2020 Olympics Should it be Cancelled/Delayed? | The Boneyard

2020 Olympics Should it be Cancelled/Delayed?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Had not thought about it until I read the below article. It might be the prudent to delay or cancell the Olympics for this Year. Don't see the IOC saying that China can't participate. Also Italy, Iran and other Countries are having problems with the CoronaVirus.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Multiple say the first vaccine is ready for testing, so I'm still optimistic that it will be under control in the next month or so.

However, I know many people would read optimistic here as foolish.

Reaction Score
Multiple say the first vaccine is ready for testing, so I'm still optimistic that it will be under control in the next month or so.

I share your optimism. In any event, Pound says there's a three month window to decide,
so let's see how it goes.

Reaction Score

Every MD I've heard comment on the earliest a vaccine will be available is 9 months to over 1 year.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Every MD I've heard comment on the earliest a vaccine will be available is 9 months to over 1 year.

If they're testing in hotbeds, then it'll help contain the spread -- that's the mindset I was using. I know it won't be widely available and the virus won't be eradicated in the next few months.

Reaction Score
We're far from a vaccine. Heck we don't have enough masks. Nothing close to a Tami-flu.
Yet it's too early to cancel things. I would think consideration should be given to a 2021 date if things get appreciably worse. Maybe in a different location. Until then just remain calm. I'll be hoarding supplies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We need to separate having a vaccine versus fully tested and being mass produced. Moderna shipped vials of its experimental vaccine to the NIH.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You don;t have to cancel but the events probably have to be closed to the public. I know that might sound weird but it allows the athletes to compete and TC to get their money. Sorry Japan.

Reaction Score
Not yet.

Right now the fear is way ahead of the virus. We'll know a lot more in May than we do at the moment. The games don't start until the July 24th. If the disease is still accelerating at the end of May, better to be safe. If the end of flu season or we begin to get effective treatments, which stall the spread of the virus, let them compete.

It's just premature to make a decision.

Reaction Score
All it will take is for the individuals & teams to beginning to refuse to attend the olympus out of fear..this will for sure alter the decision.

Reaction Score
50/50 the Olympics are canned this summer because of the virus. It also does not help that people have lost interest in the years as it has moved away from it's amateur focus and has been beset by scandals around the host cities and PED use.

Reaction Score
Swine flu killed over 3,000 Americans in 2009. 35 in Connecticut.

I don't remember anything being shut down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom