2017 Spring Roster's up | The Boneyard

2017 Spring Roster's up

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised Eddie Hahn is still listed as a DB. I figured he'd be a good fit at OLB in this scheme.

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised Eddie Hahn is still listed as a DB. I figured he'd be a good fit at OLB in this scheme.
That 5th DB gives Crocker the option of making 1 of his safeties a LB hybrid. Hahn is a really good athlete who can dunk a basketball with 2 hands (that gives you an idea of his vertical ability) and has good quickness and speed. He can fit into this hybrid spot easily.

Reaction Score
Allmendinger to Tight End from FB
This is interesting as Randy always had good success with FB's here and two have had great success at the next level. Not one on the roster.
Went back over Auburn rosters and Lashlee employed them also, as many as four some years. Always thought Matt Walsh was a better fullback than a line backer but when he threatened to quit Wacky caved. We saw where a porous line and no FB got us.
What ever Randy and Rhett have up their sleeve I hope some of the Auburn aurora has come on board. Should make for a great crowd at the spring game! ;)
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools..._non_event/2013_auburn_football_guide_web.pdf
While looking back on Rhett....Auburn spring game draws 83,401.....

Reaction Score
This is interesting as Randy always had good success with FB's here and two have had great success at the next level. Not one on the roster.
Went back over Auburn rosters and Lashlee employed them also, as many as four some years. Always thought Matt Walsh was a better fullback than a line backer but when he threatened to quit Wacky caved. We saw where a porous line and no FB got us.

The feeling is that this is going to be Lashlee's offense, which might be significantly different from the Auburn offenses from the last few seasons. Malzahn was reportedly very involved in the scheme, and play calling....even when he "gave up calling plays" last season. It's likely why RL took this job - to have the offense be 100% his.

Not having a FB on the roster is a step towards us knowing more about what this offense will look like. It's a small step, obviously, but unless a new FB is on his way, we probably will go without in RL's system.

There is a chance that what we see from our offense is totally different from the Auburn offenses these past years. We wont have any idea for a while, but this is a clue.

I look forward to the roster thread twice a year. So much fun to try and figure things out based on weights, and position changes. This season more than most !!!

Reaction Score
Rutherford, C. Lee, Vechery, Cespedes, Hashemi, Ian Campbell, (Leone?) all put on some extra weight it appears, unless of course my memory is failing me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee shifted to OT at some point before the season. Sort of out growing TE and we could use an extra body at OL.

Reaction Score
There is a chance that what we see from our offense is totally different from the Auburn offenses these past years.

Totally different, why?

IMO he was brought here to run that highly productive Auburn offense.

Reaction Score
Totally different, why?

IMO he was brought here to run that highly productive Auburn offense.

IMO he was brought here (took a significant pay cut to come here) to run the Rhett Lashlee offense. Might be similar, might be different...but i dont think he would have left if the offense he had there was exactly what he wanted to run.

Just my 0.02. Fun to guess for the next few months.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
IMO he was brought here (took a significant pay cut to come here) to run the Rhett Lashlee offense. Might be similar, might be different..but i dont think he would have left if the offense he had there was exactly what he wanted to run.

Just my 0.02. Fun to guess for the next few months.

I agree to an extent. No one is sure how much of Auburn's offense was Malzahn..and how much Lashlee. That is the main reason he left, so he had complete control. I would imagine it will be similar, but I don't think you can assume it will be exactly the same. The other piece is that Auburn has different athletes, and the SEC has different defenses. I would assume he will run the best scheme for UConn athletes and one that can win against AAC teams.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I like all the roster moves, particularly moving Freeborn and Garson to DL.

I'm not sure we should read too much into the Allmendinger move. I suspect some of the TEs will play the H Back type role and why not try to hide/confuse that role by not flagging such TE's ahead of time with specialized position names.

Reaction Score
Rutherford, C. Lee, Vechery, Cespedes, Hashemi, Ian Campbell, (Leone?) all put on some extra weight it appears, unless of course my memory is failing me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee shifted to OT at some point before the season. Sort of out growing TE and we could use an extra body at OL.
Was thinking the same thing about Lee... Plenty of TE to OL conversions appear evident with the new staff.. which, makes sense... In the meantime I think we'll enjoy some double TE sets up front while spreading it out

Reaction Score
What ever Randy and Rhett have up their sleeve I hope some of the Auburn aurora has come on board. Should make for a great crowd at the spring game! ;)
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools..._non_event/2013_auburn_football_guide_web.pdf
While looking back on Rhett...Auburn spring game draws 83,401....

We bout to have something special goin on up in Storrs! Just a hunch... IMO, THIS says it all (from his Auburn media profile that goes along with the rest of the profile):

RHETT LASHLEE

• Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach

• Set six school offensive records in first season as

coordinator at Samford and Arkansas State

• Coached 2012 Sun Belt Offensive Player of Year

Reaction Score
I know we need more solid OL but looking down the roster we may not be as thin as feared over the next few years if we pick up a Transfer/JC and a couple of young guys pan out. There are a couple of guys who I have doubts about but overall I think we have some potential for the staff to work with.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Any unexpected attrition?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Always thought Matt Walsh was a better fullback than a line backer but when he threatened to quit Wacky caved. We saw where a porous line and no FB got us.

Walsh was not a horrible linebacker in the scheme of things. He was in the rotation and even if he didn't get the technical start every game, he played starters' minutes. If a team does not utilize the fullback position (Diaco used H-backs and had 7 of them.), and a kid can excel elsewhere, then no harm, no foul.

Reaction Score
Walsh was not a horrible linebacker in the scheme of things. He was in the rotation and even if he didn't get the technical start every game, he played starters' minutes. If a team does not utilize the fullback position (Diaco used H-backs and had 7 of them.), and a kid can excel elsewhere, then no harm, no foul.

He was pretty bad.

Reaction Score
He was pretty bad.
In a defensive scheme where making a nice hit 10 yards down field after the opposing team picks up the first down a bunch of times, can't blame him for that....

Reaction Score
Just noticed that there's no David Williams on the roster. Does he get added with the incoming freshman class?

Reaction Score
I like all the roster moves, particularly moving Freeborn and Garson to DL.

I'm not sure we should read too much into the Allmendinger move. I suspect some of the TEs will play the H Back type role and why not try to hide/confuse that role by not flagging such TE's ahead of time with specialized position names.

This. Allmendinger is listed at 6'1". He's not a TE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom