2017 UConn Commit - Brayden Brown (Cumberland, MD) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit - Brayden Brown (Cumberland, MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Rivals.com
Given that rivals has his updated status, I trust their h/w information more.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Who cares what his timed speed is? What is important is what the eyes tell you- my eyes tell me he separates from defenders with his speed. And he has shiftiness too.

Reaction Score
Who cares what his timed speed is? What is important is what the eyes tell you- my eyes tell me he separates from defenders with his speed. And he has shiftiness too.
I believe the "argument" is over his reported size, not necessarily speed. He is also coming in as a DB as reported ( I think) so I am not worried about his separation from defenders. He needs to cover the offense like a blanket.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With Swenson, Swan and Olayinian probably playing corner, I guess that puts Beavers, Brown and Fortt playing safety. Six new puppies and we have unopened DB presents from last year to enjoy in Hahn, Herring and Coyle (and Tre Bell's senior season). Maybe Fortt (as WR), Beavers (as WR and Brown (slot receiver or RB?) move to the O if everything is clicking with the others.

We are correcting that speed deficit. Just need Gardner-Russaw and another just like him to play LB with this crew.

Reaction Score
With Swenson, Swan and Olayinian probably playing corner, I guess that puts Beavers, Brown and Fortt playing safety. Six new puppies and we have unopened DB presents from last year to enjoy in Hahn, Herring and Coyle (and Tre Bell's senior season). Maybe Fortt (as WR), Beavers (as WR and Brown (slot receiver or RB?) move to the O if everything is clicking with the others.

We are correcting that speed deficit. Just need Gardner-Russaw and another just like him to play LB with this crew.

I'd imagine most of these guys stay in the secondary. If we're going to be using 5 DB's then the two deep has to be 10 guys.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine most of these guys stay in the secondary. If we're going to be using 5 DB's then the two deep has to be 10 guys.
Some will be HYBRID (see what I did there) DB/LB....I think Fortt and Beavers have the size and ability to come down into the box from the safety position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some will be HYBRID (see what I did there) DB/LB....I think Fortt and Beavers have the size and ability to come down into the box from the safety position.

Yeah I saw Beavers as LB/SS day one as soon as I saw him. He's definitely tall and quick enough but he could use another 25lbs

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw Beavers as LB/SS day one as soon as I saw him. He's definitely tall and quick enough but he could use another 25lbs
I'd love to see those guys in the blitz package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom