2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn

Reaction Score
Her height has been report at 5'11"", 6', 6'1", and 6'2". Onesite has her at 6' then later in the article reports her as being 6'2". Her rankings are all over the place as well.

Blue Star -- rank overall #7
ESPN -- 5'10" ranked #41 overall and #15 as guard
NEGR -- 6'1"
Gatorade -- 6'2"
Prospects Nation -- 6'1" ranked #23 overall and #8 as guard
Maxpreps -- 6'2"
So I think her ranking is all over the place because she had injuries in both her freshman and sophomore seasons. This year as a junior has been the first year she has had a full season. She lit it up this season so I think when the ranking folks fully assess her junior year and of course the UConn bump, she should move into the 20s and then with a good senior year she should move into the teens. It's been said that some services are biased and under value north east players due to their coverage so Blue Star is probably the better gauge for her right now since as others have said it is a east coast focused service.

Anecdotally I think Geno's targets often align closely with Blue Star rankings. Has anyone done an analysis of which service is most aligned with Geno's targeting?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Ask Geno about ratings and AA's.It is not the ratings or the accolades.It is the desire and tenacity the player has,and the UConn way about her.He must believe the building blocks are there and that she is well worth the offer.I would not worry about her place in someone's ratings.
I know that. You took my post too seriously. Did you not notice the emoji at the end of it?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Edited because I'm greedy and truly because I want to make UCONN bad for WCBB again!
Fudd 1/2
Ducharme 2/1
Saylor 3/2
Iriafen 4/5
DeBerry 5/4
I doubt if your greed will pay off on this one, the fourth one you listed.

Reaction Score
I need to find her videos and look for evidence that she can use her left hand.

She is an absolute sniper as far out as NBA range, with one of the quickest releases I have ever seen! She could average 12 a game just off jump shots!

Reaction Score
Six-minute audio clip from Brandon Clay talking about Ducharme at the link.

The No. 23 ranked player in the 2021 class chose the Huskies over finalists Boston College, North Carolina, Oregon, Oregon State and Tennessee.

CLAY’S TAKE

Ducharme brings a versatile scorer to the lineup in Storrs. With a projected roster full of diverse puzzle pieces, her presence gives the Huskies someone who can take advantage of catch and shoot chances at a 30-plus percent clip while also attacking off the drive too. Ducharme’s length, bounce and athleticism allow her to be a solid option on the other end of the hardwood as well. She is the type of prospect who is going to be the first one in the gym, weight room and recovery center for preventative treatment. Ducharme has all the intangibles that it takes to survive the sharpening of the iron that happens early in your career on campus in Storrs

You don't win championships without a Caroline Ducharrme type of player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You don't win championships without a Caroline Ducharrme type of player.
1585936971873.png

Reaction Score
So would someone like to help me out by taking a stab at the starting line-up in 21/22 and 22/23 based on the kids we've recruited so far?

My head's spinning with all the new names!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So would someone like to help me out by taking a stab at the starting line-up in 21/22 and 22/23 based on the kids we've recruited so far?

LOL. Have you seen any of the threads earlier before Megan left debating the starters for next year? There was some consensus, but a great deal of disagreement about whether or not Paige would start over Anna or Evina.

Barring anyone leaving early like Megan did, the best most of us can do for now is give the list of players we will have based on years eligibility...

SR: none
JR: Westbrook, Williams, Nelson-Ododa
SO: Griffin, Makurat
FR: Bueckers, Muhl, McLean, Gabriel, Edwards
2021: DeBerry, Poffenbarger, Ducharme
2022: Brady

I expect Geno to land at least 1 more in 2021. It is logical to think that IF he lands Fudd, that completely changes who would be a starter going forward. HOWEVER... Given that we have no seniors next year, I would GUESS starters for the next 2 years will be:

Bueckers, Westbrook, Williams, Makurat, Nelson-Ododa...

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

Geno- Hey, Doug. Howya doin?
Bruno- Good, man. Howabout you?
Geno- OK, Thanks. Hey, Doug, I need some advice on this substitution thing you do. Ya know, five out, five in? Talk to me about how that works.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Naming the starter kind of misses the point, which is these teams will run deep in talent.
Depth Chart. The first name listed is my projected starter and this depth only includes the committed players.

21/22
C: Olivia/Piath
PF: Aaliyah/Amari
SF: Evina*/Anna/Aubrey/Mir
SG: Christyn/Saylor/Caroline
PG: Paige/Nika

22/23
C: Amari/Piath
PF:Ice/Mir
SF:Aaliyah/Anna*/Aubrey
SG:Saylor/Caroline
PG: Paige/Nika

* Indicates the player has an option to turn pro prior to the start of this season.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom