Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oregons Grace Vanslooten is a good one.

• 27.5 ppg , 7.5 rpg, 60.0 fg% last week

• 3rd player on Pac-12 history to sweep both awards

• 1st since Sabrina Ionescu did so in 2017

• 1 of 2 freshmen nationally averaging at least 16 pts, 6 rebs and 2 asts/game

And how did she not make the ESPN top 25 list? Sorry but I would have had her ahead of Latson.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregons Grace Vanslooten is a good one.

• 27.5 ppg , 7.5 rpg, 60.0 fg% last week

• 3rd player on Pac-12 history to sweep both awards

• 1st since Sabrina Ionescu did so in 2017

• 1 of 2 freshmen nationally averaging at least 16 pts, 6 rebs and 2 asts/game
Quick clarification for those not especially familiar with the Pac 12: "both awards" = Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week. Also, these stats are from back-to-back games against Arkansas and Ohio State, not cupcakes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We don't even get the PAC 12 Network over here. It would be nice to see a Stanford or UCLA game once in a while.

I live in Chicago, had to add the PAC 12 Network to my cable subscription and logged in through their (Pac-12 Now) App. I do this during the Basketball season. So worth it.

Reaction Score
I live in Chicago, had to add the PAC 12 Network to my cable subscription and logged in through their (Pac-12 Now) App. I do this during the Basketball season. So worth it.
Streaming services make it easier to stay up to date on games if time difference is an issue.

Reaction Score
A Big12 thought: I'm liking Iowa St's recruit for next year, Audi Crooks. I finally got to see a full game tape, Bishop Garrigan HS vs Hopkins HS. Other than Crooks, Bishop Garrigan was overmatched by the talent up and down the roster for Hopkins, and Nunu Agara and Taylor Woodson are both clearly D1 ready. Kudos to Stanford and Michigan for scooping them up.

But Crooks is simply a force on the court, with great stamina and pretty good quickness. Of course, she's really strong -- she's a shot-putter on the track team too. Once she gets the ball in the paint, there's no contest. She has a soft touch on her post moves and midrange jumpshot, and she's got good hands, rebounds well, and has pretty good ball handling skills. I suspect a lot of coaches passed her over thinking she wouldn't be able to run the court for long. But in this game, she played the entire game and didn't seem to lose any steam. I suspect she probably never sits in any of their games. When Hopkins pressed, Crooks was even used to break the press, and she was good at it. Once they got the ball to her anywhere near midcourt, there was no point trying to trap her. She's just too strong and she sees the court well.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It was announced tonight during the OSU vs Northwestern game on BTN that Madison Greene's knee injury against USF was season ending. Hate that she just got back from a season-ending injury and was hitting her pre-injury game form. So, OSU is going to be without their two starting point guards for the foreseeable future as Jacy is week-to-week and on crutches still. Greene played in all 12 of OSU's games, but I can't remember what the red-shirt injury cut off is or if that even matters with COVID, either way, this injury sucks.

Reaction Score
It was announced tonight during the OSU vs Northwestern game on BTN that Madison Greene's knee injury against USF was season ending. Hate that she just got back from a season-ending injury and was hitting her pre-injury game form. So, OSU is going to be without their two starting point guards for the foreseeable future as Jacy is week-to-week and on crutches still. Greene played in all 12 of OSU's games, but I can't remember what the red-shirt injury cut off is or if that even matters with COVID, either way, this injury sucks.
Man. For the second season in a row. I agree this sucks.

Reaction Score
This is such sad news. I’ve been rooting hard for OSU this year and Greene was one of my favorites. For her to go through this in consecutive years is devastating.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Man. For the second season in a row. I agree this sucks.

This is such sad news. I’ve been rooting hard for OSU this year and Greene was one of my favorites. For her to go through this in consecutive years is devastating.

Completely and utterly agree: this injury to Greene just bleeps. I imagine the last thing she wants to hear is "good luck" with rehabbing, but I wish her the best health for whatever she wants to do with it.

Team-wise, she's such an active presence to their line-up and allowed Mikesell and Sheldon (when she was able to play) to score, score, score. With both Greene and Sheldon out, that falls on Rikki Harris to step up and she has been solid. They eye-openers here is that Taylor Thierry continues to improve and Cotie McMahon has blossomed. She led the Buckeyes with 24 last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom