2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Writers,forums,people, keep referring to Connecticut always getting the best talent,and that is why they win so much.To be rated in every services top 50,you must possess talent above most of the high school girls playing organized basketball.However,all the talent you may have,means little,if you are not coached to expand on that talent and become something more.
This is why Connecticut,year after year,excels in the game of winning.They take the talent of most of their girls and mold them into much more than just talent.
Greatness comes from hard work,and our coaches do all they can to give each girl the chance to develop into the very best they can be.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The game prior to Geno's appearance was a big one for Sam Brunelle:

34 points, 14 rebounds, 10 blocks last Tuesday 1/31

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Our first confirmation of 2020 targets includes Kylee Watson. Both Watson (6-2 F, NJ) and Maddie Burke (5-10 G, Penn) made unofficial visits during the Tulsa game Sunday via Carl Adamec.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ONO is a Georgia season ticket holder and has been since she was 14-going on 3 seasons now.
Georgia would be fine with me if she goes someplace else besides UCONN. Somebody else to beat TN.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
that's true we have no way of knowing that........she doesn't say all that much on twitter.. she has and will continue to play in international competitions and national AAU tournaments........usually those who see the world this way are more open to playing away from home....we know she is extremely competitive and wants to develop her game..nothing against Georgia but there are a few other schools that might be a better choice if that is her goal
Hey don't knock GA, they just beat TN. They're ok in my book. :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I know, third-hand account and all, but occasionally people hear things. Anyway, take it with all the necessary salt.

From a VIP member of a Virginia Tech board re: Sam Brunelle:

My co-worker was at a breakfast with one of her parents and said she's all UConn.

For some reason posting a link to or mentioning the site this came from is blocked here so you'll have to take my word for it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know, third-hand account and all, but occasionally people hear things. Anyway, take it with all the necessary salt.

My co-worker was at a breakfast with one of her parents and said she's all UConn.

For some reason posting a link to or mentioning the site this came from is blocked here so you'll have to take my word for it.

Sure hope your co-worker is right!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, if you're wondering about aforementioned new potential target Maddie Burke, Blue Star has you covered.

Maddie Burke – 2020 – 5-11 – Guard / Forward – (Doylestown, PA – Philadelphia Belles 14 Burbidge) – Easily the most exciting player at this event. She has advanced skills sets that will make Top Ten college programs drool. Excellent length and can play 1 through 4. Excellent athlete who can elevate and hang for rebounds. Deep three point range with clean stroke. Can set up herself or teammates off the dribble. Plays hard and has unlimited potential.

2016 USJN Qualifier East - Bluestar Media

Maddie Burke – 2020 – 5-11 – Guard – (Philadelphia Belles 14U Burbidge)

A favorite of coaches at the event, Maddie is a standout wing whose smooth three-point stroke and quick release evoked shades of Mike Miller at Florida. She needs only one make to get hot, and she plays with fluidity and grace not seen in most college players. Not just a shooter, she has the ability to put the ball on the deck and make plays off the dribble, including finding her teammates for scores.

The New Power Generation from the 2016 Boo Williams Invitational - Bluestar Media

Maddie Burke – 2020 – 5-11 – Guard – (Doylestown, PA – Philadelphia Belles 14 Burbidge)

High-level player with the smoothest stroke in the gym. Can shoot over defenders at deep range and is a one-player zone buster. Excellent bounce in legs and glides with ball in transition. Responds when challenged by coaches.

USJN East Coast Clash - Bluestar Media

Maddie Burke – 2020 – 5-11 – G/F – Philadelphia Belles 14 – Highly regarded and well established…Makes it look easy in the mid-range as well as transition…Continues to make big plays in big games…Patience and knowledge of when to do what is ultra-impressive.

USJN Fall Finale - East - Bluestar Media

Maddie Burke – Doylestown, Pennsylvania – 2020 – Guard – Well established…Deceptively strong with some size at guard…Can create her own…Gets up on the pull up as plus the deep jumper…Tools to be physical defensively…Top tier

Blue Star 30 - Day Two Quickhitters - Bluestar Media

Maddie Burke– 2020 – Doylestown, Pennsylvania – Advanced skills and games…Has length for age…Fluid stroke…Creates her own looks…Elevates on her shot…Sets up her defender

The Future At The Final Four - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Yeah buddy, Maddie Burke come on down....... I mean up! Just in time to learn the ropes for a year under M. Walker.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

How many times can I like this?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We recruited a true Badass from Doylestown. I believe she has 3 NCAA rings. Hopefully, the Doylestown connection--and Geno's Norristown/West Chester connection--will help.

53143434.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sam Brunelle's Tuesday (2/7) via her coach:

24 points, 15 rebounds

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Blue Star has Kylee Watson ranked 3rd in the Class of 2020 while Maddie Burke is ranked 10th. Sam Brunelle is ranked 1st in 2019 by Blue Star.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
William Monroe barely survived its first conference playoff game Friday (2/10) 36-34. Sam Brunelle scored 15 points.

Reaction Score
I am new here and my first post: found a highlight clip of Celeste Taylor out of long island I think she will be a great catch in the 2019 class to go along with Brunelle

Reaction Score
CD was in Jersey and told many she was there for her, according to her club team Philly Belles she is being recruited by many of the top schools

Reaction Score
I am new here and my first post: found a highlight clip of Celeste Taylor out of long island I think she will be a great catch in the 2019 class to go along with Brunelle

I wrote about Ms Taylor earlier in this thread..........she is a fun player to watch, very quick and very athletic.........I think she needs to work on her range and consistency from the three point line but she is a big time talent who is ranked in the low 20's nationally.............one of UConn's coaches was there to watch her in person a few weekends ago in Holmdel NJ so the Huskies are fully aware of her

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment of her, she also plays great defense, her travel coach told me she dunks tennis balls so she can get up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom