2018 UConn Commit #2 Dillon Harris (Bloomfield CT) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #2 Dillon Harris (Bloomfield CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Man, HCRE 2.0 is killing it.

Really hope he can keep these kids on board and bring some more in.

That offer list is incredible.

I'll wait to see how many stars though before passing judgement :D

Reaction Score
From an Aman K article on TOS:

>>Tight ends coach Corey Edsall and linebackers coach Jon Wholley led the charge in his recruitment. Harris made a visit to Storrs on Saturday along with Kevon Jones, the Huskies’ first class of 2018 commitment. They attended linebacker group meetings, took in a practice, and met some other future teammates in the player’s lounge.<<

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is a big deal, the fact that a top two player in the state was confident enough this early to spurn the likes of Rutgers and Michigan shows the type of excitement and expectations everyone has moving forward. Hopefully we're done with the FCS types, looking at you Dickens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
From an AK article on TOS:

>>Tight ends coach Corey Edsall and linebackers coach Jon Wholley led the charge in his recruitment. Harris made a visit to Storrs on Saturday along with Kevon Jones, the Huskies’ first class of 2018 commitment. They attended linebacker group meetings, took in a practice, and met some other future teammates in the player’s lounge.<<
Young man showing some early potential, great to see.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'd love to see it happen, and he'd be a great catch. But these non binding pre commits are like the pretty girl's best friend saying "maybe" when you ask her to the prom in September.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd love to see it happen, and he'd be a great catch. But these non binding pre commits are like the pretty girl's best friend saying "maybe" when you ask her to the prom in September.
She didn't say 'no' though...

I'd have taken a maybe in high school...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

What's different about this kid is he already has the big offers. Not like some, who get the big offer late, and then switch.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hope all the preseason excitement and renewed hope are continued through the season. I just fear that some of these recruits are buying the hype, like we all are, and then the onfield results stink and show little signs of change and then the kids back out. I hope I'm wrong and I have a feeling, and hope, that the on the field product will be vastly different, but signing day is forever a way! All it takes is one of the big boys to flash their CFB playoff game and other things at these kids and compare it to our results and it could sway them. We have no idea how hard any of the big names came at these kids.

Hoping Harris and Jones stay committed. If they do, it's a huge get and huge sign that we are back on the map!

Reaction Score
I hope all the preseason excitement and renewed hope are continued through the season. I just fear that some of these recruits are buying the hype, like we all are, and then the onfield results stink and show little signs of change and then the kids back out. I hope I'm wrong and I have a feeling, and hope, that the on the field product will be vastly different, but signing day is forever a way! All it takes is one of the big boys to flash their CFB playoff game and other things at these kids and compare it to our results and it could sway them. We have no idea how hard any of the big names came at these kids.

Hoping Harris and Jones stay committed. If they do, it's a huge get and huge sign that we are back on the map!
It's not like the coaches stop recruiting the kids at all after they commit. If this year's team struggles, the staff will still be calling and talking about how they need this new two-year crop of recruits, starting with them, to turn UConn back around and return it to relevancy.

At least with this kid, I am confident his CT pride will keep him from pulling out now that Randy has come home for at least his whole college career

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
It's not like the coaches stop recruiting the kids at all after they commit. If this year's team struggles, the staff will still be calling and talking about how they need this new two-year crop of recruits, starting with them, to turn UConn back around and return it to relevancy.

At least with this kid, I am confident his CT pride will keep him from pulling out now that Randy has come home for at least his whole college career
That wasn't my point. I know the keep on the kids after they commit. My point was that it's easy to be pumped before a single game is played with a new coaching staff. Once the games start and the season goes on, I just hope that the big name programs don't come hard at this kid and flaunt their W-L record vs ours. We were all excited for Diaco when he first came in too. We all know what happened once his first season commenced.....

I don't think we'll see the same with RE 2.0 but it's not going to be a great season either. Hopefully I'm wrong! I also hope we end up with this kid wearing a UConn uniform and I know the staff will do everything they can to ensure that.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That wasn't my point. I know the keep on the kids after they commit. My point was that it's easy to be pumped before a single game is played with a new coaching staff. Once the games start and the season goes on, I just hope that the big name programs don't come hard at this kid and flaunt their W-L record vs ours. We were all excited for Diaco when he first came in too. We all know what happened once his first season commenced.....

I don't think we'll see the same with RE 2.0 but it's not going to be a great season either. Hopefully I'm wrong! I also hope we end up with this kid wearing a UConn uniform and I know the staff will do everything they can to ensure that.

You make a good point, and I worry about the same thing. We have a lot of excitement mounting, and a pretty freakin bad team to back it up. People are generally impatient. However, any rational fan whose connected to the program understands (or should) that this is a multi-year overhaul that may look very ugly before it looks better. We're projected to be one of the five worst teams in all of FBS next year, so while we should be excited we should have very low immediate expectations.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
You make a good point, and I worry about the same thing. We have a lot of excitement mounting, and a pretty freakin bad team to back it up. People are generally impatient. However, any rational fan whose connected to the program understands (or should) that this is a multi-year overhaul that may look very ugly before it looks better. We're projected to be one of the five worst teams in all of FBS next year, so while we should be excited we should have very low immediate expectations.
Agree 100%. Can only hope they prove us wrong. As long as we see progress I'll be happy. The schedule isn't killer so some wins should occur. I just wanna see our offense show some signs of life and our OL to show the ability to not be Swiss cheese!

I just hope these kids who as excited about the program see that they are a large part of the rebuild. For some kids, that's a plus while others might wanna go into a situation where you win right away. I have little doubt RE and company are finding the kids who want the former. I hope Harris wants to be part of the rebuild and i think he'll be a huge part in making us successful! Can't wait to finally get some action going for this team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom