2019-20 Former Players Playing Overseas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019-20 Former Players Playing Overseas

Reaction Score
THe WNBA usually has a list of wnba players overseas. I checked list out but the list has not been updated for two years. Anyone know of a site with current list for 2019-2020 season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
One of UConn's former opponents -- Brianna Turner -- is/has headed "down" to Australia to play with the Adelaide Lightning.

The other Yank on the Lightning roster is Crystal Langhorne. Steph Talbot of the Lynx is also on board.

Former Irish guard Natalie Novosel was slated to be on the team but tore -- once again -- an ACL in an off-season pick-up game.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Eckmark started law school at ASU in September of 2017, so she might have finished. ??

She could have finished one of the degrees in the school of law, but not the JD. She would be entering the final year of a JD this year. I thought I had read that was the path she was taking.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She could have finished one of the degrees in the school of law, but not the JD. She would be entering the final year of a JD this year. I thought I had read that was the path she was taking.

One less lawyer in the world? :eek:

and if she still has the itch, she can get back to it. Lawyers -> Judges can serve to 100. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
One less lawyer in the world? :eek:

and if she still has the itch, she can get back to it. Lawyers -> Judges can serve to 100. :rolleyes:
Remember the Tom Paxton song “One Million lawyers, what’s a poor country to do?”

Reaction Score
I’m sad she isn’t in law school.
From an article in Feb 2019:

Ekmark is in her second year of law school — following the path of both of her parents — and hopes to play professional basketball internationally if not in the WNBA.

"I think it would be cool to go overseas and live in a different country for a little bit and then come back," she said. "I told my parents that law school was just a backup plan. They looked at me like I was crazy. But I think having a law degree can help you in whatever you want to do."

Ekmark might be able to combine playing in Europe with a semester abroad as she completes her final year of law school, her father said.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From an article in Feb 2019:

Ekmark is in her second year of law school — following the path of both of her parents — and hopes to play professional basketball internationally if not in the WNBA.

"I think it would be cool to go overseas and live in a different country for a little bit and then come back," she said. "I told my parents that law school was just a backup plan. They looked at me like I was crazy. But I think having a law degree can help you in whatever you want to do."

Ekmark might be able to combine playing in Europe with a semester abroad as she completes her final year of law school, her father said.

Law school was a backup plan? Interesting. I'm a little suprised that Courtney will be able to play in Europe, but I'm happy for her.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou scored 15 points on 6 for 9 shooting. Lou was 3 for 4 on 2 point point shots and 3 for 5 on three pointers. She had 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 assist in 30 minutes.
Now the bad news. Her team lost 83 to 73.
Lou had 2 fouls at half time and in the 3rd quarter picked up fouls 3 and 4 in the first 3.30 of the 3rd quarter. She sat the rest of the third quarter but played the entire 4th quarter.
On to the next game.

Reaction Score
Kia is back in Canberra:

Barbara Turner (listed in official boxscores as Bahar Ozturk) and Bria started their seasons in Turkey against each other:

Reaction Score
Lou scored 15 points on 6 for 9 shooting. Lou was 3 for 4 on 2 point point shots and 3 for 5 on three pointers. She had 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 assist in 30 minutes.
Lou had 2 fouls at half time and in the 3rd quarter picked up fouls 3 and 4 in the first 3.30 of the 3rd quarter. She sat the rest of the third quarter but played the entire 4th quarter.
On to the next game.
Her team’s up to now leading scorer pulled an Arike and couldn’t find the basket, missing a dozen or more shots. Shame on me for that snide reference.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia is back in Canberra:

Barbara Turner (listed in official boxscores as Bahar Ozturk) and Bria started their seasons in Turkey against each other:
So BT is now BO. I'll have to make a mental note. It doesn't compute.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On to the next game.
Sounds like a solid start for Lou. She needs to be on the floor more than she was in Chicago.

Reaction Score
What Sky needs is another steady 15-20 shooter. Different players played that role this year but that affects the defensive strategy of opponents, meaning they don’t have to plan on a consistent second shooter. Maybe they needed to get into playoffs this year but next year means not standing still. Lou was that for four years at UConn and is showing that in France after a three point first game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Chong has signed anywhere? She’s not playing for Beroe, where she played last year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Sounds like a solid start for Lou. She needs to be on the floor more than she was in Chicago.
If anyone wants to watch the replay of Lous game on Sunday here is the link

Lou's team is in the dark uniforms.
Just my opinion, Lou's team played man nearly the entire game and Lou was covering an experienced 5'11 guard(#25) who was much quicker than her. I dont know why the coach had her guard that player. Lou also guarded another guard, #7 during parts of the game. Since the same player was guarding Lou, why didnt they post Lou up and use the 4" difference for paint shots. Lou could have easily guarded one of the post players, as they werent that tall or that strong, IMO. By the way, #25 was named POW for this week in France, and I believe played in Belgium last year on Lou's sisters team.

Reaction Score
i just saw this in the 3x3 thread about collier in regards to the national team college tour, re: january time-frame...

'but Collier won’t be joining them because she’s signed to play professionally for Fenerbache S.K. in Turkey.'

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Flammes Carolo, KLS team from France, won their first Euro Cup game today against Liege Panthers, from Belgium. 81-48.
Apparently this game was not streamed on Fiba Baskets You Tube site.
Box Score below

KLS had 16 points and 10 Rebounds in 27 minutes. The 16 points led her team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom