2021 New England Patriots Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 New England Patriots Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So, about the same as Brady, Cousins etc. and ahead of Josh Allen and Tua, all with no time to throw and a terrible offensive play caller. Throwing a accurate deep ball was what he was known for coming out of college.

I don’t know if Mac will become a legit #1 next year, but I certainly can’t treat this season as a fair evaluation.

Reaction Score
He threw a perfect deep ball to Thornton, who dropped it. He‘s quite an accurate deep ball passer, as he was at Bama, the problem is getting him time.
Sure any guy drafted can hit a deep ball once in a while

It’s how unreliable he is. It’s just who he is. And it’s not going to get better. He’s just not athletic enough for the NFL. You don’t need to hold on to him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Sure any guy drafted can hit a deep ball once in a while

It’s how unreliable he is. It’s just who he is. And it’s not going to get better. He’s just not athletic enough for the NFL. You don’t need to hold on to him.
Huh? He’s far more athletic than Tom Brady. I’m not sure if he’s the guy, but moving on would be stupid in the extreme. Rumor is that Bill O’Brien will probably be back. I’ll wait to see how that plays out.

Reaction Score
Huh? He’s far more athletic than Tom Brady. I’m not sure if he’s the guy, but moving on would be stupid in the extreme. Rumor is that Bill O’Brien will probably be back. I’ll wait to see how that plays out.
Tom Brady is different. Come on.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Tom Brady is different. Come on.
You mentioned athleticism. Mac Jones has a similar 40 time to Mahomes. Brady is worse than some offensive linemen. Brady’s arm strength early in his career was lousy. He built it up.

The problem is that Jones is fighting a lousy offense. He should have gone along with it as Zappe did, but he realizes how bad it is. Bill knows and Patricia is will be gone. O’Brien will come in and it will work.

Reaction Score
You mentioned athleticism. Mac Jones has a similar 40 time to Mahomes. Brady is worse than some offensive linemen. Brady’s arm strength early in his career was lousy. He built it up.

The problem is that Jones is fighting a lousy offense. He should have gone along with it as Zappe did, but he realizes how bad it is. Bill knows and Patricia is will be gone. O’Brien will come in and it will work.
What is Jones missing that Brady had?

You’re blaming Patricia on all this? The kid can’t play. I acknowledge I guess it may be a lot of eye test but it’s been multiple years and like 30 games

What will it take for you to decide he isn’t the guy?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Please tell me you don't think Mac and Mahomes are similar in terms of athleticism???

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Please tell me you don't think Mac and Mahomes are similar in terms of athleticism???
Their 40 times are similar is all I said. Jones is closer to Mahomes than to Brady, who is unbelievably slow. Mahomes has crazy balance and can make unbelievable off platform throws. Jones is about average for an NFL QB. As to when I decide he's not the guy @Rocktheworld, if he performs badly with a real offensive staff and system next year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Defense is among the best in the NFL, and played well despite having almost no available CBs. Amazing really. Offense continues to be an enigma. Against Miami, Patricia seemed to be responding to the critics, almost no screens, even where screens would be smart. Didn't run the ball, even where running the ball would be smart. Didn't throw for 4 years and 3rd and 8, took shots for 30 instead. I don't know about others, but stupid aggressive offense isn't better than stupid conservative offense. The answer to not throwing short on 3rd down isn't to throw bombs. The answer on 3rd and 1 is to run the damned ball, not throw a deep ball.

Now a bizarre game situation unfolds. In Buffalo, where they are dealing with the Hamlin injury, plus a critical game they didn't play. Is it a forfeit? Do they play Sunday or forfeit? The NFL says this week is played as scheduled, but the Pats did not send their assistant coaches to a regular media meeting today. Something is up.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The NFL says this week is played as scheduled, but the Pats did not send their assistant coaches to a regular media meeting today. Something is up.
Coaches media (un)availability is probably out of deference to the Hamlin situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom