2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2021 Caroline Ducharme to UConn

Reaction Score
I never said she couldn't make layups, only that she missed too many of them. Easy ones. Obviously not enough to damage her shooting %. At the college level uncontested layups should be made at a 95%+ rate. So 70% is a poor number but will make you appear to be a great shooter. Her role was as a freshman, stand in the corner and shoot 3's. My point was that for a 6'3" player her inside game wasn't at the AA standards of her outside game. Is that an insult? It's certainly a criticism but hardly insulting to say that that part of her game wasn't AA stuff? Who did shoot well inside? KML for one. She could be doubled down low but always seemed to flip the ball off the glass with just the right spin.

Another poor inside shooter? Tina Charles. Until her senior year that is. I'd guess that maybe half her offensive rebounds were from her own misses during her first 2 years. Is that an insult or a critique?

So in your opinion you honestly think Tina Charles was a poor interior finisher and KML was a good interior finisher? could be the most bizarre take I’ve ever heard on here

Reaction Score
NEPSAC is taking over. Especially on the boys side. The best girls CT player (verballed to BC) last year left Trumbull for a Fairchester school. Sad to say, but these private schools, most of them boarding schools, have alot more to offer. Kids are leaving the public/Catholic schools to attend the NEPSAC institutions.
Connecticut schools overall been weak in high school girls basketball for years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So in your opinion you honestly think Tina Charles was a poor interior finisher and KML was a good interior finisher? could be the most bizarre take I’ve ever heard on here

I never said that. I said that KML made most of her inside shots, including the tough ones. But she didn't attempt many. As for Charles, it is commonly accepted that her game awoke in January of her junior year. Up till then she spent quite a lot of minutes sitting on the bench. Her "efficiency" was pretty good. When she got position down low she scored at a high rate, it's just that it would take 2 or 3 chances before the shot fell. She also likely had 12-15 chances to score while KML was lucky to have 2 low post chances in a game. So yeah, KML hit at a higher rate but no, she was not a better interior scorer.

Reaction Score
First, passing phys Ed was required at one of the schools I attended. And just for the record, when I attended UConn they had a Phys Ed course called basketball, one named football, and many others about various other sports. Where did you go to school and did they have a Phys Ed major? And no, it wasn't UNC I attended and I took that comment as a personal attack and insult. This is the second time you have attacked me for one of my posts. You must be either an imposing physical presense or else you keep your thoughts quiet when you are in the presense of others where you can spew your smart-alec insults hiding behind a screen-name.
It wasn't about me? How can you say that? It was most definitely about me and I have had it with you and your obnoxious posts. Why you haven't been banned for your insulting comments is beyond me.
Learned left and right handed layups in second grade. Shot foul shots both hands before Jr. High School. Taught 10 and under layups when I was a freshman in HS. Good Memories!

Reaction Score
If Hunter was healthy Tina would have sat alot her first 2 years.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Can a mod please put this once celebratory thread out of its misery? It has wandered far off topic to the point of no return.
I kinda agree. This is supposed to be a thread discussing/celebrating/analyzing Caroline Ducharme's commitment tu UConn and it certainly took a left turn. Would seem a shame however to close down a thread to discuss a new commitment. Rather I'd ask those involved in the side discussion to take it elsewhere please. Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
You spent a lot of effort to explain the advantage of 3 pt shooting. I understand & agree. But I was talking about KLS's layup efficiency, which wasn't anywhere near as efficient as her outside shooting. She missed a lot of easy layups. Most of her problem was the same as many players, she was too strong off the backboard.
She wasn't the first UConn player to miss a lot of layups. Another was Tina Charles who spent 2.5 seasons taking 3 shots to make one layup. As even Geno stated, her rebounding stats were inflated by her rebounding her own misses.
Players who didn't miss layups? Moore, Collier & KML are three.

All 3 of the players you mentioned missed layups. Go back and watch the tape.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You spent a lot of effort to explain the advantage of 3 pt shooting. I understand & agree. But I was talking about KLS's layup efficiency, which wasn't anywhere near as efficient as her outside shooting. She missed a lot of easy layups. Most of her problem was the same as many players, she was too strong off the backboard.
She wasn't the first UConn player to miss a lot of layups. Another was Tina Charles who spent 2.5 seasons taking 3 shots to make one layup. As even Geno stated, her rebounding stats were inflated by her rebounding her own misses.
Players who didn't miss layups? Moore, Collier & KML are three.

If collier didn’t miss layups uconn would have at least one more title. Probably 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom