2021 Spring Roster updated... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Spring Roster updated...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The LBs were bigger. Those look like freshmen weights from 15 years ago. OL about 10-15 lbs lighter too. Could be in response to how the game is played today. I was hoping to see more 230+ but guys like Fortt and Swenson were recruited for 3-3-5.
I am hopeful that OL size means the offense won't be ground and pound.

Reaction Score
That's not it.

I can see the roster. It is sorted by jersey #1. There is a separate drop down on how you want to sort the roster filter.

No matter which option I choose for the sort feature, it changes the filter to the signing day roster.

This is happening on my laptop and from my cellphone.

It'd be nice if it worked properly but a work around, particularly if you're on the web rather than mobile, is to remove the 2021 in the url after clicking on "go" for sorting.

unwanted signing day url - uconnhuskies.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=weight
(edited to show actual url, rather than hyperlink text)

good spring roster sorted url - https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/football/roster/?&sort=weight

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It'd be nice if it worked properly but a work around, particularly if you're on the web rather than mobile, is to remove the 2021 in the url after clicking on "go" for sorting.

unwanted signing day url - uconnhuskies.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=weight

good spring roster sorted url - https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/football/roster/?&sort=weight
Well done!

Reaction Score
If you view the roster in the grid format (which you can select in the format drop down) then you can sort on the other columns like position or class.

Reaction Score
If you view the roster in the grid format (which you can select in the format drop down) then you can sort on the other columns like position or class.
Yeah but that only works on desktop version for me...

Reaction Score

Looks similar to the weight distribution :rolleyes: on the Boneyard. Not many under 200 pounds and trending larger.........

Reaction Score
Our WRs made some nice gains too... They've matured a bit... bodes well for us with the talent we've already got there

a few examples:
Marion - up 17lbs ... He's a guy we've been pretty high on since he arrived on campus...
Maurriseau - up 10lbs
Bush - up 11lbs
Clercius - up 10 lbs
Ross - up 6 lbs (he's gonna remain a problem for defenders.. glad he's on our side)

Reaction Score
Exactly who is going to be the QB for UConn this fall? Doesn't it make sense to name one now? Perhaps, whoever is FB coach should look for a junior college or other transfer if no one stands out as an option now. Nothing is going to change by August.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Exactly who is going to be the QB for UConn this fall? Doesn't it make sense to name one now? Perhaps, whoever is FB coach should look for a junior college or other transfer if no one stands out as an option now. Nothing is going to change by August.
Shouldn't they just drop to FCS if they can't name a starting QB today?

#trollsgonnatroll

Reaction Score

Art Briles is already looking at Qbs.

Reaction Score
Observations:

Scholarship player Torres-Silva - who came from southern CA as a JUCO has left the program. Also, dont see OL Remon Young on the roster as well. I believe Young was on scholarship.

WO OL Ryan Denmark seems to have left.

Now you can see why the staff is very interested in getting some transfer OL help. At a min they will bring in one new guy before June, maybe two.
Not fair. Scared the crap out of me...

Reaction Score
I see another PWO on the DL in Aaron Lange out of Suffield Academy, by way of Tolland, CT.. truly a local kid ... Hope he develops... It's always a nice story to see a PWO earn a scholly (by around year 3 the latest) and truly contributes (i.e. Marcus Easley and Donald Thomas)

Reaction Score
A guy I truly hope finishes his career strong with us is converted OL Jonathan Pace.... He's been here awhile. Would be nice to see him grab a spot as an upperclassmen.. get into that OG rotation...

Reaction Score
Last one (for now)... on paper our DL looks like something now... Excited to see what Baby Jadaveon (Dal'mont Gourdine), Watts, DeVaughn, Harris, McCarthy, Moore, Evans, & Hooper will bring to the table...

To me, THIS area of our D is the key to our success... Gotta get penetration, make plays in the backfield (TFLs, Sacks, Hurries) like the old days... Just be extremely stout at the point of attack...

Reaction Score
Last one (for now)... on paper our DL looks like something now... Excited to see what Baby Jadaveon (Dal'mont Gourdine), Watts, DeVaughn, Harris, McCarthy, Moore, Evans, & Hooper will bring to the table...

To me, THIS area of our D is the key to our success... Gotta get penetration, make plays in the backfield (TFLs, Sacks, Hurries) like the old days... Just be extremely stout at the point of attack...
Watts showed flashes as a skinny freshman. He could be a monster with two years of developmental muscle on him. Gourdine also pushed for time two years ago. I'm also hoping he has a breakout year.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just taking a look now. Little bummed they dropped the distinction between fall and spring rosters and it was handy to better track adds & departures.

Reaction Score
Just taking a look now. Little bummed they dropped the distinction between fall and spring rosters and it was handy to better track adds & departures.
Going to take a stab a depth chart or are you going to wait a bit?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Going to take a stab a depth chart or are you going to wait a bit?

Its sort of always out there:

Quick comments:
1) Haven't set it up for 2022 commits
2) We are on track for 87 scholarship players and 19 walk ons for a roster of 106. We seem to be out there looking for another DL and DB, so we might land at 89 scholarship players and 108 total players. Also, it wouldnt surprise any of us if a QB or any elite transfer that falls into our lap arrives here in August either given the state of the portal.
3) I have an idea about a few small surprises in the depth chart, but I'm not going to present those just yet. My depth chart is holding back a little on honesty and rumor.
4) Yes, my decision to show such positions as WR Slot, WR4, Nickel DB is debatable, sticking with it for now.
5) The UConn roster update again lists Dillon Harris as a LB while I show him as a DE. Lets see what summer brings. Personally I think Harris should be playing LB on run downs as we have plenty of other larger DE pieces.
6) I'm a little perplexed as to why we are looking for a grad DL. Makes me wonder. Hard to place a grad DL on this roster two deep based on public info.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
D Line success will be the difference between 1-2 wins and 4-5. Watts and McCarthy’s development will be key and they absolutely need to find a DT or two who can rotate in and keep Travis Jones fresh.

Reaction Score
Was checking out some HS highlights on Deondrick Speight.. man oh man... can he end up carrying way more weight (a la Kendall Reyes)?... He's got some nice edge rusher moves.. Some kids add on more size late... just sayin...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom