2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 96 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Why has UCONN not offered Devaun Ford of Mashpee High School
I’m curious why no one besides St. Anselm has offered him. He seems to excel in multiple sports and attended a bunch of camps (including UConn’s) but no FBS/FCS offers to speak of. Figured Syracuse would offer @ some level (PWO?) since his Dad played there...

Know he’s been to campus/game a few times in the past in addition to camp. Wonder if he would benefit from a PG year somewhere?

I guess the answer might lie in here:Devaun Ford Chooses Framingham State

>>He said that his inattention to his schoolwork during the first few years of high school cost him. “School, I caught it my junior year. I didn't know in the beginning about core GPA's and stuff like that. I just thought you had to pass,” he said. “Junior year, that's when I started getting recruited, that's when I knew, but it was too late. I did bring it up, to the point where I'm eligible.” He noted, proudly, that he was on the honor roll last quarter and said that he had been made an offer from a division I school this week. The fact that it was a place he had not visited, and that they wanted a decision sight unseen, right away, and without a scholarship offer in writing led him to decline.<<

Reaction Score
huskymedic.. you forgot that the Hinton experiment didn't work out.. He spurned us for Tulane

Reaction Score
I'm putting this one out here because A. Smith, Zyskowski, Wholley and Jake Bahr started following Prestige Edwards, 6'5'' WR from East Mecklenburg HS in Charlotte NC within the past 10 days. Edwards committed to Temple in early January only to decommit this week. Claims 4.5 speed and a 10.85 100 meter time.

HUDL tape
Senior Season!

247 page
Prestige Edwards, East Mecklenburg, Wide Receiver

Prestige Edwards #2@Pre2tige
With my top 5 being Temple, UConn, A&T, Georgia State, and Ecu. I was always asked “why did you choose A&T”. I have a plan and this is home plus I’ll take them boys over any of those teams on the field. This bout to be one hell of a journey!.HBCU>PWI #NationalDecisionDay

As far as I can tell he never held a UConn offer and the only current "UConn connection" is Jon Wholley. Besides Temple and NC A&T was Limestone College (D2)

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He had one year of eligibility left and went to a school where his only competition was a walk-on freshman.
Yeah - I didn’t understand it from the beginning because we have a punter already. But it there was an elevated amount of twitter interconnect, so I mentioned it here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hayden Jordan from University High School of Science & Engineering in Hartford CT also joining UConn football this fall. 5'8'' 162lbs WR/CB according to his HUDL profile.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hayden Jordan from University High School of Science & Engineering in Hartford CT also joining UConn football this fall. 5'8'' 162'' LB WR/CB according to his HUDL profile.
5'8'' 162''? Please tell me he runs a sub-4.4 40.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No idea on his short distance foot speed. I did look up his track times, been running the 100 meter around 12.1 - look a annual best on lower right in link.
Hayden Jordan

As for height/weight, no idea again on accuracy. He wouldnt be the first kid that failed to accurately update his weight/height on HUDL which is self reported. Sometimes those accounts are established as freshman or sophomore seasons.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW I think this is still absolutely Beaudry's job to lose this summer. However, Beaudry has an injury history and given MW's issues in the past with the program, it makes sense to have another "older" arm in house. I'd like to see them set this up as a competition between Beaudry, Leon and MW the first week of camp this summer and then go from there. Steven Krajewski will get another year under his belt behind this trio. And Zergoitis can lay low year one as a redshirt and sponge it up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FWIW I think this is still absolutely Beaudry's job to lose this summer. However, Beaudry has an injury history and given MW's issues in the past with the program, it makes sense to have another "older" arm in house. I'd like to see them set this up as a competition between Beaudry, Leon and MW the first week of camp this summer and then go from there. Steven Krajewski will get another year under his belt behind this trio.

It's a responsible add based on circumstances.

Reaction Score
He's a hitter - and you have to love that. California had that tradition; both UCLA & USC had hard tackling Safeties over time. Kenny Easley ... Rogers. Bunch. So ... me likey

Reaction Score
Good to see.. We need some more maturity on the back end of our D... PLUS, this kid has a nice football player name..
All I needed to see was the first 40 seconds and I know this kid would do wonders for our back end.

Reaction Score
Spanos + Weiss at UCLA. Direct connect to Westwood. LA Valley has been used often by the Bruins staff.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34