2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
WTH. Riley finished his tenure at Oklahoma with a 55–10 record and the highest winning percentage in the history of coaches at the OU program. He made 3 trips to playoffs. Quite the decline.
I'd die for those numbers at UConn... heck, 90% of FBS would... but a bit of a deeper dive shows that they have regressed a bit (admittedly I'm nit-picking here but the Big 12 isn't the same as it was 5-6 years ago when Baylor/TCU were national powers... it's been pretty setup for them to make the playoffs every year and they have missed it the last two.)

2017: Playoff 1 regular season loss, not his players, better Big 12 than current big 12 (better baylor, won in freakin' columbus)
2018: Playoff... 1 regular season loss...another great season..
2019: Playoff... loss to Kansas State though... still, i'll take it... mostly his players at this point too...
2020: Weird year, two losses, can kinda write this one off though.. lost to Kansas state again... keep in mind baylor isn't as good anymore, nor is TCU
2021: two losses, lost rivalry game, didn't make Big 12 championship

I just don't think it's good to leave a place where the entire community is live-or-die football like Normal, or Lincoln or Ann Arbor... for a place where, yeah, there's a ton of talent, but USC's stadium is half-full most of the time now.

Reaction Score
I doubt that BL needs defending and normally I prefer poking fun at attorneys (as opposed to supporting them) but I don't see how anyone can claim that the writing was on the wall for B12 expansion (it took the loss of their two most valuable assets).

A few years back that conference went through the motions of looking at expansion candidates and determined that no available (AAC) school provided value equivalent to the share of revenue they would take. There was mo reason for anyone to believe that they would try again when they did without needing to replace a loss in membership.
They kept the name the Big12 and only have 10 teams. Of course they were going to expand and the most likely candidates were the top two AAC teams who were dying to get in. So at least the two best teams from the AAC would be gone. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They kept the name the Big12 and only have 10 teams. Of course they were going to expand and the most likely candidates were the top two AAC teams who were dying to get in. So at least the two best teams from the AAC would be gone. It doesn't take a genius to see that.
Are you sure you want to die on that hill?

The Big Ten hasn't had ten members in nearly three and a half decades. The Big Twelve, after losing Nebraska, Colorado, A&M and Missouri, then adding TCU and WVU has held steady at ten for nearly a decade. They did legitimately look into expansion a few years back and saw no benefit. If they weren't in the process of losing two schools they would not have expanded.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you want to die on that hill?

The Big Ten hasn't had ten members in nearly three and a half decades. The Big Twelve, after losing Nebraska, Colorado, A&M and Missouri, then adding TCU and WVU has held steady at ten for nearly a decade. They did legitimately look into expansion a few years back and saw no benefit. If they weren't in the process of losing two schools they would not have expanded.
You obviously do not know anything about the history of the Big12, formerly known as the Big 6, Big 7, and Big 8.

The Big 10 had been the big 10 for 5 decades and before they added anyone and kept the name. The Big12 has been all over the place, along with the PAC 12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is pure comedy.
I have to give all the credit to Medic. If he wouldn't editorialize things :D with comments like "Dodd sticking w/ his same old narrative" and would just stick to linking the facts (LOL, ;) ), he wouldn't have been a firestarter once again (;) thank you Medic for all you provide for Husky Nation)... but I'd guess somehow your smirkin' at it all and the traffic you drive....with a big assist to BL.

Reaction Score
I really don't get his criteria. How is Joe Moorhead a B-?

How is that not an A? Who would be better that they could get?

It doesn't feel like a lot of critical thinking was used for these grades.
It's a B because it's Akron and not a P5. Had he stayed at Oregon after Cristobal left, it would have been an A+. Dude is little dumping on everyone that isn't in the Old Boy's Club.

Reaction Score
Truly unbelievable. It was stated (not by me) that our preference was to leave the AAC in basketball and not in football, and still some are arguing that we did leave because of football.

You can’t teach stupid.
True, but I'm sure getting more regional games (UMass, Army, Temple NC State, Virginia) helps with travel expenses and getting buy games helps getting more money for the program than what the putrid AAC TV paywall contract could provide. Overall I think it was a net positive move for the entire AD.

Reaction Score
True, but I'm sure getting more regional games (UMass, Army, Temple NC State, Virginia) helps with travel expenses and getting buy games helps getting more money for the program than what the putrid AAC TV paywall contract could provide. Overall I think it was a net positive move for the entire AD.
You're arguing the move will end up being good for football. I'm not disagreeing with you. No one is disagreeing with you. That doesn't change the fact that UConn made the decision to protect hoops.

Reaction Score
You're arguing the move will end up being good for football. I'm not disagreeing with you. No one is disagreeing with you. That doesn't change the fact that UConn made the decision to protect hoops.
I wasn't arguing that. It 100% was to protect BBall, because AAC TV deal was gonna bury the program behind ESPN's paywall. I was more expanding on your thought process more than anything else. I didn't mean to come off any other way but that.

Reaction Score
I have to give all the credit to Medic. If he wouldn't editorialize things :D with comments like "Dodd sticking w/ his same old narrative" and would just stick to linking the facts (LOL, ;) ), he wouldn't have been a firestarter once again (;) thank you Medic for all you provide for Husky Nation)... but I'd guess somehow your smirkin' at it all and the traffic you drive....with a big assist to BL.
This is where you're completely wrong. It's not the fact that @huskymedic provided the tweet, it's that people feel the need to react and express an opinion on everything. Sometimes saying nothing is the best reaction.

Reaction Score
This is where you're completely wrong. It's not the fact that @huskymedic provided the tweet, it's that people feel the need to react and express an opinion on everything. Sometimes saying nothing is the best reaction.
Ah yes indeed, Good luck with that on this site and then you should probably tell BL to stop drawing first blood....;)
...and BTW my comment wasn't meant to be serious to dumb it down for ya.

Reaction Score
Ah yes indeed, Good luck with that on this site and then you should probably tell BL to stop drawing first blood....;)
...and BTW my comment wasn't meant to be serious to dumb it down for ya.
I could have responded to any number of posts, but I figured that I'd respond to yours because I didn't think you were smart enough to be offended by whatever I wrote. I was half right...

Reaction Score
I could have responded to any number of posts, but I figured that I'd respond to yours because I didn't think you were smart enough to be offended by whatever I wrote. I was half right...
Well then you should have probably just followed your own advice and stayed on topic....but here we go again, LOL !

Reaction Score
Here's a possible move with a guy who ties into some of Uconn's staff. Besides working for Mora's successor, Frye also spent time at BC when Nick Charlton was just getting into coaching as a GA:

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Of course we left the AAC to save hoop. That it was the best move for FB as well was an added benefit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom