2018 UConn Commit #1 Kevon Jones (East Hartford, CT) | The Boneyard

2018 UConn Commit #1 Kevon Jones (East Hartford, CT)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I understand UConn just received a commitment from this kid from East Hartford. Played QB and LB there. I hear he is slated to play LB for UConn
Anybody have any further info?
Thanks

Reaction Score
This would be great news. That being said, this is football recruiting. Nothing is set in stone until the paperwork is signed so we have a year before we'll really know.

Reaction Score
>>Jones, a quarterback and linebacker for coach Rick Milton at East Hartford, grew up spending afternoons with UConn players such as Darius Butler, Donald Brown and Andre Dixon. Those players were mentors to students at East Hartford Middle School as part of The Goal Line Project, a program spearheaded by Edsall and the UConn football program in 2006 and designed to help at-risk teens. "All those former players would come to the school every Monday," said East Hartford coach Rick Milton, who worked at the middle school at the time. "They would help with homework and just sit and talk with him, just other positive male figures in his life. From 6th through 8th grade, he was part of that program, and obviously that helped him transition into the young man that he is today."<<

>>Jones, who goes by the nickname "K.K.," was recruited as a linebacker by UConn. Assistant Jon Wholley, the Huskies' linebackers coach but then the defensive coordinator at Fordham, first took an interest in Jones over the summer at a camp in Cheshire. Wholley followed up after joining Edsall's UConn staff in January. He and defensive coordinator Billy Crocker visited East Hartford High last month.<<

>>Coach Edsall met with him and liked the young man K.K. had developed into," Milton said. "UConn was a school he grew up watching, a school right there in his community. He could ride his bike over to [Rentschler Field]. It's great for his family to be able to take a 10-minute ride to go watch him play. This is something he hoped for and dreamed of, and now it's a reality. ... He's glowing, he's happy, he's hungry and he's humble."<<

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dayna Deleston is the only other EH guy to play for FBS UConn, right?

I believe so, at least when talking about UCONN at the FBS level. They may have had a couple before the 90's though. I would need Carl to step up and fill that in for me...;)

Reaction Score
Is this the earliest we've secured a commitment? I don't remember one this early.

Welcome Kevon.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Is this the earliest we've secured a commitment? I don't remember one this early.

Welcome Kevon.
I think DJ was around the same time.

Reaction Score
You know what the nice thing about RE 2.0 getting a kid with no offers to commit, especially a CT kid?

He has a shot to play in the NFL. Don't make me list CT kids from UConn with next to no offers who either played in the NFL or were UDFA's on teams practice squads. Don't make me do it. :D

Reaction Score
Perfect fit for 3-3-5. Really smooth defender against pass. Will need to gain strength to fill in run game, but he is like a heat sinking missile. Can tell he has football smarts. Very fast. I like it.

Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn KK

I'm certain a program like Penn St will probably pop up, but for now, I'll enjoy.

Reaction Score
Assuming "last year" would be the 2015-2016 school year, which would be Jones' sophomore year in high school. There is a lot of time for maturation and development and not just on the football field. Trusting that Edsall and Co. did their homework.

Last edited by a moderator:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
"Coach Edsall met with him and liked the young man K.K. had developed into," Milton said. "UConn was a school he grew up watching, a school right there in his community. He could ride his bike over to [Rentschler Field]. It's great for his family to be able to take a 10-minute ride to go watch him play. This is something he hoped for and dreamed of, and now it's a reality. ... He's glowing, he's happy, he's hungry and he's humble."

Have you matured since your Sophomore year in HS, BleedBlue? It happens more than you'd think.

East Hartford QB-LB Kevon Jones Commits To UConn

C

Chief00

I am much more concerned about his 40 time and weight lifting numbers than his GPA - as long as he stays eligible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom