2017 Scholarship Chart | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2017 Scholarship Chart

Reaction Score
My guess is Freddy Canteeen. 5th year grad transfer WR from Michigan. Was a big time WR recruit of Brady Hoke who was lost in the shuffle with Harbaugh. Sat out last year with 2 shoulder surgeries. Originally recruited by both UConn and Maryland (Edsall). On twitter, he is currently following/followed by a few UConn coaches/players.
I read an article from February that said he is transferring to Notre Dame.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Diaco stock piled TE's like crazy. Long snapping is not an easy skill to learn. It's one of those things that you take for granted until you don't have one.

its easy for those that have never tried it, consistently accurate and quick snapper that wont be a liability on the field isn't easy.

Reaction Score
Anyone else hear a rumor that L/S Nick Zecchino is no longer on the team either? Now that Obi's graduated (who was our 2nd string L/S), who the helk is it going to be?
He's not on updated roster.

RS Frosh Jeffrey Sidebotham is next up and PWO Brian Keating will be on campus this summer.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Yes, we're going to watch a LS video

Sidebotham is good. If him and Keating are on the roster we have nothing to worry about.

PATs look fantastic, hes gonna need to work on punts, depth/speed/accuracy but overall not bad

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Link to Google doc...

Are we sure Mason Donaldson is a PWO and not on scholarship?

Looking at the roster, we could use another RB transfer this summer. We seem to have 3 (or 2 scholarships) available depending on the Mason Donaldson question. After this year we lose Newsome and Williams, leaving us just Thompson, Hopkins and Vickers. If we lose any of those three (and given the nature of the position, the odds are elevated), we are down to 1 or 2 kids on scholarship and would be forced to play a true freshman in 2018.

Now I am about to lob total conjecture here - but if the Koby Quansah rumor is true and he leaves Duke for UConn, he might be a good player to move from LB back to RB to set up for 2018. He had a solid career running the ball at Kingswood-Oxford.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Are we sure Mason Donaldson is a PWO and not on scholarship?

Looking at the roster, we could use another RB transfer this summer. We seem to have 3 (or 2 scholarships) available depending on the Mason Donaldson question. After this year we lose Newsome and Williams, leaving us just Thompson, Hopkins and Vickers. If we lose any of those three (and given the nature of the position, the odds are elevated), we are down to 1 or 2 kids on scholarship and would be forced to play a true freshman in 2018.

Now I am about to lob total conjecture here - but if the Koby Quansah rumor is true and he leaves Duke for UConn, he might be a good player to move from LB back to RB to set up for 2018. He had a solid career running the ball at Kingswood-Oxford.

There's a Koby Quansah rumor?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There's a Koby Quansah rumor?

Yes, just a rumor - floating around here about a month ago. It was put out here on this board in coded words. I have no direct connection to it what so ever.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hmmm... result of post spring practice meetings?

I believe Sowa was still a PWO - right?

Yeah, I think he was still a PWO or plain old WO.

Not that it really matters, but I wouldn't leave my UConn education for a couple years of football fun at Monmouth or Northern AZ.

Reaction Score
Do the northern AZ girls look like the ASU girls? Cuz if so I'd at least take a recruiting visit.
I can't post just one photo.

Nope (or NAU!)
cross%20country.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think he was still a PWO or plain old WO.

Not that it really matters, but I wouldn't leave my UConn education for a couple years of football fun at Monmouth or Northern AZ.
Your nuts if you don't think Monmouth isn't a decent spot to land... Depending on what his major is, I'm sure he'll be just fine down there if that's where he's going... AND he'll get playing time..

If it's N Arizona, weather wise, and with the opportunity to really travel away from home, AND play the game he loves (actually get a real chance to play in live games on meaning downs.. like Monmouth)... how can you say UConn's better ? For him? No way... Get that education kid... more than likely get a lot of it paid for and contribute on the grid iron while soaking in a new culture, a new learning/growing into manhood experience...

Happy for him wherever he ends up...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
how can you say UConn's better ?

UConn #60 in National Universities

Monmouth #38 (tie) in Regional Universities North

Monmouth isn't in the vicinity of UConn academically (though it does have a pretty decent Criminal Justice program.) I think that was his point.

(Northern Arizona's rank is unpublished.)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Your nuts if you don't think Monmouth isn't a decent spot to land... Depending on what his major is, I'm sure he'll be just fine down there if that's where he's going... AND he'll get playing time..

If it's N Arizona, weather wise, and with the opportunity to really travel away from home, AND play the game he loves (actually get a real chance to play in live games on meaning downs.. like Monmouth)... how can you say UConn's better ? For him? No way... Get that education kid... more than likely get a lot of it paid for and contribute on the grid iron while soaking in a new culture, a new learning/growing into manhood experience...

I totally disagree about Monmouth. I have no desire to debate this - so you can have the last word - but my life experiences and what I see in business every day is that the bottom 60% of colleges are a waste of time unless they have a very specialized field like criminal justice. You wouldn't get a call back for your resume from my company graduating from Monmouth. UConn on the other hand is a yes. Also in the yes bucket, Syracuse, BC (lots of BC in my industry), any NESCAC school, Ivy schools of course, etc, etc.

Reaction Score
Guess he wants to continue to follow his dream and perhaps get some sort of scholarship. Would guess maybe contacting FCS and D2 schools that originally recruited him or knows people on team.

Reaction Score
UConn #60 in National Universities

Monmouth #38 (tie) in Regional Universities North

Monmouth isn't in the vicinity of UConn academically (though it does have a pretty decent Criminal Justice program.) I think that was his point.

(Northern Arizona's rank is unpublished.)

Maybe UConn isn't for him? Maybe let these kids make their own life decisions without judging them. Always a laugh when people overrate UConn's academics too. I say that as an alum. It's a fine school, but people go nuts about it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn isn't for him? Maybe let these kids make their own life decisions without judging them. Always a laugh when people overrate UConn's academics too. I say that as an alum. It's a fine school, but people go nuts about it.

What the hell difference does it make what we say here? You said students/players don't read the boneyard anyway, so therefore aren't we free to judge and comment as we wish?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not knocking the kid's decision in the least. Life is choices, right? But Exit 4's point was entirely valid. Acknowledging, the difference between UConn and 38th ranked regional school, isn't overstating UConn's academics.

FWIW, I always shrug when people undervalue UConn's academics. It is a very good school, why pretend otherwise?

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm not knocking the kid's decision in the least. Life is choices, right? But Exit 4 point was entirely valid. Acknowledging, the difference between UConn and 38th ranked regional school, isn't overstating UConn's academics.

FWIW, I always shrug when people undervalue UConn's academics. It is a very good school, why pretend otherwise?

Because its more fun to post counter points.

As usual, the conversation here has gone way side ways over nothing by people who pretend to not care, but then post anyway.

As I stated from the get go, its not a choice I would make on its surface. He may have many excellent reasons, or maybe not - who really knows....

Reaction Score

Ktuck, The weather in Flagstaff, AZ is as cold or if not colder in the winter months than it is in Ct. and they get nearly double the annual snow fall. I awoke one morning in August to 38 degree temp. In Flafstaff.

Reaction Score
I totally disagree about Monmouth. I have no desire to debate this - so you can have the last word - but my life experiences and what I see in business every day is that the bottom 60% of colleges are a waste of time unless they have a very specialized field like criminal justice. You wouldn't get a call back for your resume from my company graduating from Monmouth. UConn on the other hand is a yes. Also in the yes bucket, Syracuse, BC (lots of BC in my industry), any NESCAC school, Ivy schools of course, etc, etc.
Ktuck, The weather in Flagstaff, AZ is as cold or if not colder in the winter months than it is in Ct. and they get nearly double the annual snow fall. I awoke one morning in August to 38 degree temp. In Flafstaff.

I think you guys kinda got my point... Alls I'm sayin is the world has changed a lot when it comes to college, IMO... It's become way more like a world of who you know and not what you know or where you went, unless you specialize in certain fields or even whether or not an area of the country I assumed (my bad) might've been in a warmer climate than where we are now.
The college experience, for the majority, is the biggest life experience you could have before life really begins....
It's a nice journey this kid takes for his own sake, not what's considered social norm...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom