2017 UConn Football Tailgating Survey | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Tailgating Survey

Reaction Score
IMG_2232.JPG

University of Connecticut Game Day Tailgating Survey 2017

Reaction Score
I just filled mine out. Looks like they have some good ideas. Mostly out of my price range, but probably going after making the experience better for the big donors, which is good for business.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I just filled it out as well.

Stated that it was a great idea. In response to why I wouldn't be interested I stated that I have too much invested in tailgate equipment over the years.

This is however something that should have been considered s dozen years ago.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Florist? Maybe for once I'm home... :)

The thinking is great for this, but it replicates our tailgate group. We're well-seasoned!

Reaction Score
Most of us are seasoned tailgaters. But the premium service could be great for corporate gigs. Something companies could offer employees as a reasonably-priced, local attraction for people who aren't already heavily invested in tailgating. Something to possibly introduce them to the atmosphere and the possibility.

Reaction Score
I said they need better slogans on the buttons the cheerleaders pass out in the parking lots. "Scare-D-Cats"? Come on! That's awful!

Reaction Score
Agree it is pricey - but I think it would be a great way to get a huge crew together once or twice a year for a big party with a lot less hassle.

Love the thinking.
I was gonna say the Greek kids would definitely utilize it

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I was gonna say the Greek kids would definitely utilize it
Greek kids already throw massive tailgates. Don't think they'd want to have the school involved in setting the tailgates up in the slightest.

Reaction Score
Greek kids already throw massive tailgates. Don't think they'd want to have the school involved in setting the tailgates up in the slightest.
Just as university-condoned rush events and the like; not talking about state-funded ice luges and jello shots

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Just as university-condoned rush events and the like; not talking about ragers
Gotcha. Unfortunately the university outlawed alcohol consumption at fraternity rush events in 2012. Quite a shame as it really makes the rush events less social/fun now. Doubt fraternities would give up a regular tailgate to have a rush event at the Rent with no alcohol but you never know.

Reaction Score
Gotcha. Unfortunately the university outlawed alcohol consumption at fraternity rush events in 2012. Quite a shame as it really makes the rush events less social/fun now. Doubt fraternities would give up a regular tailgate to have a rush event at the Rent with no alcohol but you never know.
LMAO it took them that long to ban alcohol at rush events? Jesus. TBH I know next to nothing about that whole scene and was really just thinking/posting out my ass about that. Just trying to think of what kinds of accessible big groups would care about UConn football that much especially in its current state.

Reaction Score
I looked at it and thought..for the base package all me and the other guy in my group have to bring is food, grill, beer...the rest of the 15 or 20 of us that come every week get to share in the load now..LOL. Seriously with just 2 of us lugging the stuff for a 15-20 person tailgate this may not be a bad idea.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I filled it out. Said not interested in catered parties- I want control of what to bring, when to eat.

Also said relax the parking policy a bit. There isn't ever a shortage of spots. Having more room to spread out would be nice.

(Note: Not a season ticket holder, but if I were, this is what I'd want).

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I filled it out. Said not interested in catered parties- I want control of what to bring, when to eat.

Also said relax the parking policy a bit. There isn't ever a shortage of spots. Having more room to spread out would be nice.

(Note: Not a season ticket holder, but if I were, this is what I'd want).
That is exactly what I put.
Relax the Gezpatcho jacking in of cars by LAZ. Let blue lot folks park where they want @ 3 hrs prior. Not 4-5 hrs before.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I sent a diagram created out of text characters. There is no reason the Blue Lot has to be the most cramped and disorganized lot for tailgating.

Reaction Score
I mentioned they should have more port-o-potties. Those lines get pretty crazy at times. Seems like a pretty easy fix.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I asked them to offer season ticket holders the opportunity to buy additional Gray lot parking passes on a per game basis (subject to availability). I'd love to bring friends but what fun is that if you can't park next to each other and tailgate? I've never seen Gray lot fill up (tons of room across the access road).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom