2021 UConn Baseball Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 UConn Baseball Schedule

Reaction Score
Any word when the Big E portion fo the schedule will be posted? If fans are allowed, I plan to try and catch UConn when they play Hall. Was hoping to last year, but the weather and Covid-19 ganged-up on that idea.

Reaction Score
Another non conference game has shown up on the UConn baseball schedule. April 13, at Bryant. That makes 34 non conference games on the schedule so far. If one more non conference game shows up on the UConn schedule, then a 21 game Big East schedule would add up to the normal 56 game regular season in college baseball. Of course, this is hardly a normal year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another non conference game has shown up on the UConn baseball schedule. April 13, at Bryant. That makes 34 non conference games on the schedule so far. If one more non conference game shows up on the UConn schedule, then a 21 game Big East schedule would add up to the normal 56 game regular season in college baseball. Of course, this is hardly a normal year.

Unless the BE has throttled back their initial plans - the conference schedule is 28 games.

Reaction Score
Unless the BE has throttled back their initial plans - the conference schedule is 28 games.

Those plans are a month old, so I suppose they could have changed. I suppose it is also possible that the Big East conference schedule will be the 28 games as reported in that tweet, and that UConn is scheduling extra non conference games on the assumption that some games will get cancelled.

Reaction Score
Some updates are up the online UConn baseball schedule.

Game times for the opening series at Virginia are now posted. Friday at 3pm, Saturday and Sunday at 1pm.

Also, something of a Big East schedule is posted, although no teams are attached to any date. Seven weekends starting the second weekend in April, with each series being 4 games with a doubleheader each Saturday. So it is indeed a 28 game Big East conference schedule.

The first Big East weekend starting on April 9 is listed as being a home series for UConn.

So, with a 28 game conference schedule and 34 non conference games currently scheduled, UConn has a 62 game regular season schedule, at least for now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The April 7 game against Stony Brook is no longer listed on the schedule on the athletics website, so now UConn baseball has a 33 out of conference games on the schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

4 game series each:

Home: Georgetown, Butler, Seton Hall
Away: Creighton, Xavier, St John, Villanova

Good to see the Big East schedule out. Interesting. The current schedule for UConn has 10 straight home games for UConn from March 30 through April 11, which is part of a stretch of having 13 out of 14 games at home. The Huskies follow that stretch at home with 10 games on the road.

Reaction Score

4 game series each:

Home: Georgetown, Butler, Seton Hall
Away: Creighton, Xavier, St John, Villanova

Bummed that Seton Hall is in Storrs. Was hoping to catch them locally. Making it to St. John's or Villanova on a weekend is doable, but with 2 kids playing travel baseball, it woudl take a miracle for those schedules to all fit nicely and that's assuming fans are allowed.

Reaction Score
During the broadcast of the Virginia game yesterday, Chris Jones was speculating on whether or not Georgetown is going to cancel its baseball season. He seemed to think it was a distinct possibility. Georgetown is the first Big East conference series scheduled for UConn, and it is also a home series for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
During the broadcast of the Virginia game yesterday, Chris Jones was speculating on whether or not Georgetown is going to cancel its baseball season. He seemed to think it was a distinct possibility. Georgetown is the first Big East conference series scheduled for UConn, and it is also a home series for the Huskies.

Georgetown has not posted a baseball schedule for the 2021 season on their website. If I recall correctly, Chris Jones also said that the Georgetown coach has not been on campus and has not yet met with the team.

If the four games against Georgetown are cancelled, that would give UConn 56 games on its schedule, which is the NCAA mandated limit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Georgetown has not posted a baseball schedule for the 2021 season on their website. If I recall correctly, Chris Jones also said that the Georgetown coach has not been on campus and has not yet met with the team.

If the four games against Georgetown are cancelled, that would give UConn 56 games on its schedule, which is the NCAA mandated limit.

I think that mandated limit is going to be a soft target for 2021.

Reaction Score
I think that mandated limit is going to be a soft target for 2021.

I would agree. UConn at one point had sixty something games on their schedule. One of those games, their home opener against Hartford got cancelled due to the decision that the Hawks were only going to play conference games. Others just happened to get removed over a period of time.

Reaction Score
I would agree. UConn at one point had sixty something games on their schedule. One of those games, their home opener against Hartford got cancelled due to the decision that the Hawks were only going to play conference games. Others just happened to get removed over a period of time.

My son's club baseball team had been practicing together all winter just got shut down. One kid went out-of-state for winter break for skiing, folks did not tell anyone (should have self-quarantined as he was out-of-state), went to indoor practice over the weekend with no symptoms only to flunk the test yesterday after one of his parents became symptomatic. Kid's a catcher to, so he had contact with everyone. My son also catches, but thankfully has his own equipment that we are now allowing him to share this season. But, he now quarentined for 14 days, no baseball, no basketball, virtual school. Doesn't take much.

Reaction Score
According to the UConn baseball schedule posted on the UConn athletics website, all three games this weekend at Southern Miss are on WHUS. Just hope that holds up.

Reaction Score
According to the UConn baseball schedule posted on the UConn athletics website, all three games this weekend at Southern Miss are on WHUS. Just hope that holds up.

We have a repeat. According to the UConn baseball schedule posted on the UConn athletics website, all four games played at the Coastal Carolina tournament will be carried WHUS. We'll see if it stays that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom