2018 CIAC Football Playoffs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2018 CIAC Football Playoffs

Reaction Score
Looking at the first few plays of his hudl and he has a huge arm. Does he have offers?

The only known offer he has is Bucknell which kinda makes you wonder why this late in the game.

Reaction Score
#1 Greenwich
#2 Hand
#2a St Joe’s
#4 - #10 Whoever

Muir - State POY
Billings - Offensive POY
Bici - Defensive POY

Hand vs SJ would be an awesome game.

Reaction Score
Looking at the first few plays of his hudl and he has a huge arm. Does he have offers?
Roll out the red carpet for him, he's a heck of an athlete. Not sure if I'd rate him over David Summers, but he's very close to Summers in passing ability and is a better runner. Plus having Muir at UConn gives Edsall a shot at Barber in two years, and a couple of the junior lineman.

Reaction Score
The only known offer he has is Bucknell which kinda makes you wonder why this late in the game.
I hope we offer. UConn get any Greenwich kids in recent years? I really hope we had someone at that game.

Reaction Score
Roll out the red carpet for him, he's a heck of an athlete. Not sure if I'd rate him over David Summers, but he's very close to Summers in passing ability and is a better runner. Plus having Muir at UConn gives Edsall a shot at Barber in two years, and a couple of the junior lineman.
Summers has a chance to really develop into a good college QB. Muir had the better season start-to-finish. Summers’ inconsistency early on was do to some early season injuries in the receiving corp and along the OLine. Although he lost Pasmeg, the OLine got healthy and he started to trust some of the young WRs down the stretch. Summers caught fire, that opened up run lanes for Shirden (who will be a big recruit) and the rest is history. Muir has something about him that he’s hard not to like. I think the same can be said for Billings of Hand. Summers is the better college prospect, but the other two have “IT”.

Reaction Score
We have only 4 state championships. If there wasn’t a coach at all 4 then I’m done! You need to make a presence in your own state, then I want no part of this program! ... really looking forward to another 1-11 season, where he blames the kids for having no talent.

Reaction Score
We have only 4 state championships. If there wasn’t a coach at all 4 then I’m done! You need to make a presence in your own state, then I want no part of this program! ... really looking forward to another 1-11 season, where he blames the kids for having no talent.
At the very least, they should have made an appearance in New Britain. But the best prospects were in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
In the article on Billings the other day it said Edsall understood his commitment to UConn baseball. I wonder if there’s a possibility Billings tries to play both.

Reaction Score
Summers has a chance to really develop into a good college QB. Muir had the better season start-to-finish. Summers’ inconsistency early on was do to some early season injuries in the receiving corp and along the OLine. Although he lost Pasmeg, the OLine got healthy and he started to trust some of the young WRs down the stretch. Summers caught fire, that opened up run lanes for Shirden (who will be a big recruit) and the rest is history. Muir has something about him that he’s hard not to like. I think the same can be said for Billings of Hand. Summers is the better college prospect, but the other two have “IT”.
Is Muir comparable to Casey Cochran?

Reaction Score
#1 Greenwich
#2 Hand
#2a St Joe’s
#4 - #10 Whoever

Muir - State POY
Billings - Offensive POY
Bici - Defensive POY

If we're mixing eye test with resume,

1. Greenwich
2. Hand
3. St Joe's
4. Newtown
5. Darien
6. Shelton
7. Prep
8. Southington
9. New Canaan
10. Maloney

Reaction Score
#1 Greenwich
#2 Hand
#2a St Joe’s
#4 - #10 Whoever

Muir - State POY
Billings - Offensive POY
Bici - Defensive POY

St. Joe's need to be moved up to L or higher and should not be in class M. Berlin is a darn good program . Berlin draws its 1,000 some off students from a town of roughly 20,000 residents. St. Joe's has 900 students who are pulled in (not recruited of course) from maybe a population of 250K if one takes a quarter of New Haven and Fairfield Counties' population. The Catholic issue basically destroyed high school football in New Jersey until they were separated out into their own conference.

Reaction Score
St. Joe's need to be moved up to L or higher and should not be in class M. Berlin is a darn good program . Berlin draws its 1,000 some off students from a town of roughly 20,000 residents. St. Joe's has 900 students who are pulled in (not recruited of course) from maybe a population of 250K if one takes a quarter of New Haven and Fairfield Counties' population. The Catholic issue basically destroyed high school football in New Jersey until they were separated out into their own conference.
First, I agree. St Joe's should be in L at a minimum.

I will also laugh at you complaining about St. Joe's player pool when there are kids from New Britain on the Berlin roster and they have been caught for this very thing before

Reaction Score
First, I agree. St Joe's should be in L at a minimum.

I will also laugh at you complaining about St. Joe's player pool when there are kids from New Britain on the Berlin roster and they have been caught for this very thing before

Oh, I remember that story, too, and completely agree that is an issue. In North Jersey, North Bergen's football coach was caught having players from other towns living in an apartment that he owned. Basically destroyed the program. It even goes beyond football. I have been told that Greenwich itself has some sort of 'open enrollment' programs allowing some girls from neighboring New York State to participate on their swim team.

Reaction Score
Oh, I remember that story, too, and completely agree that is an issue. In North Jersey, North Bergen's football coach was caught having players from other towns living in an apartment that he owned. Basically destroyed the program. It even goes beyond football. I have been told that Greenwich itself has some sort of 'open enrollment' programs allowing some girls from neighboring New York State to participate on their swim team.
Greenwich's best teams in the 2000's had star athletes from Port Chester on the roster. There are people that "pay" to send their kids to Greenwich, but I imagine the payments actually come from boosters. I don't know if they're still doing it or not, though.

Regarding a public/private split, I don't think that would be a good thing for Connecticut football. What will happen is that people will view that as a superior league and you're going to get a lot more recruiting from private school coaches. Enough kids are being stolen by prep schools, we don't need to add another layer. I do think that there should be a rule that a percentage of kids have to come from an 'x' mile radius from campus otherwise you get bumped to L or LL dependent upon how many are on your roster. You have to make cuts illegal, though, so coaches can't game the system

Reaction Score
Better runner
he's not as good a passer, though. Casey was a machine. I never saw a bad throw and he hit timing patterns like no one I'd ever seen before or after.

Reaction Score
If we're mixing eye test with resume,

1. Greenwich
2. Hand
3. St Joe's
4. Newtown
5. Darien
6. Shelton
7. Prep
8. Southington
9. New Canaan
10. Maloney
The voters will put Bloomfield in there somewhere probably between 8-10.

Reaction Score
Greenwich's best teams in the 2000's had star athletes from Port Chester on the roster. There are people that "pay" to send their kids to Greenwich, but I imagine the payments actually come from boosters. I don't know if they're still doing it or not, though.

Regarding a public/private split, I don't think that would be a good thing for Connecticut football. What will happen is that people will view that as a superior league and you're going to get a lot more recruiting from private school coaches. Enough kids are being stolen by prep schools, we don't need to add another layer. I do think that there should be a rule that a percentage of kids have to come from an 'x' mile radius from campus otherwise you get bumped to L or LL dependent upon how many are on your roster. You have to make cuts illegal, though, so coaches can't game the system
I wouldn’t be for a public/private split, but regional schools need to be in bigger classes. St Joe and Immaculate and Trinity should be in L at a minimum.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be for a public/private split, but regional schools need to be in bigger classes. St Joe and Immaculate and Trinity should be in L at a minimum.
Immaculate and Trinity have not had a good team in a while, raising them to L or LL would be detrimental to the school. I think the CIAC test is to raise a team up only if they have consecutive trips to the playoffs, that I can see doing and it's fair as long as they also raise not just St Joe's, but NDWH, keep Xavier and Prep at LL, etc. St Joe's has such a strong program that moving them to LL would not stop that freight train one bit.

Reaction Score
The voters will put Bloomfield in there somewhere probably between 8-10.
My top ten....

1) Greenwich
2) St Joe's
3) Hand
4) New Canaan
5) Shelton
6) Bloomfield
7) Newtown
8) Ansonia
9) Prep
10) Tie Southington and Darien

My reason for putting New Canaan so high is they were 3-0 outside the FCIAC, beat Shelton, a New York team, and beat Prep easily.

Reaction Score
Immaculate and Trinity have not had a good team in a while, raising them to L or LL would be detrimental to the school. I think the CIAC test is to raise a team up only if they have consecutive trips to the playoffs, that I can see doing and it's fair as long as they also raise not just St Joe's, but NDWH, keep Xavier and Prep at LL, etc. St Joe's has such a strong program that moving them to LL would not stop that freight train one bit.
Was thinking all sports, not just football. Something needs to take the regional population into account. Don't want to penalize small parochial schools either, but most draw from large physical areas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom