general but defensively her teams always started at a deficit (pun intended) because of all the clean looks the other team could get from the top.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ashlynn is just a shade under 5-10, that seems like a decent height for a potential point guard in typical wcbb div. 1. However no Uconn fan can be disappointed in your picks either. I believe Geno is on a roll with recruiting and we all will be pleased with the upcoming commits.

Reaction Score
2022 I’m with you, if we get one more I want Rice. But as coco said I can live with or without either.
2023 Cunningham or Del Rosario. Both seem like bruisers which IMO we have been needing in the post position. I personally like Cunningham more but I’ll take either. Not super familiar with the others. But hey I’ll always take the #1 rank..Juju

Reaction Score
I have a slightly different take. With the guards/wings already in place until 2024, I think I'd be done with 2022. I'd take 4 in the '23 class. Shade is big enough at 5-10 and tough as nails to learn under PB&J, Booker does everything at 6-1 and has been my favorite all along, Toomey is so versatile and can do anything you need up front at 6-3/6-4, and Del Rosario for the reasons @CocoHusky states above and rim protection. I'm looking at 2024 for more guards and as of now I'd be all over Britt Prince at 5-11 and Olivia Olson at 6-0 as a package. By then they'll be able to do everything I need for the backcourt.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ashlynn is just a shade under 5-10, that seems like a decent height for a potential point guard in typical wcbb div. 1. However no Uconn fan can be disappointed in your picks either. I believe Geno is on a roll with recruiting and we all will be pleased with the upcoming commits.
:eek: You want to bet?
Even at 5'10 (?) shade would also not meet my other criteria of being: Not duplicative of any player on the existing rosters since she would be duplicating Nika, Paige and Azzi who are all capable of playing the PG position.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Shade's a 2-guard/wing. If you want a PG you could do a lot worse than the recently offered KK Arnold.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
You didn't make this easy- nice job.
For the remaining 22 spot I like Bransford more than I like Rice although I could live with or without either. Bransford is my pick because she shown interest in UCONN the longest having visited on her dime as a Sophomore. If I can only pick 3 in 2023 give me Juste Jocyte , Madison Booker and Aalyah Del Rosario because I would be adding 3 players to the roster that are not duplicative of anyone on the existing roster.
Jocyte is currently playing SF international but she came up a PG she would get minutes at 1-3. Booker is the most versatile two way player in the class & would be a nightmare wing defender and here is the surprise: You can run the UCONN High Post Offense through Booker the same as Geno did with Gabby. I envision Del Rosario to be a mobile hammer. She is a dominating rebounder and UCONN is going to have the horses to get out and run. Del Rosario also has a good set of hands to get me easy baskets. and get to the foul line enough. This might sound politically incorrect but Arnold, Hidalgo, Fulwiley & Shade or on the smaller side and I feel like I've seen this movie before: Crystal was a fantastic floor general but defensively her teams always started at a deficit (pun intended) because of all the clean looks the other team could get from the top.
Ok, now I have to go back and start looking at videos and articles on your picks. I know you are more aware of the younger players than I am. Recently with all the youth camps and tourneys the info coming out makes all the players seem to be future All Americans. Thanks for sharing your picks and insights. It's what I hoped to see. The recruiting thread is like going to a candy store, everything looks so good, you make your picks hope they are all amazing and none give you cavities.

Reaction Score
I can agree with most opinions expressed here. But I would
be interested in identifying who is the best Defensive STOPPER!!
( that is - in addition to her offensive and team management skills). I
cringe when I recall Arkansas and Arizona guards running up the
points ( like ARIKE in the TEAM USA/ WNBA ALL STAR GAME ).
So, who do you think would be the best defender???

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can agree with most opinions expressed here. But I would
be interested in identifying who is the best Defensive STOPPER!!
( that is - in addition to her offensive and team management skills). I
cringe when I recall Arkansas and Arizona guards running up the
points ( like ARIKE in the TEAM USA/ WNBA ALL STAR GAME ).
So, who do you think would be the best defender???
Among the UCONN '23 POI Booker is by far the best defender. Beyond the UCONN '23 POI there is Mikaylah Williams. I actually don't know if UCONN is interested but that young lady is going to be a nightmare defender. She is a high level dual sport athlete (Softball & Basketball) and will likely end up somewhere where she can do both (Arizona, LSU, ...)

Reaction Score
Among the UCONN '23 POI Booker is by far the best defender. Beyond the UCONN '23 POI there is Mikaylah Williams. I actually don't know if UCONN is interested but that young lady is going to be a nightmare defender. She is a high level dual sport athlete (Softball & Basketball) and will likely end up somewhere where she can do both (Arizona, LSU, ...)
I believe Fulwiley is considered a good defender.

Reaction Score
Wild guesses--

1-- Kiki Rice 2022. It's always good to have a guard with good size. Seems like she is a big time penetrator. Would be good to compliment Azzi, CD and SP for example.

2023 Assuming UCONN gets Kiki Rice.
1-- Why not the number 1 recruit in Judea Watkins? Paige might be gone and nothing wrong with getting more explosiveness off the wing. She'll be able to play off of/compliment all the terrific shooters UCONN will end up having.

2-- Breya Cunningham. Edwards leaves after her junior year? Can she? Even if she can't - BC appears to be a hammer. If eventually DeBerry, Brady or Patterson - if one of them is not terrific - BC appears like she is going to be one that will become.

3-- UCONN is now loaded 1-4 and very good at 5- but at the 5 with DeBerry as the tallest player in future years beyond next year or 2. Go after very big size to counter a potential Twin Towers that teams such as SC and Stanford may try to employ. Get 6'7 Letycia Vasconcelos.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Wild guesses--

1-- Kiki Rice 2022. It's always good to have a guard with good size. Seems like she is a big time penetrator. Would be good to compliment Azzi, CD and SP for example.

1-- Why not the number 1 recruit in Judea Watkins? Paige might be gone and nothing wrong with getting more explosiveness off the wing. She'll be able to play off of/compliment all the terrific shooters UCONN will end up having.

2-- Breya Cunningham. Edwards leaves after her junior year? Can she? Even if she can't - BC appears to be a hammer. If eventually DeBerry, Brady or Patterson - if one of them is not terrific - BC appears like she is going to be one that will become.

3-- UCONN is now loaded 1-4 and very good at 5- but at the 5 with DeBerry as the tallest player in future years beyond next year or 2. Go after very big size to counter a potential Twin Towers that teams such as SC and Stanford may try to employ. Get 6'7 Letycia Vasconcelos.
I like it, some sure fire talent that won't get pushed around and know what to do and how to get to the hoop. One player in Letycia who may be the biggest surprise of her class., she is intriguing for sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Ashlynn is a SHADE under 5'10"? She's definitely a Shade. :D

Reaction Score
:eek: You want to bet?
Even at 5'10 (?) shade would also not meet my other criteria of being: Not duplicative of any player on the existing rosters since she would be duplicating Nika, Paige and Azzi who are all capable of playing the PG position.
What I would like to be duplicative is oustanding skill sets, tireless work ethic, and being "all in" on being coachable. I'm sure Geno and the coaching staff will continue to get what they need to continue the amazing success...

Reaction Score
Probably true, but if you include players in the 21 class, I think Ayanna is about as close to a sure thing lock down defender as you can get. Hops and strength with length to guard bigs, but what impressed me the most was a video I saw of her guarding much smaller players on the perimeter. She reminded me of Scottie Pippin on defense out there.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Probably true, but if you include players in the 21 class, I think Ayanna is about as close to a sure thing lock down defender as you can get. Hops and strength with length to guard bigs, but what impressed me the most was a video I saw of her guarding much smaller players on the perimeter. She reminded me of Scottie Pippin on defense out there.

You think teams would look forward to facing Booker and Patterson on defense for three years?

Reaction Score
Wild guesses--

yeah agreed❤️❤️

Reaction Score
Nary a day goes by when there are not multiple post on the BY recruiting thread on POI and potential recruits. With the recent and current youth camps and tourneys there are too many mentioned players to count, players all the way to the class of 2026. Many players a good number of BY members seem to like a lot, me included. We like many but can sign few.
In the next class 2022 imo we have room for one more player in addition to the twin power players already committed. My pick is KIKI Rice, period! Not looking for 2-3 players just your #1 2022 POI, support your position if you want. For the 2023 season I see the possibility of signing 3 players. I would love to have Cunningham but feel she is staying out west therefore my pick for a big is Ciera Toomey, exceptional footwork and ball handling for a big with a nice scoring touch. My 2 other picks are Malaysia Fulwiley and Ashlyn Shade. I really like both very much and if you have seen video on them you know why.
I owe a lot of what I have learned about these players in no small part to our fellow BY'ers, Sluconn Husky, Alydar, Bobby J, CocoHusky and many more. Many of you putting forward videos, stories, articles and tweets about many players. I showed what's in my cart now it's time to show us who's in your cart.

"Malaysia" Fulwiley? Intriguing name. Background?

Reaction Score
Unless something goes very sideways getting a point guard (fulwiley) to leave SC will be very hard. You have to defend speed with speed. We've had the likes of Jefferson and Dangerfield to lock down speed. We had nobody last year to lock down the AZ point guard. KK Arnold seems like that type of guard.

Reaction Score
Unless something goes very sideways getting a point guard (fulwiley) to leave SC will be very hard. You have to defend speed with speed. We've had the likes of Jefferson and Dangerfield to lock down speed. We had nobody last year to lock down the AZ point guard. KK Arnold seems like that type of guard.

Dangerfield - I love her- but she never won a title and struggled mightily in the Final Fours. Mightily.

In 16-17. Played 17 minutes Was 0-1 from the floor. Had 1 point. Had 3 assists and 2 turnovers. Their pg hit the GW shot.

In 17-18. Played 30 minutes Was 3-11 from the floor. Had 8 points. Had 4 assists and 3 turnovers. Their sg hit the GW shot and their SG and SF hurt UCONN badly.

In 18-19. Played 39 minutes Was 2-11 from the floor. Had 4 point. Had 9 assists and 1 turnover. -- Terrific with assists to turnovers but still couldn't shoot. I wouldn't say she was known for her defense either. A perimeter defender wasn't the problem in this game.

IMO UCONN just needs balance. In 16-17 and 17-18 the guards played terribly. In 18-19 (and 19-20 even though no Tourney) - they were just too small. In 20-21 their upfront scoring capabilities were extremely limited. UCONN only scored 59 points vs Arizona.
UCONN's center scored 1 point. And it took her 7 shots and four FT's to get that one point.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I could be completely wrong (and usually am when it concerns the minds of teenage girls) but I don't think either Bransford or Rice end up at UCONN. Rice is a high academic student who I see at Stanford or Duke. Bransford to a midwest school (ND, Louisville, ect).

Again...NO TEA LEAVES here just a complete guess.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I go away for 4 days and come back to 5 new pages on my favorite recurring thread recruiting. It seems darn near unanimous in regards to C. Toomey being at the top of the want list, she is on fire and it seems like the BY wants her in a bad way. CT come on down.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So what happens to everyone’s shopping cart if UConn picks up Lavender Briggs in the transfer portal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom