2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 86 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nice job with the list huskymedic.. Down to the final 2... Everyone's pretty much accounted for...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hoping we're still keeping tabs on him... "same dream different path"

Both Spanos & Weiss have Southern California past. How does a Georgia kid from a smaller town end up at Fullerton ... someone opens doors. It’s possible. Plus other Programs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No idea his source..... stars and traffic intersect

Reaction Score
No idea his source..... stars and traffic intersect

Why. He has a 247 tie. Why would he publicly post something like that unless he’s making a underlying point. Ratings are a positive correlation variable to dollars spent.

Reaction Score
And I imagine next year's class may even be better as more future schedule dates are filled.

I really think Independence can be a great recruiting tool - the only schools that will play more P5 games than UConn are teams in a P5 or BYU/ND.
I've been echoing the same thoughts myself when the Independent announcement was made. UConn should become a National brand. It's good exposure and should certainly help in recruiting.

Reaction Score
And I imagine next year's class may even be better as more future schedule dates are filled.

I really think Independence can be a great recruiting tool - the only schools that will play more P5 games than UConn are teams in a P5 or BYU/ND.

Agree with both of you. The elephant in the room is coming up with the money to pay competitive salary for a competent staff. This isn't going to happen on the cheap.

Reaction Score
At the signing day function RE said that when practice starts in August they would have over 100 guys practicing. I think he actually said 105. Assume we will be hearing more names.

Reaction Score
At the signing day function RE said that when practice starts in August they would have over 100 guys practicing. I think he actually said 105. Assume we will be hearing more names.
That sounds like A LOT more names.

Reaction Score
Saw this in Silver's newsletter this morning: Handley's Devontae Houston says yes to UConn

>>That profile on 247sports.com describes a player who is 5-10 and 163 lbs. He’s a 2-star recruit, the 3,584th-ranked player in the country, the 236th-best running back and the 129th best player in Alabama. The profile doesn’t even have Houston’s picture, just a faceless digital image of a generic football player to serve as a placeholder where his picture should be. That’s not the typical description of a player who receives a full scholarship offer from a school that plays at the highest level of college football.

But Houston defied the odds on national signing day Wednesday when he accepted just such an offer, to play running back and slot receiver for the University of Connecticut.

You see, there’s a number that’s not on that recruiting profile that is probably the most important number in the low-key recruitment of Devontae Houston. That number is 4.4 – the number under which Devontae Houston has been consistently timed in the 40-yard dash.<<

>>“I got discouraged a lot through this process because I was working every day trying to get better. Colleges weren’t reaching out to me, and I was really fixing to give up,” he said. “But I just kept going. All of my teammates were like, brother, keep going, you’re going to be great. I just went to the field every day, kept working and UConn popped up. They believed in me. That’s all I needed was somebody to believe in me.”

Houston has left his mark on Handley after he set the school record for single-season rushing yards (2,494) and touchdowns (29) and earned first-team all-state honors for his efforts following his just-completed senior season.

And with that sub-4.4 speed and an intense determination to succeed, Houston’s coach thinks his new school will be pleasantly surprised. “Devontae got a great deal,” Strain said. “But I think UConn’s the one that got the deal by signing him.”<<

Reaction Score
Saw this in Silver's newsletter this morning: Handley's Devontae Houston says yes to UConn

>>That profile on 247sports.com describes a player who is 5-10 and 163 lbs. He’s a 2-star recruit, the 3,584th-ranked player in the country, the 236th-best running back and the 129th best player in Alabama. The profile doesn’t even have Houston’s picture, just a faceless digital image of a generic football player to serve as a placeholder where his picture should be. That’s not the typical description of a player who receives a full scholarship offer from a school that plays at the highest level of college football.

But Houston defied the odds on national signing day Wednesday when he accepted just such an offer, to play running back and slot receiver for the University of Connecticut.

You see, there’s a number that’s not on that recruiting profile that is probably the most important number in the low-key recruitment of Devontae Houston. That number is 4.4 – the number under which Devontae Houston has been consistently timed in the 40-yard dash.<<

>>“I got discouraged a lot through this process because I was working every day trying to get better. Colleges weren’t reaching out to me, and I was really fixing to give up,” he said. “But I just kept going. All of my teammates were like, brother, keep going, you’re going to be great. I just went to the field every day, kept working and UConn popped up. They believed in me. That’s all I needed was somebody to believe in me.”

Houston has left his mark on Handley after he set the school record for single-season rushing yards (2,494) and touchdowns (29) and earned first-team all-state honors for his efforts following his just-completed senior season.

And with that sub-4.4 speed and an intense determination to succeed, Houston’s coach thinks his new school will be pleasantly surprised. “Devontae got a great deal,” Strain said. “But I think UConn’s the one that got the deal by signing him.”<<
I agree with Strain... We've had success at RB with guys like Lyle McCombs, Andre Dixon, TERRY MCAULLEY... This young man kinda fits moreso what today's all purpose backs are like. Get him in the weight room (get up to like 185-190 GOOD lbs in a few years) everybody will really know about him. I can see him sneaking up on folks for us this year...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I agree with Strain... We've had success at RB with guys like Lyle McCombs, Andre Dixon, TERRY MCAULLEY... This young man kinda fits moreso what today's all purpose backs are like. Get him in the weight room (get up to like 185-190 GOOD lbs in a few years) everybody will really know about him. I can see him sneaking up on folks for us this year...
I like how hungry this guy sounds. I also like how we have left if open; RB or Slot WR and he seems good with that. We have to see how he grows. He might be better suited to go the WR route and skip the physical abuse of the RB position if he stays in the lighter side.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom