2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score

The Athletic connect-the-dot candidates for FIU;
  • Appalachian State OC Frank Ponce
  • Oregon associate head coach/offensive line coach Alex Mirabal
  • North Carolina outside linebackers coach/special teams coordinator Jovan Dewitt
  • Florida State senior defensive analyst Randy Shannon
  • UCF Co OC Tim Harris Jr.
  • Miami (Fla.) OC Rhett Lashlee
  • Texas A&M TE Coach James Coley

Ice Harris would be a great pickup for them

Reaction Score
Ice Harris would be a great pickup for them
Yup… the gist of the names are Florida/Miami history/contacts.

“UCF co-offensive coordinator Tim Harris Jr. was on the FIU staff from 2015 to ’20 as the program rebounded under Davis. Harris was promoted to offensive coordinator before Gus Malzahn hired him away to UCF. Before FIU, Harris coached at legendary Booker T. Washington High School in Miami, replacing his father as head coach in 2014 and winning the state championship and state division coach of the year honors. Harris ran track at Miami (Fla.) and was a four-time All-American.”

Reaction Score
FOMO… everyone in the pool.

-> Director of Athletics Whit Babcock announced on Tuesday that Virginia Tech and head football coach Justin Fuente have mutually agreed to part ways. Babcock indicated that a national search is underway to fill the position. J.C. Price will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the 2021 season. <-

Reaction Score

Early names for VaTech:
  • Coastal Carolina head coach Jamey Chadwell
  • Louisiana head coach Billy Napier
  • Wake Forest head coach Dave Clawson
  • Texas A&M DC Mike Elko
  • SMU head coach Sonny Dykes
  • Clemson OC Tony Elliott
  • Clemson DC Brent Venables

Reaction Score
Little bit shocked about Fuente, he seemed like a good coach. I also can't believe he's been there 6 years already.

Reaction Score
Little bit shocked about Fuente, he seemed like a good coach. I also can't believe he's been there 6 years already.
Hard to believe he is only 45 and he has been a head coach for 10 years. I sat behind the VT bench when they played BC almost 2 weeks ago and sat next to some VT fans. It was pretty clear that the VT players had no emotion and it looked like they didn't want to be there. VT's offense was really bad, which I was shocked to see. They have lost tons of players through the portal and their recruiting classes have not been that good. In 2012, VT got 12 of the top 25 HS recruits in Virginia. In 2020, they got 1.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another reason the Mora hire makes sense: folks like Moorhead would be crazy to commit to anything right now when more and better jobs keep opening.
Yeah- with huge money

Reaction Score
Me too - thought it was a great hire. He will land on his feet, he is a good coach. He worked miracles at Memphis.

Reaction Score
Another reason the Mora hire makes sense: folks like Moorhead would be crazy to commit to anything right now when more and better jobs keep opening.
It’s why I warmed up to the hire a little - if UCONN was waiting to try and get a current coach they would be competing with schools with better situations and deeper pockets.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Hard to believe he is only 45 and he has been a head coach for 10 years. I sat behind the VT bench when they played BC almost 2 weeks ago and sat next to some VT fans. It was pretty clear that the VT players had no emotion and it looked like they didn't want to be there. VT's offense was really bad, which I was shocked to see. They have lost tons of players through the portal and their recruiting classes have not been that good. In 2012, VT got 12 of the top 25 HS recruits in Virginia. In 2020, they got 1.
No one wants to be at BC.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I wonder if they are interested in Shane Beamer. He has done ok this year, but only has 10 head coaching games under his belt. I would think they wish he had more experience, but the Beamer name will be hard to say no to.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Feels like might be able to sell Mora the way things are going..,..but that is not happening

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many coaches do well in the AAC and then struggle or flop at their next job. Fuente, Frost, Herman, Norvell, Butch Davis, all seemed to be can't miss rising star coaches.

The only ex Big East /AAC coach that has really made a name for himself at his next job is Brian Kelly at ND. Am I missing any?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom