2021-22 25 team FBS playoff simulation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021-22 25 team FBS playoff simulation

Reaction Score
So not that much different than a four team playoff.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
not the only one. Some great games like the Rose showed what college bowl games can be.
I half-agree with you. The current 1/2 a$$ed model is a joke. Either go full playoff model like every other level of football seems to be able to manage or go back to the old AP/UPI beauty contest. At least then the powers that be couldn't use the current nonsense system for cover.
I don’t know if it’s the super high scoring games and atrocious defense or the conferences switching around.

But the BCS usually got it right for the top two teams. College football usually only has 1-3 dominant teams per year. The semifinals of the CFP are always blowouts. As far as I’m concerned ESPN and NCAA devalued the entire bowl season - the players don’t care anymore either. You see more and more opting out for these pointless games.

Reaction Score
So not that much different than a four team playoff.
For Bama it’s not, the final four was more eventful though. Pitt- Bama turned into the defacto title game. Pitt and Utah State, and I guess Ole Miss had their one shining moment.

Reaction Score
For Bama it’s not, the final four was more eventful though. Pitt- Bama turned into the defacto title game. Pitt and Utah State, and I guess Ole Miss had their one shining moment.
I guess I was hoping for anyone but Bama.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I don’t know if it’s the super high scoring games and atrocious defense or the conferences switching around.

But the BCS usually got it right for the top two teams. College football usually only has 1-3 dominant teams per year. The semifinals of the CFP are always blowouts. As far as I’m concerned ESPN and NCAA devalued the entire bowl season - the players don’t care anymore either. You see more and more opting out for these pointless games.
I don't disagree with any of your observations, but I believe a fully developed 8 or 16 team playoff would mitigate a lot of those issues. More players would play in meaningful playoff games that could lead to a championship. I also believe talent would distribute out to evenly to more programs that had a legitimate shot at a playoff birth. This in turn would ameliorate the lack-of-parity problem.

In this respect 16 teams would be better than 8. It would just become a question of whether college players should play a potentially 17 game season.

Reaction Score
Is anyone gonna simulate their own tournament you can use mine as a guide or at least the 25 or 16 team playoff.

Reaction Score
Is anyone gonna simulate their own tournament you can use mine as a guide or at least the 25 or 16 team playoff.
So it looks like you re-seeded the teams after each round. Not a big fan of that. It gives a major advantage to the higher ranked teams. Because of that Bama never played any tough games. Ole Miss was their highest ranked opponent @ #8. I much prefer a bracket set up and then followed through.

Fun exercise, though. Thanks for doing it.

Reaction Score
So it looks like you re-seeded the teams after each round. Not a big fan of that. It gives a major advantage to the higher ranked teams. Because of that Bama never played any tough games. Ole Miss was their highest ranked opponent @ #8. I much prefer a bracket set up and then followed through.

Fun exercise, though. Thanks for doing it.

My reasoning for reseeding is rewarding teams for being ranked higher so no can say that it takes away from the regular season. I’ll try simulating through. I’ll do the top 16 like a March madness bracket.

I have been trying to do simulations from 1996 to today with the reseeding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom