2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yup. If you ever venture to the UNC boards, they are all the time referring to NC State as either Moo U or Cow College.
Definitely have this dynamic in the Northwest w/ Washington/Washington St. and Oregon/Oregon St. Location plays a big role too. There is a contrast between Eugene and Corvallis, but Seattle and Pullman might as well be on different planets.

Reaction Score
Definitely have this dynamic in the Northwest w/ Washington/Washington St. and Oregon/Oregon St. Location plays a big role too. There is a contrast between Eugene and Corvallis, but Seattle and Pullman might as well be on different planets.
Truth be told, during the spring at Oregon State (my alma mater) you can smell the MOO when the wind blows. The rest of the commentary from @triaddukefan & @nwhoopfan is spot on.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A few years ago I heard, probably on All Things Considered or Morning Edition, an interview with a pair of friends, one of whom was an Oregon fan, the other an OSU fan. The interviewer asked the OSU fan if he knew the UO fight song. He said, “I dunno — AFLAC?” I just about drove off the road.

Reaction Score
I hope the Coyotes make some noise in the postseason. I wouldn’t want to be the 3 or 4 or 5 seed playing them.

I’m a little surprised South Dakota State didn’t make the top 44.

I think the injury to Selland is key to the jackrabbits not making the top 44. They fell off badly after she got injured so it all depends on if she comes back to form this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A few years ago I heard, probably on All Things Considered or Morning Edition, an interview with a pair of friends, one of whom was an Oregon fan, the other an OSU fan. The interviewer asked the OSU fan if he knew the UO fight song. He said, “I dunno — AFLAC?” I just about drove off the road.
It's not UNC-Duke or Kentucky-Louisville, etc. but the long standing hatred between OSU and UO is still considerable. On OSU's message board they often won't refer to the Ducks by name, they call them tsdtr (that school down the road), the Quacks, the Zeroes (their O can easily be mistake for a 0), the Holes, and worse. I'm sure Oregon has similar disrespectful names for OSU.

Reaction Score
only a few question marks remain

SEC (9) -- 44 MsSt, 36 Miss, 31 Ga, 29 Ark, 24 LSU, 20 TAMU, 16 Tenn
. So Car, Tenn, Ky
ACC (7) -- 39 Duke, 26 VaT, 23 ND, 21 GaT, 19 FSU
. NCSt, Lou
PAC (7) -- 43 Col, 40 AzSt, 22 Ariz, 18 OreSt, 17 UCLA
. Stan, Ore
BiG (7) -- 37 MichSt, 35 NWern
. Md, Iowa, Mich, Indi / RU ?
B12 (5) -- 41 OkSt, 34 Tex
. Bay, IaSt / WV ?
BgE (3) -- 42 Marq, 28 DeP
. UConn
WCC (2) -- 38 Gonz, 32 BYU
Oth (4) -- 33 FGCU, 30 MoSt, 27 USF, 25 SoDak

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well its usually a Public School that was created to focus on studies like engineering, agriculture, science, architecture, the vet sciences. Typically they are the leading blue-collar public schools, the schools for the common folk, the salt of the earth citizens. So instead of the uppity people that go to schools like UVA, UNC, Ole Miss, and U of South Carolina.... the land grants of VPI, NC State, Miss State, and Clemson are the schools for the down to earth types. The Uppity Flagships look down on the Land Grants.... as Moo U's.

If you want an more unbiased look.. :p

Land-grant university - Wikipedia

If you see a school with a State or A&M in the name... chances are its a Land-Grant. The Act of 1890 helped establish HBCU Land Grants. In some states, the Flagship is also the Land Grant. Schools like UCONN, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Rutgers, Arizona.
Am I the only one who finds it somewhat ironic that a fan of a quintessentially upper-crust school like Duke is claiming the mantle of "common folk" and "salt of the earth" in the land-grant vs. flagship question?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who finds it somewhat ironic that a fan of a quintessentially upper-crust school like Duke is claiming the mantle of "common folk" and "salt of the earth" in the land-grant vs. flagship question?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
No way LSU should be that high.
LSU returned their core team and added talented freshmen. Outside their losing season. They won some big games. They loss some bad games as well. But that was Nikki fault. How the team will perform with Kim is a question mark. But she is definitely working with a team though.

I do respect the AP top 25 votes we have more than this btw.

Reaction Score
too high to start the season but will definitely be a top 25 team by the end of the year. I’m really high on Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron.
Citron was really good complement on team USA. Be interesting to see if she can star.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom