2021 New York Giants Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 New York Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Look. Dave G brought in a back up that wouldn't scare our fragile starting QB. Glennon was not brought in to win games. Neither Glennon or Jones should appear in a Giants uniform again.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Look. Dave G brought in a back up that wouldn't scare our fragile starting QB. Glennon was not brought in to win games. Neither Glennon or Jones should appear in a Giants uniform again.
Neither should Dave G

Reaction Score
another loss is fine with me as we keep trying to move up the draft board.
Packers need to wake up and show some life tonight. I want to keep that bears pick racing up the charts too

Reaction Score
I guess we are just going to keep drafting O lineman until they can figure out that they can't coach O linemen.

Reaction Score
And yet he is still not the worst owner in the division, let alone the league.
I beg to differ on that one. The Maras have always been overrated, Wellington Mara as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I beg to differ on that one. The Maras have always been overrated, Wellington Mara as well.
As long as Snyder owns Washington, The Maras will be #31 at worst.

Reaction Score
Would have been great to see the Jets pull it off.
We are currently picking 5th and 6th but are only one game behind the Jets and Houston.
Just three games left to lose, than we put a new man in charge at the top. Hopefully we go outside of the organization but I somehow doubt it.

Reaction Score
1640147513652.png

Reaction Score
Would have been great to see the Jets pull it off.
We are currently picking 5th and 6th but are only one game behind the Jets and Houston.
Just three games left to lose, than we put a new man in charge at the top. Hopefully we go outside of the organization but I somehow doubt it.
Latest rumor I saw was Kevin Abrams was the front-runner which would be really disappointing. I hope they go outside the organization for someone like Louis Riddick

Reaction Score
Oh god not Abrams.
It’s time for Belichek to come home and spend the last five years of his career rebuilding the organization he loves.
And yes, I know it’s a pipe dream.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Oh god not Abrams.
It’s time for Belichek to come home and spend the last five years of his career rebuilding the organization he loves.
And yes, I know it’s a pipe dream.

Wouldn't home for Belichick be Baltimore? His father was on the Navy staff and he got his first football job from the Colts.

Seems that Belichick already works for the organization he loves, and at 70 years old, my guess is that he doesn't want to build from the substructure. I think he wants the wins record. Especially since Shula was such a dink about him publicly.

Reaction Score
A few years ago pre Gettleman I remember reading a story or two quoting sources close to belichek where the Giants job was the only job he would ever leave the Pats for. Sadly it didn’t happen.

I think it was in the 30 for 30 about the two Bills but there was a documentary out there where you could see he still loved walking on Giants ground and reminiscing about his younger years.

Like I said, it’s a pipe dream but I’d love to see him come here to end his career at the place he first gained fame.

Reaction Score
Giants paid Golladay 72 mill then used a 1st on Kadarius Toney and they don’t have 1 damn td combined, Andrew Thomas has a TD this year lol. Injuries are a factor sure but tells you everything about this franchise, this offense is worse without Garrett btw was still the right move btw, now get rid of everyone.

Reaction Score
Fair take, @navery12.

My guess was 6-8 wins with a slight chance of making the playoffs with how unimpressive the NFC East projected to be.

Yet another year of watching games with the idea in the back of your mind that you are totally fine if they lose for draft pick reasons. I hate it, but that's the reality.

I watched the game yesterday w/ my nephew and brother-in-law, both Eagles fans (long story why BIL is an Eagles fan). Honestly, going into the game, I wanted Fromm to play well (didn't happen) wanted a close game (good first half, I guess) but I wouldn't have been passionately angry if the Giants lost. I freakin' hate that.

Moving on, hopefully the Bears keep losing too. Is it fair to say that based on value & need we go OL and DL w/ the first round picks? Seems like a no brainer to me, but the Giants suck at drafted, so who knows what the heck will happen. I'm totally on board w/ both picks being OL too, if the value is there.

Also, yet another game where Booker outplayed Barkley. I'm excited the Giants are on the hook for Barkley next year at 7.2 million, but I'm totally on board w/ seeing what we can get for him on the trade market because I do not want to extend him past 2022.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't home for Belichick be Baltimore? His father was on the Navy staff and he got his first football job from the Colts.

Seems that Belichick already works for the organization he loves, and at 70 years old, my guess is that he doesn't want to build from the substructure. I think he wants the wins record. Especially since Shula was such a dink about him publicly.

He isn't going anywhere. He loves Annapolis, but has a house in Hingham on Black Rock country club and one on Nantucket. He's a local now.

I know this may not make sense to Giants fans, and I am no expert on the team, but football is almost the opposite of the NBA. Stars cost more than they are worth in most cases. I think Judge can win. I even think Jones can win. If they want to draft another QB, fine, but I'd trade the other 1st back and get more picks. Certainly would not trade up. If you can convince Jones to take say a 3 year contract at less than the $21M his option is for, you may need to do that. Get DL help. EDGE help. OL help. EDGE and OL are the strengths of the draft it seems. Among the QBs, I am partial to Corral, but none of them stand out as can't miss guys. Have to build depth on both lines. The quality of your 4th guard and 4th DE matters.

Reaction Score
I know this may not make sense to Giants fans, and I am no expert on the team, but football is almost the opposite of the NBA. Stars cost more than they are worth in most cases. I think Judge can win. I even think Jones can win. If they want to draft another QB, fine, but I'd trade the other 1st back and get more picks. Certainly would not trade up. If you can convince Jones to take say a 3 year contract at less than the $21M his option is for, you may need to do that. Get DL help. EDGE help. OL help. EDGE and OL are the strengths of the draft it seems. Among the QBs, I am partial to Corral, but none of them stand out as can't miss guys. Have to build depth on both lines. The quality of your 4th guard and 4th DE matters.
All fair points.

With two picks likely within the top-10 the Giants do have an intriguing opportunity to trade down to a QB desperate team in the middle of the 1st round.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He isn't going anywhere. He loves Annapolis, but has a house in Hingham on Black Rock country club and one on Nantucket. He's a local now.

I understand he loved his time with the Giants, but he also had Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks on his defense for all but three seasons of their collective careers. I just looked at the starting Giants' defense and the only name I recognize is Logan Ryan, and only because he is a former Patriot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom